PDA

View Full Version : 26ZX finally here!!!!!!!!!

olemissalum
12-13-2002, 04:22 PM
The new(to me) boat was delivered yesterday smileybo
Is completely filthy from the tow down from Detroit to Atlanta though. Break out the soap and wax. Couple of quick ????'s
1. The depth gage does not have a bezel like the rest of the gages, where to get one.
2. Have 2 props now, has a 24P Bravo and a 22P Bravo, seems to me the 22P would be way to low of a pitch for this boat.
3.24P Bravo prop is not polished, anyone know what it will run to have it polished?
Thanks and Spring needs to hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake
12-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Congats! :D Now let's see some pictures.

Jake

olemissalum
12-13-2002, 05:11 PM
26ZX pics (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/olemiss4me/lst?.dir=/Donzi+26ZX&.view=l)

Here they are.

Darrell
12-13-2002, 05:32 PM
Great News.

1) Go the Gaffig website I have seen them and the red they have should be the same.

2) If the 24p is not labbed you may not be able to go past 4700rpm. (mine wouldn't ..waiting to test the labbed one next year.)

3) Any stailess steel polish sould do.

Darrll

olemissalum
12-13-2002, 05:40 PM
The prop looks like it needs sanding. It is not dirty, but gray in color. Would take an awful lot of elbow grease!!

RedDog
12-13-2002, 06:16 PM
Beautiful boat!

Polished prop - a couple of years back I had to get a dinged prop fixed. Came back unpolished due to the shop's lame equipment failure but I had to have it to start the season. When I finally took it to another shop it was around 60 - 70 bucks to make it shine like a mirrow. Minimal investment compared to a new (to you) 26ZX :D

PS - what engine/HP are you running? Bryan T or Frank C can likely tell you exactly what prop to run - I don't think they would lie to you :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-13-2002, 06:39 PM
Well CONGRATS.
The Bezels are real cheap, I will look it up for you, on the D gauge, maybe 6 bucks.

The 22P sell on E-Bay or too a pal for the first guy to show you 50 to 100 bucks!

Any other data you need let me know, I consider Frank and I good data sources on the 26ZX, like the lesson I learned today on ordering from Corsa.

Best of luck too you, I had the same feeling yesterday getting mine back.... Enjoy.
And post some pictures, or email them to me, I will do them for you.
Bryan

olemissalum
12-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Thanks Bryan, I thought that the 22P seemed like a very small prop for the boat. Since I have the 24P already, what would you recommend having. I really do not want to get the 24P labbed, just shined up. I think I remember you saying in a previous post that a 26P reworked to a 25P would be the best top end prop?? Or is every boat going to be different? Thanks and will get some pics taken as soon as she is cleaned up. Anyone want to help me :D :D All the cold ones supplied!!

Shanghied Again
12-13-2002, 07:52 PM
olemissalum, First things first Congradulations Beautiful boat. You never want to polish a prop a good Lab finished prop is always dull, If you polish the prop you will gain more slip/ I have a polished 24pitch and a labbed 24 pitch 2 mph difference between the 2. Best of Luck and like Bryan said if you need any help we can answer mostly any question on the 26ZX AWESOME BOAT!! :D
www.northeastdonziclub.com (http://www.northeastdonziclub.com)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-13-2002, 07:52 PM
I would run it first, then make changes, "prop" has been a steep and pricey learning curve for me. If I knew what I know now a year ago I could have saved a few hundred and a few hours of my time.
See what you need, if anything, then go for it.
Keep us posted, I will be watching for new and exciting tales...
You boating tomorrow?
Bryan

olemissalum
12-13-2002, 08:03 PM
Frank, this prop is not lab finished(I don't think). Interesting though that polishing one makes it slower. Every boat in our group has nice shiny props on them so I thought that was how they were supposed to be. All new to me. While I have had three boats before, this is my first time in a performance boat so have much to learn. Thanks again

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-13-2002, 08:36 PM
Frank and I just spoke, small world...

My prop from Throttle-Up is somewhat smooth finish but the leading and trailing edges are rough, blade face, 1" etc, thinned to 1/8th...
Bryan

z22owner
12-13-2002, 09:19 PM
What do you want for the 22p Bravo?

HyperDonzi
12-13-2002, 09:23 PM
Frank, this prop is not lab finished(I don't think). Interesting though that polishing one makes it slower. Every boat in our group has nice shiny props on them so I thought that was how they were supposed to be. All new to me. While I have had three boats before, this is my first time in a performance boat so have much to learn. Thanks again

Mercury agrees on the polishing weakening the blades=slower speeds. It is fractions of mph, not a 10mph increase or decrease. Go with polished, looks nicer and you wont notice 1/20 of a mph missing.

Shanghied Again
12-13-2002, 10:08 PM
I tested a lot of props, Most lab finished props come with dulled edges about 1/4 inch into the blade or sometimes the hole blade. My 24 pitch labbed is dull all the way, My stock prop looks great but the labbed runs 2mph faster 64mph not labbed 66mph labbed

Dr. Dan
12-13-2002, 10:38 PM
:D Congrats on your new ride...for a complete lesson in Laminar flow...talk to CDMA...he can "educate you on the efficiencies of prop design, and turbulence,etc. etc"....we dulled ours after talking to him. Ran it that way all year...hooked up great......... eek! who woulda Thunk it? wink ...Damn kids these days...too smart for their own good... :p ...Doc

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Sounds like a taker for the prop above, my 22ZX came with a 22P, all would benifit.

Good luck again.... we are happy with ya, not for ya, well, that too.... :)
Bryan

ToonaFish
12-13-2002, 11:25 PM
Congratulations!!!! She's lovely!!!! If you can wait til after the holiday madness, I'd be willing to trade a few hours with the Meguiars for a ride come Spring... it's too nippy these days for a cold one! But be warned that I'm no Tom Riggle with an orbital...

Bunches,

Celene 'buffing her new harddrive'

olemissalum
12-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Toonafish, are you on Allatoona most of the time. We lived in Illinois Creek last summer. Will be there again this summer :D Come by and say Hello

ToonaFish
12-14-2002, 09:41 AM
Yep, I'm a denzien of Allatoona... Little Toona actually runs through my backyard and it's a hop and a skip to the south (bottom) side of the, ahem, big water there. Didn't get to Sin City much this past summer, as I was mostly on the Lake weekdays - I'll be sure to look you up this year - you'll be very easy to find with your hot new boat! Are you going to be keeping her in bondage at Park or trailering her?

Bunches,

Celene 'getting me a john boat and headin to Illinois Creek'