PDA

View Full Version : 1990 22 Classic For Sale

Bvinc
04-30-2007, 06:25 PM
!990 22 Classic King Cobra w/agressive cam. King Cobra outdrive completely rebuilt 2005 ($9900.00 - have receipts) & shift cable replaced. Just had glass work & color sanded. Interior is very clean w/ new back seat & Donzi removable carpet. Boat is very clean (rate at honest 8.5) Painted original Donzi trailer. Clear Title in Hand
Boat is at Victory Marine - Scot (harbormaster) is doing some minor work & adjustments. Victory Marine just added quick & quiet exhaust (sounds awesome), new water pump, serviced carb & serviced/oil changes on outdrive & engine. Cpmpression test cam out great.
New carpet & rollers on trailer.
Asking $16,950.00 OBO
Bobby 832-256-0421 cell Hm: 281-356-2614 Ofc 713-467-0000 Houston, Texas

Bvinc
05-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I posted pictures & new price.

Silver Bullet
05-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Bvinc

I dropped my 22C of at Victory Marine last week and Scot showed me your boat and it looks great. Good Luck selling it and I agree that it is an honest 8.5.

Good Looking Boat!!!!!

Bvinc
05-08-2007, 08:12 AM
I saw you boat when I picked mine up. That is the 1st silver one I have every seen. Nice boat. I was loking at a 27' Donzi, but it priced went a little high. I am no hurry to sell. I'll just see what happens. If you every run up on Lake Conroe (Seven Coves) shoot me a email.

Bobby

38ZR
05-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I saw you boat when I picked mine up. That is the 1st silver one I have every seen. Nice boat. I was loking at a 27' Donzi, but it priced went a little high. I am no hurry to sell. I'll just see what happens. If you every run up on Lake Conroe (Seven Coves) shoot me a email.
Bobby

Couple questions:

What type of power?
How many hours?
What kind of speeds are you seeing?

Bvinc
05-08-2007, 04:40 PM
I bought boat from owner in S. Carolina. Sept. 2 2006. I sent one of guys down & picked up boat. I only put in the water once last year to make sure it was running ok. My lake was down about 6 feet because of the huricane in 2005. (they had to rework dam) This spring took over to Victory marine & hard some work on engine & glass work. 454 King Cobra Scott's mechanic said who ever sid the work did it right. Nice job on heads & cam. He said it was a pretty aggressive cam (roller), The boat sounds awesome. They also readjusted shift cable. I had lower unit taken off & repaired bottom skeg. It had about 1" missing of bottom. When I got it back it felt like it wasn't going in reverse as easy as before. I haven't tryied it yet. Mech suggested i move up one size on prop. THe last time I ran it (only the 3rd time I have had it in the water & probably a total of 1 hour run time) I ran it up to about 65 MPH hour & it jumped up ther pretty fast. I felt like it still had more to go but my RPM was all the way up to 5700. I don't know how many hour no metter. They did test compresion on all cylinders & mech said it was perfect. Maybe other people in group might know history on boat. (Anderson S. Carolina - bought from a Doctor (kevin) - the pics on line in front of house is his) I'll email him & try to get more history.

fastcat
05-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Nice looking boat. Do you have more pictures? Would like to see more interior and engine shots.
Any issues with the hull /deck?

Thanks

Bvinc
05-09-2007, 03:46 PM
No issues that I'm aware of hull or deck. I had everything looked at while in the glass shop. I just had it wet sanded. I had glass repair on bow/keel - about a 3 inch place where the glass guy matched color perfect. You can't even tell he repaired it. Also repaired small place on hull/keel towards rear of boat. Glass looks real nice. I just put on new logo & stickers. I take some more pictures this weekend & post them. Painted Trailer is original. Needs a good compond & wax. It has new spare tire.

Bobby

832-256-0421 - Willis, Texas (Lake Conroe - 50 north of Houston)

Bvinc
05-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Engine picture posted

Bvinc
05-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Had someone come by from Dallas & look at boat Friday afternoon & he wants the boat. He understands about the outdrive shifting problem & wants a call if everything checks out OK. Hoping it's just a cable replacement. He used to manage a yacht service & was appreciative of the rating I gave boat (8.5). All of his friends said to expect a 5 or 6. He said it was a least a 8.5 maybe 9. He could tell that I'm having 2nd thoughts on selling boat. I really love the lines but would like a larger boat. I just bought a airdock lift from ED on the site for the classic. Clear title or another boat note?

Bobby

Bvinc
06-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I just talked to prevoius owner of this boat & he was the original owner. He bought it new in 1991. I'm the 2nd owner. I had a mech. over to pull outdrive to replace shift cable & the outdrive has a lock on it. I called & talked to the prevouis owner & he over-nighted lock key to me. I'm also trying to track down mech that did engine work foir this owner (Doctor). The engine has a roller cam that sounds awesome & Victory marine said they did a nice job on the heads & ect.

Should have outdrive cable done Sat. morning 9th.

Bvinc
06-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Mech showed up Sat morning & pulled outdrive back & replace shift cable. The brass collar at the end of the cable had separated back about 1/2'. Once it was replaced everyhting eorked great.

Have buyer that already looked at boat 3 weeks ago, still interested is coming back in town end of the week for a test run.

Thanks for everybodies help.

BVinc

Bvinc
06-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Reduced price, had to pull boat out of the water. Having my boat slips re-configured & don't have room for the 22 Classic. All resonable offers considered.

BVinc

jdurisin
06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Still for sale? I'm willing to make an offer.

Please Contact me
813-299-6751
jdurisin@aaasouth.com

Bvinc
06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I have a person who wants boat. He is sending me a deposit & arranging for transportation. Boat should be gone by weekend. It is gooing back to South Carolina where I bought it from.

BVinc

Bvinc
07-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I sold boat. It was delivered today to S. Carolina. King of weird, that's where I bought boat from last year.

How do I delete my ad here?

New owner had someone transport from here HOuston, Tx to Charleston for 1018.00. I thought that was pretty resonable.

Thanks for everyones help here.

BVinc

Bvinc
07-05-2007, 03:25 PM
22 Classic has been SOLD