PDA

View Full Version : !996 ZX 27 502 Supercharged Info?

Bvinc
04-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Help,
Does anyone know anyhting about this boat for sale on Ebay. It looks real clean. What's a fair price for this boat.
I have a 1990 22 Classic (Teal) King Cobra w/agressive cam - very cean. I am ready to move up to larger boat. Lake Conroe, Tx is like a big Ol washing machine. Scott (harbormaster) @ Victory Marine has my boat in shop now.
Any ideas on what price I should as?

Thanks

Bobby

Last Real Texan
04-30-2007, 07:19 PM
PM big green ZX here on the boards....He has a similar set up albeit a 97 non step.....His boat runs a consistant high 60's and it is set up pretty well. This is what I believe you can expect speed wise on that set up. I know his boat smashes waves and rides exceptionally well....Nice set up but he can elaborate on it better for you about the motor package and what to expect. He however has a few tricks up his sleeve to break the 70 mph barrier....stay tuned
Bryan

The Hedgehog
05-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Drop me a pm with the details. I have a 1997 non-step. I have a good bit of experience with dialing a non-step in. Takes a while as I am not done yet. So far it has been a good fun learning experience. It takes pretty good power to get them to really run. They do handle quite well and will crush waves better than others of the same size. I have been out in some pretty snotty conditions and fared well. The boat is a tank. I went out a few weeks ago during a nice 30 knot day. I was running over 55 is some nasty stuff. It would not have fun to have been in a Velocity or something like that.

Bvinc
05-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Big Green Zx - What do you think would be a good price on the one I am looking at?
Still trying to figure out where my 1990 22 classic should be priced at?

The Hedgehog
05-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Hmm. That depends on a few factors. I am thinking mid to high 20's would be a good deal. It totally depends the engine. I would want to do a leak down and know some more things like time since overhaul. If the roots blown engine is set up right it will be a drive buster on that 6,500 lb boat so you will want to make some allowance for a new XR.

If you are into it, you will want to loose the pedestal seats for bolsters, put in new gauges, hydraulic steering and a few other upgrades.

If you pay the $32 k reserve and lunch an engine or drive then you paid too much.

On the other hand, if it is set up right then you would be hard pressed to find one and set if up well for that much. It looks clean in the pics.

I would like to hear what Tex thinks.

Bvinc
05-03-2007, 08:29 AM
The engine was supposed to be rebuilt 2002 & owner says it probably doesn't hmany hours on it. Drive was replaced 2 years ago. I don't think he is going to move off asking price. I can't see how the back looks. Does it have a builtin swim platform?

The Hedgehog
05-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Yes, it will have a swim platform. It would be good to know who set up the blower. A leakdown test should tell you something. Find out how fast it does on the GPS and you should be able back into back into the HP somewhat. It looks like they spend some money on the engine. You could probably flash the ECU and pending on what type it is you might be able to tell you how hard it has been run. I would probably take a moisture meter to the hull also.

Last Real Texan
05-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Good stuff so far...... About the blower...is it intercooled... how long has it been in service on this motor....is it teflon stripped....how must boost....now more about the drive....standard bravo I assume...so as big Green said a roots will be a drive masher...start putting money up for an xr drive now because you will need it. Now if he had the drive upgraded gear wise to xr gears no problem...but you must check. I am in a similar situation....I have recently added an M-3 procharger to my 500 efi in a 97 twin step 27 ZX....Hoping to break in to the 80's....and am pushing the drive to live....I am going to be easy on it hoping it will live for 2 seasons then put an XR on it, or until it breaks then shell out 4 grand for an XR upper and be done, so budget for it or use this as a bargaining chip with the owner.
Really get some one you trust to check the motor out....and the set up on the boost.....if all checks out , you will really enjoy this set up and the acceleration will be great.....enjoy......but check everything out and do not get emotional on the purchase.The boat is very clean in the photos and for the price if everything checks out it would be on the high side but if it is what you want , close by, and ready to go then that alone is worth a couple grand with summer boating season right around the corner....Good luck with the purchase and enjoy. If you need any other info you can PM me or give me a call 478-737-0003
Bryan
PS on a side note about the moisture meter....Big Green has been through this with the blister thing.....So check it out!

Bvinc
05-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Thats for all of the help. I bid from 22,000 to $27000.00 in about 3 minutes. Someone has automatic bid & seems to want it bad. Boat looks worth it & will probably get reserve. I'll just sit tight on my Classic for now, if it moves I'll start looking again. If any hear about a good deal on 27 to 33 Donzi give me a shout.

Thanks again for the support.

Bobby

The Hedgehog
05-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Will do. They come up every once and a while.