PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm. What am I up to????

harbormaster
04-30-2007, 04:39 PM
A little glimpse...

MOP
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Well I can see you are up to "NO Good"!!! I see a paint scraper hole saw and some Bondo:smash: and then a warm Merc package going in!!! While you are at it change those exhaust tubes way to small for a BB:bonk:

MOP
04-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Finally it will be what it is suppose to be!

Pismo
04-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Installing an Arneson??

BUIZILLA
04-30-2007, 05:30 PM
hopefully not taking a one of one, and making it a one of 2,000

harbormaster
04-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi Jim,
The easiest way I can state this is that I am taking a "one of one" that nobody wants and making it realize its full potential. It was probably pretty cool with the 2 yamaha 200's on it, but the V8 outboard is crap. I do not have 20k+ to put a new outboard motor(s) on a 1983 boat. There is a pretty good reason they made only one.

I originally took the outboard off because the transom was rotted out. When done it will be a boat that My wife and I will enjoy much more then before.
I will also like not having to mix the oil with the gas and buying expensive 2 stroke oil.

It will also be a lot easier to sell if I ever do have a mind to part with it. If it ever becomes worth milliions I can always take it back to what it was. Rest assured I am not burning the documentation.

BUIZILLA
04-30-2007, 06:19 PM
no harm.... I am just a clamp on fan, and this with a 300xs and updated platform bracket seems like the ticket.... I thought Victory had a better inside on clamp on's... ditto thoughts on the V8 too...

JH

BigGrizzly
04-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Scott get it done and have fun again. A one of a kind is only nice if everyone else wants it. Remember the 16 OB cool some people want them others don't care. Point is they didn't sell well either. Do the best you can with whaqt you have and enjoy the boat!

RedDog
04-30-2007, 09:16 PM
turbine power from your NASA connections?

Cuda
04-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Catch 22 and I were just last night saying that you hadn't posted anything in quite a while. Neither of us knew if you still had the OB 22 or not. It's you're boat, do with it what YOU want. Have at it, and best of luck! :)

harbormaster
05-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Sorry for being so unavailable.

I have been buried. I started a massive weight loss/fitness program back in December. I do spinning 4 times a week, 500 crunches everyother day, and am starting kick boxing at night. When I started out I weighed 310lbs. I have lost 55lbs, lost 6 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my neck andhave gone from 3x tshirts to XL. I have gaines 3 inches on my arms and am working on getting my first sixpack abs. I am at the gym at 5am and work out for 2 hours everyday then go straight to work and work till 7pm and then come home and go to bed 2 hrs later. I work on my boat Saturday afternoon after I get off work.

As for power I am using a Gen VI 454 block, 9.5 to 1 SRP pistons. I am shopping for a roller cam, roller lifters, heads, and roller rockers. Anyone have anything knocking around that I might be interested in?
I am go9ng to be running a GM dual Plane intake with a 750-800 Holley carb,

BigGrizzly
05-01-2007, 06:21 PM
This sounds like a good start. As for the exercise I didn't know you have gotten that heavy. Good luck on that too. Health is important, Believe me I know I know about this part!

harbormaster
06-05-2007, 02:09 PM
More photos of the transition.

These are photos of the rotted transom being repaired.

Its interesting to see all the holes that have been filled in over the years with each modification as you strip away each layer of plywood.

More to come.

Jamesbon
06-05-2007, 04:21 PM
That's great news both on yourself and the boat!!

My heart goes out to the poor guy sitting in the bilge.....been there done that....ONCE! He's a real man...no gloves or long sleeves! I hope you're paying him good ;)

Johntrip
06-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I will also like not having to mix the oil with the gas and buying expensive 2 stroke oil.

I just paid 150.00 plus dollars for my syn oil change....(every 50-100 hrs).

Donzi Jenn
06-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Sorry for being so unavailable.
I have been buried. I started a massive weight loss/fitness program back in December. I do spinning 4 times a week, 500 crunches everyother day, and am starting kick boxing at night. When I started out I weighed 310lbs. I have lost 55lbs, lost 6 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my neck andhave gone from 3x tshirts to XL. I have gaines 3 inches on my arms and am working on getting my first sixpack abs. I am at the gym at 5am and work out for 2 hours everyday then go straight to work and work till 7pm and then come home and go to bed 2 hrs later. I work on my boat Saturday afternoon after I get off work.

Congratulations, buddy! Just make sure that you still have enough left of you to hug next time I see you! :bighug:

WingWing
06-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I had heard about this boat, but not seen it until now. I agree, it is your boat and you should be happy, just seems a shame to kill off the only one of its kind when so many other 22's are around to make into a dream boat. Just my opinon (from a historical point of view), but glad you will be happy with your boat.:) In the end, that is what matters since you are the owner. Congratulations on the weight loss too.

harbormaster
06-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Here is where I am so far. This is all creme gelcoat. We created shelves on each side for batteries/trim pumps/etc. I am taking the hatch to my local custom paint dealer to match the blue for the back of the transom. The outside glass of the transom had to be repaired, because the weight of the V-8 outboard/bracket had distorted it.

I also pulled apart the transom assembly, bead blasted everything, and it is now primered and prepped for shiny black concept 9000 eurethane paint.

After the transom is done, Next on the agenda is to raise the X dimension to 16.5 inches, cut the hole for the drive and test fit everything. Once that is don I will pull off the transom assembly and paint the boat transom.

While all this is happening The engine is being assembled and blinged up.

roadtrip se
06-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Looking good Scot.

She going to be ready for PK in September?

MOP
06-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Scott go to 17" that was stock on my Tempest setup and has worked just fine with the diesel X drive and the old Alpha. I bet 1/2" will produce a tad more speed.

Ooops! Almost forgot it is coming along great!!!!
Phil

BERTRAM BOY
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Why not put the X dimension at 14.5 and use a shorty. I can't see how raising the CG is going to help handling.

BigGrizzly
06-21-2007, 07:22 PM
you haven't disappointed me yet. Looks great!!!

Team Jefe
06-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Next on the agenda is to raise the X dimension to 16.5 inches, cut the hole for the drive and test fit everything. .

What do you mean Raise it....this boat has never had an X-dimension to be Raised:lookaroun: