PDA

View Full Version : ladders

Schaf
04-30-2007, 12:32 PM
I need to get a ladder for my 04 22 classic. I want one that can be taken off the boat when it is not in use. I saw a fold up one way back when at lakeside's site but I do not see it anymore. I currently have the rope with a couple plactic ladder steps. It works but its not easy for everyone. Does anyone have any ideas? Also what site should I go to and who should I talk to.. Thanks for your help....

DonziJon
04-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Using the outdrive as a step is a "logical choice". Problem with that....even though it can work...is that One SLIP with a slippery foot on that cavitation plate can end up with a "nasty" slice in the area where the sun don't shine...from the Cleaver. The Donzi Classic is NOT a Ski Boat. John :bonk:

PS: Continue to look for a ladder.

Carl C
04-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Doesn't everyone swims off of their boat? Schaf, I don't think anyone's come up with a perfect solution since your last thread about ladders. Let us know if you solve it. :wink:

yeller
04-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Carl, what's the diameter of your ladder hooks? Are you using a 3 step ladder?

Schaf
05-02-2007, 11:19 AM
its just a stirup ladder. It work but its a pain. Does nayone remember the ladder lakeside offered? Has anyone used it?

TBroccoli
05-02-2007, 12:04 PM
The best ladder I saw for a 22C was one that Rich Rees from Texas had. It was on a yellow 22C. It let you climb into the boat at the bench seat. No more sliding over the engine hatch. The brackets on the deck looked as though you would want to re-inforce them with a backing plate. Rich bought the boat with it already installed and could not tell me how to reach the back side of one of the brackets. Do some ladder searches and I'm sure you will see a pic of his set up.