PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust is finished

undertaker
04-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Went and picked up my boat from Jaime @ Lakeside yesterday afternoon, the exhaust looks VERY VERY nice:yes: :yes: great job Jaime thanks for the extra effort and clean (boat never looked like it was worked on) install....... 2-3 hr. install time Dana advertises is a LITTLE off and the quick & quiet hook up is a whole other story for another thread:boggled: :bonk: :boggled: :bonk:...... anyway took some pics today what ya think???

Undertaker:pimp:

Oh yea the little Donzi sounds a little different also:) :) :) :)

undertaker
04-29-2007, 07:11 PM
:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

undertaker
04-29-2007, 07:14 PM
NEW DANA MARINE TIPS.....:propeller: :propeller:

BGH18
04-29-2007, 07:27 PM
great looking job by Jamie & crew!

undertaker
04-29-2007, 07:31 PM
The hell with Jaime what about the exhaust:) :) :)

Undertaker:boggled: :bonk: :boggled: :propeller: :cool: :pimp: :boat:

BGH18
04-29-2007, 07:39 PM
looks great, just let us know your new top speed vs old one:wink: Just want to know before iI unleash the cash!
Thx Brad

mrfixxall
04-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Looks vary niiiiiiiiiice!!!! God job jamie..

BigGrizzly
04-29-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't want to break the news to you but I see a fingerprint on the number four port runner right at the elbow:wink: Nice job on your part, and /i know that that job isn't easy especially with quick and quiet.

catch 22
04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Undertaker, They really turned out nice. But like Grizz said you need to address that fingerprint.:wink: :)

MOP
04-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Ooops what Q&Q!

The Hedgehog
04-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Hot! Putting my new Dana's in next week. :crossfing: Got the big vortex risers. Hopefully that will be a sign of good things to come.

Cuda
04-29-2007, 10:48 PM
I put the Dana exhaust on the 22, and I had about a quarter inch of clearance between it and the hatch. It might be that the Trs enigines are mounter higher, or the fact that when I had the hole taken out where there was a scoop on this boat when I bought it, at which time they reinforce the hatch, but you can see the black dots on the hatch where the risers must hit the hatch while under way. I can probably shim the hatch some way to give it a little more clearance, or take out a bit of the hatch where it touches.

Donzigo
04-30-2007, 06:20 AM
Jamie, nice job................WOW!

I wish you were closer to Florida..............

Dr. Dan
04-30-2007, 07:10 AM
:smash: Ed these are much better pics than the Sppedwake ones, now we gotta get ya one of them fancy Cowl Covers to finish it off... looks really sharp!

I am sure you will like the sound, and get used to the fingerprint issues, its a common malady with Bling!:beer:

Good Luck next weekend....

Doc of the Bay :spongebob:

LKSD
04-30-2007, 08:24 AM
great looking job by Jamie & crew!

Thanks, I am glad you guys like my work.... :) Jamie / Lakeside

roadtrip se
04-30-2007, 09:08 AM
I am partial to the straight tip, no flapper look on the transom too.

As for the finger prints, I am still trying to get a certain "Blanchard Machinery" sticker off the rocker cover on the 500. You just never what you will find, when you let these folks get around your stuff.

LKSD
04-30-2007, 09:39 AM
I will post a clip of it running later tonite. :eek!: Jamie

BigGrizzly
04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Just like Jamie he holds on to the good stuff until the last moment-more news at eleven

zimm17
04-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Looks great! Welcome to the dana exhaust club.

Keep a spare set of gaskets handy so you don't have to wait a week to get them in the mail the next time you have take them off...

undertaker
04-30-2007, 01:35 PM
looks great, just let us know your new top speed vs old one:wink: Just want to know before iI unleash the cash!
Thx Brad

Should be splashing boat this weekend will keep ya posted:)

undertaker
04-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't want to break the news to you but I see a fingerprint on the number four port runner right at the elbow:wink: Nice job on your part, and /i know that that job isn't easy especially with quick and quiet.

:) :) :) :) :) ....see ya in Kentucky

undertaker
04-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Who's "Jaime"???

Some DORK who lives in the Northern part of PA.....he sometimes goes by the name JW:) :) :) :) :propeller: :propeller:

undertaker
04-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Undertaker, They really turned out nice. But like Grizz said you need to address that fingerprint.:wink: :)

Thanks Catch....I am on top of the fingerprint issue:wink: :wink:

Undertaker

undertaker
04-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Hey, aren't you supposed to out scrounging up a new prop?? :smash: :smash:

Maybe I can find a couple in Kentucky in a few weeks:wink: :wink:

undertaker
04-30-2007, 01:51 PM
I am partial to the straight tip, no flapper look on the transom too.
As for the finger prints, I am still trying to get a certain "Blanchard Machinery" sticker off the rocker cover on the 500. You just never what you will find, when you let these folks get around your stuff.

Thanks Todd.....:) :) the tips IMO look A LOT better than the factory ones.

Undertaker:cool:

LKSD
05-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I will post a clip of it running later tonite. :eek!: Jamie

Sorry Jay will get the clips up:lookaroun: tonite. He had to come home and play nurse for me yesterday. I got suddenly ill. Donzi Kristin

undertaker
05-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I can not believe taking care of you is MORE important than a video of my new exhaust....what the hell is the world coming to:) :) :)

PS. I am just kidding........relax..........only kidding:) :)

LKSD
05-01-2007, 11:36 AM
I can not believe taking care of you is MORE important than a video of my new exhaust....what the hell is the world coming to:) :) :)
PS. I am just kidding........relax..........only kidding:) :)

Cute Ed. LOL Believe me,Jay was not thrilled running around to the pharmacies all nite for me. His bedside manner is not the greatest. Of course it is a differnent story when the shoe is on the other foot and he is not feeling well. That is why us woman have the babies.:eek!: Krisitn:eek!:

gold-n-rod
05-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Of course it is a differnent story when the shoe is on the other foot. That is why us woman have the babies.

What's shoes and feet got to do with having babies. I thought the man and the woman....... oh never mind. :bonk: Far be it for me to try and out think a woman.

What you should be doing is feeling better so that the two of you can take that new boat out for a spin. :boat:

LKSD
05-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Far be it for me to try and out think a woman.

I like the way you think. You are a very wise man.:propeller: LOL Kristin

gold-n-rod
05-01-2007, 02:14 PM
I like the way you think. You are a very wise man.:propeller: LOL Kristin

Hey, this coming August, my wife and I celebrate 25 years of marriage. So, in effect, she's had plenty of time to beat this wisdom into my head. :bonk:

RickSE
05-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Undertaker,
I don't mean to be critical but according to MYCO, your boat is sitting too far back on the trailer. I just went through this when I had my boat in FL. I stopped at MYCO and asked them to look at the position of my boat on the trailer. They said they set up the 22's so the plane of the transom is sitting directly over the back riser supports for the bunks. This positions the transom about 3-4 inches up from the end of the bunks.

My bow support kept sliding back, moving the boat back so I welded a tab on the trailer to keep it from sliding.

Also, when you move the boat forward the rear tie downs will not touch the transom anymore.

undertaker
05-01-2007, 07:48 PM
My boat was set up on the trailer @ Typhoon Performance Marine when I bought it. I always thought that the transom should be even with the bunks (as long as you have enough tongue weight) mine is very close to even maybe 1/2 inch back at most (never really measured it). I seem to have just the right amount of tongue weight..it trailers straight as a arrow even at 80mph:) :) . If I move the boat front on the trailer might I have to much tongue weight???just curious, I know it is only 3-4 inches but every little bit counts.

I know you got your info from MYCO but I would be curious to see how Need for Speed & Roadtrip have there boats set up on there MYCOS.

I will be calling MYCO tommorrow to order a new RED LED marker light mine seems to be NOT working:boggled: I will ask Bill Tweedy about my setup and see what kind of answer he gives me compared to you...thanks for the heads up I will be checking it out....:) :)

Undertaker

LKSD
05-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Enough of the Chit chat.. Time for some noise... :yes: :eek!: :bonk: ...

Here is a clip of the Dana exhaust we installed on Undertaker's boat:

Undertaker's new Dana Exhaust running on the hose(click here) (http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/common/my-clips/dana0522c4-07.wmv)

:) Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

undertaker
05-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Nice!!!!!!!!:)

RickSE
05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
The trick with the steel MYCO's is that the bunks are not even in the back, the outer bunks stop short of the inner bunks. If you pull the boat up even with the inner bunks then the outer bunks don't support the entire bottom of the boat. In my opinion you should at least pull it up even with the end of the outer bunks which puts the boat 1-2" up on the inner bunks. Mr. X put my boat back on the trailer in FL and I noticed he pulled the boat all the way up to the rear riser supports without me asking. I pulled it all the way back from FL like this with no issues on how it towed, but then I had a 1-ton so tongue weight was not an issue.

Nice exhaust BTW.

roadtrip se
05-02-2007, 01:59 PM
is set up like Rick is describing. The straps do not touch the transom, which is nice.

UT, you are welcome to take a look at it at AOTH.

The only complaint I have about where the boat sits on the trailer is that the shortie trys to rest on the middle marker light knocking it out in storage.
Different issue, but I just put a board in front of before I lower the drive for storage.

Tows like a dream.

undertaker
05-02-2007, 04:03 PM
The trick with the steel MYCO's is that the bunks are not even in the back, the outer bunks stop short of the inner bunks. If you pull the boat up even with the inner bunks then the outer bunks don't support the entire bottom of the boat. In my opinion you should at least pull it up even with the end of the outer bunks which puts the boat 1-2" up on the inner bunks. Mr. X put my boat back on the trailer in FL and I noticed he pulled the boat all the way up to the rear riser supports without me asking. I pulled it all the way back from FL like this with no issues on how it towed, but then I had a 1-ton so tongue weight was not an issue.
Nice exhaust BTW.

Rick thanks for the info, looks like Roadtrips trailer is set up the same way, looks like I will be moving the boat forward some. Thanks again.. I hope I did not damage my bottom, I think I should be OK because I am not that far off the bunks....thanks again..

undertaker
05-02-2007, 04:06 PM
is set up like Rick is describing. The straps do not touch the transom, which is nice.
UT, you are welcome to take a look at it at AOTH.
The only complaint I have about where the boat sits on the trailer is that the shortie trys to rest on the middle marker light knocking it out in storage.
Different issue, but I just put a board in front of before I lower the drive for storage.
Tows like a dream.

Todd thanks for the info I am going to move the boat forward some, see you at AOTH...

need for speed
05-02-2007, 05:13 PM
My hooks go strait down to the trailer, they touch the back of the boat just a little..

undertaker
05-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Charles looks like you are even with the bunks...I WILL be moving mine forward for sure.......thanks everyone..:)

RickSE
05-02-2007, 11:33 PM
I hope I did not damage my bottom, I think I should be OK because I am not that far off the bunks....thanks again..

When I first picked mine up from the other dealer it was sitting a lot further back then yours and probably had been sitting like that for a year or so. We immediately moved it forward. I'm sure your bottom is fine. Sorry for misdirecting your post. :wink:

Johntrip
05-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Ed.......She sounds awesome BUT..., whatta bout the performance ???

undertaker
05-03-2007, 11:08 AM
When I first picked mine up from the other dealer it was sitting a lot further back then yours and probably had been sitting like that for a year or so. We immediately moved it forward. I'm sure your bottom is fine. Sorry for misdirecting your post. :wink:

Rick no problem I appreciate the info...:) :) I plan on moving the boat forward on Friday, schedule prohibits me from doing it today.. Thanks again....

undertaker
05-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Ed.......She sounds awesome BUT..., whatta bout the performance ???

Thanks John...if everything behaves I plan on splashing on Saturday I had a schedule conflict with Saturday but have worked it out.....so Saturday will be the day...:) :) :) :)

Doc I will be given you a call today maybe we can run together.

Undertaker:)

Johntrip
05-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Well lets see.... it took me 24 hrs last time so if I leave now I'll be there in time for Friday happy hour on that little party street down the road from Jackson's....... I'll see-ya Saturday.!!

undertaker
05-03-2007, 01:28 PM
:) :) :) Cool see ya on Saturday....we can hit the party street and Cheaspeake Inn...:wink: :wink: :wink: ....we are coming to Miami one of the days would like to check out the scene down there for sure:eek!: :eek!:

Undertaker :pimp:

undertaker
05-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Just got 5 minutes to measure how much the transom is hanging over the bunks...on outside bunks transom is hanging 2 inches over, the inside bunks 1 1/4" over, looks like I will be moving forward 2 inches making it even with the outside bunks. :) :)

LKSD
05-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Yes moving forward a little may not be a bad idea.. The most important thing is that the bunks fully support to the furthest rearward point on the transom. This is important to the hull so that it doesnt have any extra chances to distort over long periods. It can be important to the trailer for ensuring proper tounge weight.. Your tounge weight felt good. Moving the boat so that the bunks actually extend past the transom mainly load the trailers supports a little differently & allow for possibly less flexing on the bunk for certain hulls.. I dont think short term it makes a lot of differenceif it is off by a little, but in the long run full support is better..

My boat when I got it though was way to far forward loading the tounge too much & also improperly supporting the hull, which If I let it go could have caused issues for the trailing ends of my steps on the hull.. :(.. Now it fits quite well.. With the bunks sticking out in the back a little.. :)

Again most important 2 things though are to have the bunks go at least all the way to the back of the boat & to have adequate tounge weight.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside

undertaker
05-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Well I finally got to splash the boat today, Dr. Dan and myself splashed VERY early about 8:45 AM on the Northeast River in Maryland.......to make a long story short boat runs a lot stronger with the new exhaust could not wind her out because I was all over the rev limiter with a little more throttle left:) :) need to get me a new prop:) :).....will be updating once new prop arrives.

Doc did say my boat sounds like a totally different boat than before...stay tuned:) :) :)

PS Roadtrip that STOCK blue pill ran like a scalded dog today ya might want to get those valves freashen up before Lake George.........:) :) :) :bonk: :boggled: :propeller: :eek!: :pimp: :yes: :cool:

Dr. Dan
05-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Well I finally got to splash the boat today, Dr. Dan and myself splashed VERY early about 8:45 AM on the Northeast River in Maryland.......to make a long story short boat runs a lot stronger with the new exhaust could not wind her out because I was all over the rev limiter with a little more throttle left:) :) need to get me a new prop:) :).....will be updating once new prop arrives.
Doc did say my boat sounds like a totally different boat than before...stay tuned:) :) :)
PS Roadtrip that STOCK blue pill ran like a scalded dog today ya might want to get those valves freashen up before Lake George.........:) :) :) :bonk: :boggled: :propeller: :eek!: :pimp: :yes: :cool:

:bonk: Yep...the Undertaker is going to have to change his name to the "Overtaker" , it sounded noticeably more radical... can't wait to run with it and the new prop.

:smash: And yes... for the first run out... Liz and I and a full tank of fuel, draggin the Tabs at the number 3 Setting which is Neutral Setting or Parallel to the running surface ...and with the Drive not overtrimmed...we clicked the Big 80 with no problem.... I am pretty sure I am going to invest in some goggles....my eyes were tearing up pretty bad.... gotta love the Bay when no one else is on it... kinda makes ya feel selfish...

I am sure Ed will realize a performance increase... the new prop will make a difference.

Good Luck on the Trip to Kentucky

Doc of Shake Down Runs :spongebob:

RickSE
05-06-2007, 11:48 PM
undertaker,
I'm assuming your boat had baffled Corsa tips before??

LKSD
05-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Ed,
Good talking with you over the weekend.. I thing you will probably be happy with a 27p 3 blade prop.. Im glad to hear you are happy with the power increase from the exhaust we installed.. :) You will need that external steering we talked about if ya start going with some of those other mods we talked about for next winter.. :) You will have to refer to your boat as the "Red Rocket"..

Rick, yes he did have Corsa baffled tips before...

Jamie / Lakeside

undertaker
05-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Well, got to test the new prop today got me a 26P TXP prop...three people on board, full of fuel and ran all six passes at 75MPH GPS and STILL on the rev limiter not real hard but on it:) I think I need a 27 TXP (yes they do make one Doc:) :)

FYI I love this TXP prop very very stable no chine walking etc. and that is with FULL FULL trim and tabs up, prop seems to hook up better than my 25P Turbo motor pull nicely all the way up to the limiter...so without trying the 27P I think the exhaust upgrade will net me about 2 maybe 4 mph more with alot of bling and a cooler sounding boat:) :). Next up is hydraulic steering once I get the prop dialed in... Hopefully once I get prop dialed in I should have a consistent 75-76 MPH 496HO boat...and by myself with three gallons of fuel left with a tail wind on an outgoing tide I might even see 78 ONCE:bonk: :bonk:

Johntrip
05-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Sounds good.... I will probably do the same w/ a pair of stainless marine kits. :wink:

Dr. Dan
05-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Well, got to test the new prop today got me a 26P TXP prop...three people on board, full of fuel and ran all six passes at 75MPH GPS and STILL on the rev limiter not real hard but on it:) I think I need a 27 TXP (yes they do make one Doc:) :)
FYI I love this TXP prop very very stable no chine walking etc. and that is with FULL FULL trim and tabs up, prop seems to hook up better than my 25P Turbo motor pull nicely all the way up to the limiter...so without trying the 27P I think the exhaust upgrade will net me about 2 maybe 4 mph more with alot of bling and a cooler sounding boat:) :). Next up is hydraulic steering once I get the prop dialed in... Hopefully once I get prop dialed in I should have a consistent 75-76 MPH 496HO boat...and by myself with three gallons of fuel left with a tail wind on an outgoing tide I might even see 78 ONCE:bonk: :bonk:

:smash: Very Cool, yep after talking with Rooster Boy he informed me about the many pitches available ..apparently it was only in the one "Series" of prop that they discontinued them. Maybe you could try one of the 4 Bladed TXP's if Griz brings any to Cumberland?

Now if I can convince "The Big Blue Truck" to give me a deal on my regular 27 Pitch Turbo in Trade towards a TXP Version... I might consider going taller... my arsenal of Props is getting pretty big in the last 2 years!

Good Luck next week Eddie! Safe Trip!

Doc :bonk:

BigGrizzly
05-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Doc I gave poodle my 27 Turbo I. What size TXP do you Want to try. I have all 3 blades up to 30 pitch and 4 blades up to 29. A Fusion is a 4 blade TXP actually. Let me Know SOON. leaving for Cumberland Wednesday AM. I'll let Catch tell you how the Fusion handles. Every body likes that prop.

undertaker
05-13-2007, 03:11 PM
:smash: Very Cool, yep after talking with Rooster Boy he informed me about the many pitches available ..apparently it was only in the one "Series" of prop that they discontinued them. Maybe you could try one of the 4 Bladed TXP's if Griz brings any to Cumberland?
Now if I can convince "The Big Blue Truck" to give me a deal on my regular 27 Pitch Turbo in Trade towards a TXP Version... I might consider going taller... my arsenal of Props is getting pretty big in the last 2 years!
Good Luck next week Eddie! Safe Trip!
Doc :bonk:

Doc, thanks we will be running a 27P TXP at Cumberland "The Big Blue Truck" and will be trying a 4 blade as well......wish you were making the trip with us..oh well there is always next year:) :)

Dr. Dan
05-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Doc I gave poodle my 27 Turbo I. What size TXP do you Want to try. I have all 3 blades up to 30 pitch and 4 blades up to 29. A Fusion is a 4 blade TXP actually. Let me Know SOON. leaving for Cumberland Wednesday AM. I'll let Catch tell you how the Fusion handles. Every body likes that prop.

:bonk: Well Griz... I am running a 26 TXP Now... at 4900 - 5000 rpm I am at 80mph even, at 3600 I am at 60 mph...remember I am running a 1:43 King Cobra. I guess I would like to see the results of a 27 3 Blade TXP with the Flo Torque Hub would do? And on a 4 blade... which I have never run... I am guessing a 24 to 25 pitch? If you wanted to send any back with Undertaker...I can return them to you in Lake George after I test them.... or buy one if its incredible?

Otherwise I could try them when I see u in LG.

Good Luck this week guys safe running and safe driving!

Doc :smash:

BigGrizzly
05-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Dan this is do able. I will miss you at Cumberland. I am going to cash in my Sarasota winnings when I see you. Wind shirts are nice. So I take it, I need to take care of undie while at Cumberland. Not a problem it is on the agenda. Only problem is the 4 blades I have are tlocks. we can work that out too