PDA

View Full Version : long hub

margo
04-28-2007, 10:18 AM
I,m looking for a long hub setup for my 250 volvo..New ssprop on the way from grizz...Any help on where to purchase would be helpful thanks Joe

penbroke
04-28-2007, 06:07 PM
In Stock.. 42ish bucks & UPS to ya...

What exactly would be included with that?

Frank :lookaroun:

margo
04-28-2007, 06:30 PM
In Stock.. 42ish bucks & UPS to ya...
Let me know how to order and what comes with it....Grizz says there are two pieces....I,m not famalier with the setup but would like to find out Thanks Joe

BigGrizzly
04-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Pembroke please post the pictures again or give the link.

BigGrizzly
04-28-2007, 07:45 PM
You are correct, but I don't use the plastic either, they split.

penbroke
04-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Pembroke please post the pictures again or give the link.
This (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44799) is probably what you are thinking of...

MP: I know what is required. I was just wondering what you were including. I could use an assortment of spacers. I think if I could get the prop just a bit closer for less drag...

Frank

penbroke
04-28-2007, 09:23 PM
If you were bringing that boat I'd have to go just to steal the prop and cone. :biggrin.: I have 2 Ultras. One has been re-hubbed and needs a longer spacer than the other. I think I need to make up a bunch of spacers in 1/16" increments to play with. Has anybody tried a cone that matched the hub diameter better?

Still don't know about LG. With no reverse I tend to avoid close quarters situations. I may go down Sun. for the lake tour and to watch the 22s strech out... Too many irons in the fire to commit that far ahead.

Frank

penbroke
04-28-2007, 09:54 PM
I have ZERO issues with manuvering/docking/trailering etc. I use an old oar from my first boat. The added length helps. Do it all the time in all kinds of weather. No problem. It's the other folks in the shiney expensive boats I worry about. They tend to get a bit excited when I pop it into neutral and run out and sit on the bow with my feet out, in my old, faded and decidedly not shiney boat...

Oh, and LG is down from here.:eek!: If you guys run out of room I know where there is 120 miles of open water with no speed limits... :wink::yes:

Frank

BigGrizzly
04-29-2007, 10:24 AM
BTW I did the spacer cut down thing and found it doesn't make any difference except for looks on the trailer. When talking to The Solas engineere wh did the props. He said the water over the hub misses that gal by 2 or 3 decimeters. That means the water doesn't care. Boy was i tired of changing spacers that day. Then to add insult to injury I knocked the box overboard and lost the two short ones. The best thing about Poodles prop is it could be one of the only ones around. BTW Louis Posner remembers the 4 blade ultra, he said he remembers a twin with left and right rotation when he worked for Volvo. So the did make them.

margo
04-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Thank for all the imfo. and pics they clear it up pretty good....Still didn,t tell me where to order the part....Joe

Tony
04-29-2007, 08:12 PM
I made up several spacers (thrust washers) when I had my '67 Ski Sporter. They definitely came in handy, because different props seemed to require different thicknesses.

Be careful, one year I had clearance on the trailer, but after running I discovered I had scored the screw heads almost all the way off my zinc ring! My theory is that even though I had clearance spinning the prop by hand, the thrust of running compressed something enough to do this.

So, don't cut your spacer clearance too close, or you may find yourself on your stomach on the dock, with helpers sitting on the bow to raise the drive out of the water, and trying to remedy an awkward situation over 150' of Lake Cumberland water!

:beer: