PDA

View Full Version : lets talk about this one last time

tiger lily
04-27-2007, 12:07 AM
well heres my question, and ive asked similar before, sorry for the repeat but im just trying to field out Alot of future options,, ok, my seard for a volvo e-drive is pretty much over, havent found one in awhile, so im wondering if anyone knows of a kit that will mate a ford small block to a bravo drive? i think they can be bolted up to a omc cobra right? what about a small block to a king cobra? i am pretty much set on keeping the boat ford powered and i dont think that will change for awhile, but im trying to field all possible outdrive options here, so toss all opionins and lets see what we can come up with, im open for any option..

matt

Rootsy
04-27-2007, 06:17 AM
you will need to find yourself an 888 merc bellhousing and use an alpha coupler. Or modify a volvo or omc ford bellhousing...

Plus find a bravo transom assy, trim rams, trim pump, trim switch setup w/ harness, trim gauge if desired. Gonna have to add a P/S pump, cooler and lines to the engine if you want P/S. I reckon a new steering cable will also be in order. Not sure if you need to plug the volvo hole and recut for the merc or if the volvo is small enough to just open it up for the merc. JUst off the top of my head... I'd plan on spending about $4000 - $7000 to do this little swaparoo... depends on what kind of deals you find on parts...