PDA

View Full Version : custom fit covers

sctiberio
04-26-2007, 12:25 PM
I need a new cover for my '91 Sweet 16. I can find one on line that is "semi-custom", but I would like to replace with an exact fit if possible. Does anybody know a canvas may who might have a templet or who does donzi's on a regular basis? I'm in the Phiadelphia area.

Thanks

Newby
04-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I do not know of anyone with a template, but I was happy with a cover for my 1990 16 purchased through Overton's. I could send you some photos if you like.

Johntrip
04-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Anyone in the canvas business should be able to come out and take a couple measurements and give you a price on a custom fit cover. If their busy you may have to take the boat to them but check around in your area and see whos the most reputable.... Also, specify a certain canvas. Some are better than others. Sunbrella is a good choice!:wink:

justleft
04-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Check with Bob at BiltRite, he may have the pattern

BiltRiteUph@aol.com
540 - 981 - 1711

Recently got a carpet for my 22c from him. VERY nice !!!

BigGrizzly
04-26-2007, 03:59 PM
The original cockpit cover was vinyl and covered. The factory cover in the early years was a cheap full canvas cover the Overtons unit is much better. We nevered used it except for over the winter to keep bird chit and dust off in the covered storage.

sctiberio
04-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks All. I Still Have The Original Cockpit Cover And It's In Excelent Shape. I Just Need A Storage Cover To Keep The Bird Droppings Off Of It, Etc. I Will Explore Some Of The Possibilities You've Suggested