PDA

View Full Version : Best source for Mercruiser Parts

Ranman
04-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Anyone have a good source for Merc parts?

Stem to Stern - seems to have good prices, but requires a $10.00 membership (no big deal)

mercruiserparts.com

Poodle - How quick can you ship?

Any others?

ThunderMarineDave
04-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I have a good stock of parts (we are the 11th largest boat dealer in US, authorized for Merc, Volvo and Yamaha), and being in Florida my supply chain is strong, so if I don't have it I can normally get it next day.

We do mail order daily (both UPS and FedEx pickup at 4pm) - if you call me by 3pm East Coast, I can ship same day.

Also, if you are going to buy parts on a regular basis, I will send you a copy of the Mercury Electronics Parts catalog, so you can pull your own part numbers and have exploded diagrams.

-David
THUNDER MARINE
800-984-3098
727-501-3183

Rootsy
04-26-2007, 10:41 AM
my vote is for Baxter... he's always taken good care of my mercruiser parts needs...

penbroke
04-26-2007, 10:58 AM
MadPoodle Marine Supply. :yes:

Frank

DonCig
04-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Take your time in reveiwing each vendors written or implied return policy carefully. You will be greatly surprised what you find hidden under the covers with some of these guys. I have ordered parts from a majority of the listed entities; some successfully, some unsuccesfully. Buyer beware is still a good operating policy.

Don

Rootsy
04-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Return policy:
If you requested the wrong parts, you pay the frt involved in returning it and/or getting you the correct one... If I gave you the wrong parts, I pay the frt both ways.. If in midstream you cancel a special order, you pay for freight, and for whatever parts are NOT returnable to the vendor, and the vendors restocking charges on the balance.. Pretty simple.... But then again, I'm a simple guy :) :)

how about bookkeeping fees? :lookaroun:

DonCig
04-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Return policy:
If you requested the wrong parts, you pay the frt involved in returning it and/or getting you the correct one... If I gave you the wrong parts, I pay the frt both ways.. If in midstream you cancel a special order, you pay for freight, and for whatever parts are NOT returnable to the vendor, and the vendors restocking charges on the balance.. Pretty simple.... But then again, I'm a simple guy :) :)

The "Simple Guys" return policy is the Best In the Business; by a long shot I might add.
Some of the other sellers want a 25% restocking fee and absolutely No Returns after 30 days; even if you can not get your engine built in under 30 days time. And if the part came to you LOOSE in the box and not in a proper Merc. plastic numbered bag, no returns allowed from most of the parts sellers. I have had this twice happen to me from the "Big" Florida parts house. The last time I reaised such a noise that they relented. I no longer use this source for parts.I have used the membership fee supplier; but I have tried for over a week to get somebody to answer their telephone line. Not acceptable in my book.

In other words, simple can be very good for you.

Don

LKSD
04-27-2007, 12:30 AM
We have them online & we are also a site supporter! :D Jamie / lakeside

www.LakesideRestorations.com

You can use our online microfiche to order them. One other bonus is that our online Merc parts are discounted & there is NO membership fees fo using my site.. :) J