PDA

View Full Version : Towing a 25' Ragazza

willie d
04-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Hey, I just got a 25' ragazza and the boat looks pretty big behind my Yukon. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has had any trouble pulling a boat this size out of the water with a 1/2 ton 2-wheel drive truck?

zelatore
04-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey, I just got a 25' ragazza and the boat looks pretty big behind my Yukon. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has had any trouble pulling a boat this size out of the water with a 1/2 ton 2-wheel drive truck?

Depends on the ramp.

With my old '93 Lightning I had no problem pulling boats up to 28' out of the water at good ramps. The same holds true with my current Dodge 1500/2wd. But put it on a slick ramp and even a 20 footer could be touble. Both had LSD's, and neither was 4wd.

My favorite ramp, at least as far was traction, is a little place here in the delta that has expanded metel lath screwed into the concrete. You DO NOT spin on that stuff!

Don

zelatore
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
BTW, I don't know the weight on that boat but anything 25' has to be pushing it for a 1/2 ton. I've towed some pretty good size boats with 1/2 ton trucks, but not often and not far. I know a lot of manufactures are claiming 8, 9, even 10,000 lbs towing with 1/2 tons, but I think this is pretty much BS; just advertising one-upmanship. Even if you truck CAN do it, that dones't mean it SHOULD do it. You'd be a lot more comforable with a 3/4 ton if you're going to do any serious towing.

I'm a Ford guy, but I always talk back to the TV when the Mike Rowe F150 comercial comes on about towing 11,000 lbs. Sorry Mike, love your show but if I'm going to tow that kind of weight I'm not doing it with a 1/2 ton!

Don