PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Now Says My Boat Must Go Back To K&M

Carl C
04-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I'd already made an appointment with another shop but now they say I must take my boat back to the shop that charged thousands of $ for parts that were not replaced and hacked up my boat. I'll take it in at 10:00 AM tomorrow and I insisted that an insurance rep meet me there to discuss the issues together with the service manager. Should I go along with this or insist on taking it elsewhere?:confused: :(

MOP
04-24-2007, 12:25 PM
They may have had a heart to heart talk to avoid legal, I have a hunch Progressive will make sure things go well, going legal costs both sides but also the shop does not need trouble with the state and the BBB.

Phil

Carl C
04-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I can prove beyond a doubt that the prop shaft is my original but how can I prove that the trim rams were not replaced besides the fact that the paint is chipped up and one is leaking? I will post pics later. I'm trying to find some "before" pics in my recycle bin. I think a new prop shaft, trim cylinders and the chipped engine hatch will get me where I need to be. Gary is a slick one though and I need to be prepared.

Carl C
04-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey Mop or anyone, would the lines on these rams indicate that they are not new even though they've been cycled a few times? Does a new trim cyld ram have a perfect chrome-like finish? I can't find any "before" pics to compare. Thanks, I appreciate the help.

realbold
04-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I think the leak says it all!

Rootsy
04-24-2007, 02:24 PM
The trim cylinder rams are chromed then ground... they will not look glassy like a car bumper or anything...

MOP
04-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Carl my rams are three seasons old and look better, when new the surface does not have any streaking from being run in and out. Like we all say they have some time on them, they very well could be your old ones but NOT new!

Phil

A-P.S. You have to follow the Ins. lead or then they can give you a hard time.

Carl C
04-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Carl my rams are three seasons old and look better, when new the surface does not have any streaking from being run in and out. Like we all say they have some time on them, they very well could be your old ones but NOT new!
Phil
A-P.S. You have to follow the Ins. lead or then they can give you a hard time. Thanks buddy, and thanks to all. I will be as co-operative as I can but it is they who are lying and causing the problems. I just want to get on the water. One other thought that crossed my mind is that maybe they created this invoice to keep me happy but billed Progressive for the actual work and parts. I did have some early issues with them wanting to pinch pennies and this order to return to K&M came from my adjuster's superiors. Anyway, wish me luck!:crossfing: BTW, the leak seems to be from the line, not the seal, but the line is tight.:boggled:

Barry Eller
04-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Carl, I wish they would "Total Loss" your boat and buy you a Shelby GT for all the B S you have had to suffer through.

Yippy-Kai-Yay MF's:kaioken:

Carl C
04-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Carl, I wish they would "Total Loss" your boat and buy you a Shelby GT for all the B S you have had to suffer through.
Yippy-Kai-Yay MF's:kaioken: :rlol: Thanks. I'll post an update tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well.

Carl C
04-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Carl, you are entitled to see a copy of the final check to the shop I believe.. I'll find out. The invoice doesn't add up either. The total is a couple thou short. It'd be interesting if Progressive were in on this.:lightning

need for speed
04-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Good luck,,, I would be so MAD :( GIVE them hell~

Dr. Dan
04-24-2007, 07:57 PM
:spongebob: Ya know it dawned on me in the middle of some protracted Bowel Movement that this really stinks?

I mean WTF? Maybe I could encourage our one Board Member to maybe have his friends, pay these guys a visit.... I am guessing that the boat would not only be fixed quickly and correctly....but that there would be little evidence left to even worry about a bill or invoice......

Hmmmm maybe ... then again.... I don't know a thing..... no really, I didn't see anything.... "Bent Prop Shaft-Hell Yeah, we thought that was a suppository.... " :wavey:

Good Luck Carl!

Doc of Proctalogical Insurance Settlements :beer:

BaldEagle
04-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Carl, they cant show you the old parts?

Sweet little 16
04-25-2007, 06:45 AM
ask for the name of the adjuster's superior let him know you are not going to take any crap this time , let him the adjuster know that if this is not done correctly and quickly this time, you will be finding another carrier and that this hole incident will be documented and sent to apporiate state agency and the BBB let him know that you will be notifying his boss and want daily updates basically set a fire under his butt

Carl C
04-25-2007, 07:06 AM
ask for the name of the adjuster's superior let him know you are not going to take any crap this time , let him the adjuster know that if this is not done correctly and quickly this time, you will be finding another carrier and that this hole incident will be documented and sent to apporiate state agency and the BBB let him know that you will be notifying his boss and want daily updates basically set a fire under his butt Good advice, but I must be tactful at this time. The first thing I will ask for is to see the invoice billed to Progressive and a copy of the check cut to K&M. I presently have 3 cars and the boat insured with Progressive and they will lose all of them if they instigated this scam and do not rectify it promptly. I am heading to the shop in about an hour. If all I get is BS and the runaround then I will bring the boat home, take it to another shop for evaluation and pay for the repairs. I just want to go boating. I'll know more in a couple hours. Hopefully the insurer did pay for these parts and will back me up in insisting that the new parts that they paid for are installed. I wil ask for the old parts also.:crossfing: :crossfing: :crossfing:

Formula Jr
04-25-2007, 08:15 AM
I wonder if the shop is also insured thru the same carrier?

Carl, saying you will drop your insurance company if they don't do well, means precisely nothing. Insurance companies are not required to renew your coverage. They are obligated to address claims within the coverage period. And have to address that claim till you sign off or a court decides that your claim has been satified. The small print might even say the Arbitration word. Don't be surprised if you get a strangely worded letter a few weeks before your payment for a new coverage period is due.

You have to be very careful here. And if you do take it back, get in writting a waver of any mechanic's lien just to be safe.

BigGrizzly
04-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Carl, Tack is the key, I can tell you from the CR point of view,we at Honda have been trained. If a customer threatens to get a new vendor(other companies product) the adjuster will probably put your priority at the bottom. Plus he knows that it will cost you more with another company. He is an adjuster not your agent so he doesn't get the commission $. Your on the home stretch, don't screw up now. Everything is in print now. A lawyer will just prolong this out come If you push too hard and don't let these guys work it out they can stop and tell you to come get your boat until the courts decide or worse charge you storage. These comments aren't just for you Carl but everyone reading this. the other part is you can't use your boat. If you do the courts could say the problem is fixed to your expectations. the squeaky wheel gets the most grease at first then they replace the wheel--get the idea.

Cuda
04-25-2007, 08:39 AM
I doubt very seriously if Progressive is in on the scam, they are a billion dollar company, that surely wouldn't try to cheat someone out of a couple thousand bucks. Insurance commisioners would be all over them. They are probably being scammed as well.

Best of luck.

Cuda
04-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Carl, they cant show you the old parts?
Exactly! Everytime I take something to get fixed, they always show me the old parts, even though I don't ask to see them.

Here are some of the parts from my Merc transmission rebuild.

BigGrizzly
04-25-2007, 08:59 AM
In almost all the states it is the law! The excuse we disposed of them isn't a option... However in 3 states that I know of there is a paragraph above where you sign that states that if parts are not requested they will be disposed of. So always ask for the parts prior to the repair.

Carl C
04-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Things did not go well at all today. I can't possibly relate everything that went down but the ins rep and the service manager, Gary, were teamed up against me. The parts they showed me were a joke. A prop shaft with the number clearly stamped in a different position, corroded, seized trim rams and no trailer coupler. They were very belligerent and it was only due to my keeping a cool head that we were able to come up with an agreement. They were also dead set against showing me a copy of the insurance check. They finally agreed to replace the prop shaft, trim rams and trailer coupler. The only thing they admitted fault on was the trailer coupler. I am very, very disappointed in the way I've been treated and very very bummed out. I will take care of the other things myself. Unfortunately I just renewed my boat policy but when my 3 cars come up for renewal in 3 months they will go elsewhere. The boat will go elsewhere as soon as possible. For you folks going with Progressive Insurance to save a few bucks, I really hope you never have to make a claim.

RickSE
04-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Carl, check with ANPAC (http://www.anpac.com/default.aspx) . I had their coverage on my 22 up until last year and may switch back now after hearing your story. They are very competitive and at the time were only $100/yr more then Progressive. I also have three classic cars covered through ANPAC but have never had to file a claim with them. I also have a local agent with ANPAC.

If you still have possession of your boat put a distinctive mark on every part they are to replace then check for your marks when you get it back.

Good luck man.

Carl C
04-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Will do. I'm sitting here right now getting quotes. I put Progressive's check in the snail mail monday so may be able to stop payment. They already have my boat.

TheFees
04-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Carl,
Hi It's Bob. I had a body shop for 20 years, did a lot of high end cars. Settled ins claims on a daily basis. I should go through the entire thread. I read the beginning before, and went to the last page here today. Anyhow, seems like a lot of people are already steering you in the right direction. I thought I would add my 2 cents. Somethings to consider.
I had a drive in claims service from a major insurer use my shops office as their drive in claim service. They finally left, even though I was insured by them for my garage keepers liability, workmens comp etc. to the tune of $26,000 per year. Later on the claims rep mentioned that I never gave him anything. I don't play that way.
I haven't read the entire post to determine this, because I am on my way out the door, but if you are reporting a fraud to your insurance adjuster, and they are doing nothing more than insisting that you go back to the same shop who ripped you off, beware, they may be in on it. Their could be some money moving upwards. A lot of times shops paying adjusters are ripping off the insurance company, and are not against ripping off the customer as well. A good sign of that is when parts that are paid for are not being put on the boat. They can only fudge the labor so far, because a superviser goes over every claim for each adjuster, with the labor times coming out of the manaul. (Mitchell or Motors with cars for example) BUT the parts, they can play around with more, since the insurance company does not insist on parts invoices, unless they are issuing a supplement. So beware. I will never forget what Dr. Phil said on TV, "If they do it with you, they will do it to you". You could try to blow this up, take them to court etc., but I wouldn't. It ain't worth the ag. Also in the cases that I have heard, the judge did nothing more than make a judgement to the vehicle owner for the difference.
Most of the time, lawyers just tie claims up, rather than expedite them. Unless they specialize in claims, most lawyers that customers used were a waste. They took the case, collected their fee, and more or less sat on it, until it resolved itself. If they sent a letter to the insurance company, that only slowed down the claim. Insurance companies have special piles for claims in litigation. Everything has to go through a sieve, which just adds more red tape.
One more thing, typically an insurance company can not "close" the books on a claim unless it is a medical claim, and even then they usually require a release, even if it is nothing more than a note on the back of the check. I had a claim on my Donzi 18 from hitting some rocks at a slow speed, wasting my prop, and lower fin. They replaced with all new parts because I insisted. What happened was 2 years later, I had the motor pulled to replace the rust perforated timing cover, so I had them replace all the pans, and while it was out, the boat mechanic mentioned that the impact affected the internal mounts for the drive. It was no problem getting the insurance company to come up with a supplemental claim to cover that part of it, to the tune of $800. So why is this important? It doesn't matter whether you are with them or not, the event happened, and they are liable for coverage, BUT, if in the future you have an anamolie show up that was related to the damage in this incident, something they did not discover, well, you could have a harder time getting a supplement if you were the whistle blower that caused the company some shame. You know what I mean. That's about all for now.
I will keep an eye on this post, and jump in if I have anything worthwhile to add.
Bob

98shovel
04-25-2007, 12:21 PM
carl,
you have the right to know what was repaired on your boat and what the cost was ,the insurance co. should have issued the check in your name and the name of the shop and you should have signed off the check after the repaires were made
go above the ajuster to his boss if that doesent work go higher up the food chain till u start getting what u want.
keep records of all phone calls time date ect. so u can refere back wene talking to the next guy in line.
in our state the ins. co. are only liable to return to pre accident condition any thing else they consider betterment.
i use foremost part of farmers never hade to make a claim so dont know how they would be hope i never have to find out

BUIZILLA
04-25-2007, 12:29 PM
the adjuster is in on the game...

ThunderMarineDave
04-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Hmmm - there are several problems going on here.

First, let me say that I don't know Michigan laws, don't know K&M, and I'm not an attorney (although I did spend some time in law school...)

However, I do know Progressive. I've handled 100s of repair claims for motorcycles at my own shop, and quite a few marine claims at my current shop (which is the 11th largest boat dealer in the US).

It is highly unusual for an insurance company to pay the shop directly. Usually the check comes made out to the shop AND the customer, and the customer is advised not to sign the check over to the shop until the repairs are done to their satisfaction. If there is a lien on the boat, the check will usually go to the lienholder, and if not the lienholder will at least be named on the check (and usually will not sign off until they are assured the repairs have been done properly).

In most (all?) states, the customer has the right to choose his own repair shop, and if there is no lien, to choose not to have it repaired and simply pocket the money. (However, the insurance company will consider this a cash settlement, and possibly deny future claims - been there...)

It is also my experience that the insurance rep will side with customer, and if there are verifiable problems with the repair, will pull the job and have it completed at a different shop (been there, also...)

My advice would be to talk to someone else at Progressive (as my experiences with Progressive have been great, and they usually appear to support the customer). Your agent might be very valuable in bending the right ears.

Good luck.

-David

Carl C
04-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks guys, you really are my good friends.:bighug: Yes, the adjuster is in on it. He totally changed his tune from a couple days ago when he saw the boat and said right away that the parts were not new. Today I asked him "aren't you supposed to be representing me and getting me the parts that Progressive paid for but weren't installed?" He shrugged me off and continued to side with Gary in spite of irrefutable fraud. He said "you're real close to being on your own." I said "I won't be on my own, there will be an attorney involved." I'd love to get to the bottom of this but I guess I'll have to let it go. I just got a lower quote from All-state for my boat and cars. Right now I'm going to the bank to try and stop payment on my insurance renewal. Progressive lost a customer. Later.:outtahere:

glashole
04-25-2007, 01:11 PM
If someone knows a higher-up at Progressive they might want to alert them to this thread

zelatore
04-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Hmmmm...I've got a truck & 3 motorcycles with them and just got a quote for my new ('01) 22C of $881/yr. I may have to think about this a bit.

Don

BUIZILLA
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Today I asked him "aren't you supposed to be representing me and getting me the parts that Progressive paid for but weren't installed?" He shrugged me off and continued to side with Gary in spite of irrefutable fraud. He said "you're real close to being on your own." I said "I won't be on my own, there will be an attorney involved." By all means, get his supervisor involved, and right NOW, I have never heard a statement like this from a reputable adjuster, nor does he have any legitimacy or authority to make that statement. I can't stress to you enough in stronger words to get a supervisor or territory manager involved immediately. Then call the Michigan Insurance Commissioners Office, and lodge a formal written complaint. I deal a LOT in the marine industry with adjusters for claims, with a LOT of insurance company's, 2 today in fact already, and I have never in my 36 years twisting wrenches heard a sentence like that from a legitimate and honest adjuster. If you have to go get your boat right now to do so, and have someone else fix it right, then do that, and file a claim backwards. Your integrity is at stake here.

JH

Carl C
04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
ThunderMarineDave, thanks for the input but it's a done deal. I just stopped payment on my insurance renewal. Everything is going to Allstate. I have untill may 3 to get my new policy in effect. Buizilla, it is this guys superviser that is the problem. The rep, Mike, came to my house to look at my boat. Right away he said the prop shaft was obviously not new and the trim rams didn't look new and we didn't see any new parts on the trailer and the tongue was still bent. He said he'd OK taking it to another shop and would turn it over to Progressive's legal department and the state would be notified. He said it was obvious insurance fraud. Several days later he called and said that his supervisor would not authorize the boat going to a different shop, that it must go back to K&M. Today he sang a whole different tune and he was obviously uneasy. I had requested that he meet me there to back me up but he was acting against me. I can't go get the boat now. They said they would work on it right away and I should get it back tomorrow. The number one thing now is to get back on the water. I would love to get to the bottom of this but I don't have a clue how far up it goes or who to talk to. I AM looking forward to that phone call asking why I stopped payment on my check. If anyone knows who I could talk to I'd like to know that. Thanks. zeletore, Allstate is insuring my '05 22C for $52,500 for $468 a year. $514 if I didn't also switch my cars to them.

Sweet little 16
04-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Carl,

as I said before you needed to show you were not messing around from the get go here get 3 supervisor's up the chain, do it in a calm manner, but be firm, let them know that you are not happy
I would not have stopped payment on the check without your boat in hand
different states have different laws and codes for that and in certain circumstances in some states that can lead to charges being filed against you! I would get possesion of the boat immediately like now! you don't want the boat in their hands when they find out the payment has been stopped

Carl C
04-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Carl,
as I said before you needed to show you were not messing around from the get go here get 3 supervisor's up the chain, do it in a calm manner, but be firm, let them know that you are not happy
I would not have stopped payment on the check without your boat in hand
different states have different laws and codes for that and in certain circumstances in some states that can lead to charges being filed against you! I would get possesion of the boat immediately like now! you don't want the boat in their hands when they find out the payment has been stopped The check had nothing to do with this incident. It was to renew my insurance policy which expires may 3. Regardless of the outcome I am done with Progressive forever. I don't know how I can get a 3rd supervisor up on the phone. If someone has a phone # I'd appreciate it and will follow up on this....................

After I get my boat back.

Sweet little 16
04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
I know it didn't have any thing to do with the incident but now you have severed your relationship with progressive so now if things don't go right they have no incentive to do the right thing or take that extra step

call the 1800 number for progressive ask for a regional manager in your area

speak to the adjuster ask him who is his immediate boss is tell him in a kind way that things are wrong and you know he wants to make it right and that you will commend him for the great job he did in this terrible situation and how he is a great asset to his company and write letter to his boss
then virtually knee cap him and his boss

realbold
04-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Carl, I never dealt with Allstate and I dont mean to throw another turd in your pie, but I heard more than once they are horrific for claims.

chappy
04-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Carl,

Did you ever speak to the supervisor? Or are you taking the adjustors word for it? I would listen to Buizilla on this, don't give up. Start ladder climbing. Progressive's reputation is at stake, they have people working for them that WANT to know about this.

Rich

Carl C
04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Carl, I never dealt with Allstate and I dont mean to throw another turd in your pie, but I heard more than once they are horrific for claims. A lot of it comes down to personal experiences. Some folks swear by Progressive, some swear by BoatUS. I've also heard complaints about BoatUS. One thing is for sure; Progressive will not get another chance to screw me, that's how I do things. I did make some phone calls. They keep wanting to switch me to someone local. I'm trying to get someone high up and am awaiting a call back tomorrow. I want to know the ammount of the check they cut to K&M. That would answer some questions but they are protecting that info. I will pursue this matter though. I'm sorry about all the posts, I know this site isn't "about me" but you're the only ones I have to help me. My friends aren't into boating. Thanks all for understanding. "Another turd in my pie" - now that's funny!

mrfixxall
04-25-2007, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=Carl C;409269]A lot of it comes down to personal experiences. Some folks swear by Progressive, some swear by BoatUS. I've also heard complaints about BoatUS. One thing is for sure; Progressive will not get another chance to screw me, that's how I do things. I did make some phone calls. They keep wanting to switch me to someone local. I'm trying to get someone high up and am awaiting a call back tomorrow. I want to know the ammount of the check they cut to K&M. That would answer some questions but they are protecting that info. I will pursue this matter though. I'm sorry about all the posts, I know this site isn't "about me" but you're the only ones I have to help me. My friends aren't into boating. Thanks all for understanding. "Another turd in my pie" - now that's funny![/QUOT

In reguards to the insurance check, the last time & every time i delt with a ins claim my insurance co made the check out to me and the person doing the repairs..
I would ask progressive if they put the check in both names? They may have forged your name also..

Cuda
04-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I had great service from Progressive when I totaled my truck a couple years ago, so I don't think this is company wide. I think maybe you have a shady claims adjuster/and or supervisor. I'd go into my normal climb the ladder routine. If you can't get satisfaction, ask to speak to his boss. If the next guy doesn't satisfy you, keep going up. Everyone in that company has a boss, unless you come to someone who's last name is Progressive. If they stonewall you at any point, that's when I call the state insurance commisioner. They hate that.
I'm well known for climbing the ladder until I get someone who will answer my question. Just a couple weeks ago, I was having problems with an unemployment claim against me, and I could not get anyone from that department to answer my question, so I called the guy who's name was on the top of the page. That was Governor Charlie Christ. I got someone in his office, told him my problem and that I was one pissed off constituent at this stage. He called another guy, who could answer my question. I've done things like this more than once, people depend on us just giving up. I'm just not wired that way.
Call the 800 number for Progressive, and tell them you do not want to talk to your adjuster, or his supervisor, that you want to talk to that supervisors boss. Don't take no for an answer. Everyone has a boss.

Good luck.

Carl C
04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Mrfixall, others have mentioned that, Ill look into it. Cuda, I am starting at the top and getting worked down. I'm making it clear that I want to talk to someone out of this area since I don't know how far this goes. I just hope I get my boat back before I start making waves. I've decided not to just let it go. I'm sure some have had good luck with Prog but they've lost my business. I might get the boat back tomorrow.:crossfing:

Yellowdonzi67
04-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I had great service from Progressive when I totaled my truck a couple years ago, so I don't think this is company wide. I think maybe you have a shady claims adjuster/and or supervisor. I'd go into my normal climb the ladder routine. If you can't get satisfaction, ask to speak to his boss. If the next guy doesn't satisfy you, keep going up. Everyone in that company has a boss, unless you come to someone who's last name is Progressive. If they stonewall you at any point, that's when I call the state insurance commisioner. They hate that.
I'm well known for climbing the ladder until I get someone who will answer my question. Just a couple weeks ago, I was having problems with an unemployment claim against me, and I could not get anyone from that department to answer my question, so I called the guy who's name was on the top of the page. That was Governor Charlie Christ. I got someone in his office, told him my problem and that I was one pissed off constituent at this stage. He called another guy, who could answer my question. I've done things like this more than once, people depend on us just giving up. I'm just not wired that way.
Call the 800 number for Progressive, and tell them you do not want to talk to your adjuster, or his supervisor, that you want to talk to that supervisors boss. Don't take no for an answer. Everyone has a boss.
Good luck.

If you don't do it for you, do it for the next guy.

If these guys are forging your name and screwing you out of your rightful claim then put em in jail so the next guy's brand new donzi doesn't get treated as poorly as you did.

You're doing the right thing!

Carl C
04-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Tomorrow when you go get the boat
When you are talking to Progressive and getting thr run around, you might inquire as to whether or not they have the phone number for the MI insurance commissioners office.... :D :DI like that one and the confidence that I'll get the boat tomorrow.:) I'll inspect everything but don't think I have a witness. Most aren't as lucky as me to have all week off.:) I'm getting ready for bed. Good night Johnboy.

Rootsy
04-26-2007, 06:15 AM
With a company that refuses to listen or be helpful a nice note or phone call to the Insurance Commision or Mr. Cox tends to shake a few apples from the tree... When you have found the end of your rope in the battle these people know WHO to call and What to say....

Just like home inspectors and realtors they all work in the same area and know each other, often seeing and conversing with each other quite frequently... even when you hire the inspector you are on the outside looking in for the most part... same goes for insurance agents, adjusters and repair businesses in an area. There are crooks everywhere... til they get caught...

Carl C
04-26-2007, 11:38 AM
This is all they could come up with when I requested a copy of the check to K&M. They did admit that it was unusual that the check wasn't made out to me also. Shouldn't someone be able to produce an actual copy of the check? I think I am dealing with the person responsible for this whole fiasco. They say the boat will be ready tomorrow. Thanks.

gold-n-rod
04-26-2007, 03:37 PM
This is all they could come up with when I requested a copy of the check to K&M. They did admit that it was unusual that the check wasn't made out to me also. Shouldn't someone be able to produce an actual copy of the check? I think I am dealing with the person responsible for this whole fiasco. They say the boat will be ready tomorrow. Thanks.

Carl: You are building a case for insurance fraud as well as unethical and/or illegal behavior on the part of Progressive employees.

I don't think it's a good idea to be posting your "evidence" at a public place for anyone to see.

You may want to remove that document.

Carl C
04-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Randy, and everyone, I am so emotionally drained from dealing with this for over 8 months that I may just have to let it go. I have documented my concerns, I have spoken with my wallet by moving all my insurance to a different company (with lower rates). If I get my boat back tomorrow and it water tests OK I think I'll have to get on with my life and put this behind me. I apologize to all who were helping me and pulling for me but this is causing so much stress that I'm having health problems (headaches, can't sleep). I also don't want to tee off the folks here who favor Progressive, like our Harbormaster. See Y'all on the H2O soon!:)

chappy
04-26-2007, 04:35 PM
I use progressive on my boat and motorcycle, and I say, DO WHAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU.

Rich

BigGrizzly
04-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Carl, no problem. We are on this board to get and give help and support fellow Donzi ites. What ever you do will be OK with everyone including Harbor Master Remember he gives and gets help too. What started the issue was the dealer not the insurance company. All in all you are right let it go and go boating.