PDA

View Full Version : The Accident

DonziDave
04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
A woman and a man are involved in a car accident on a snowy, cold,
Monday morning. Both of their cars are totally demolished but amazingly
neither of them are hurt.

God works in mysterious ways.

After they crawl out of their cars, the woman says, "So you're a man.
That's interesting. I'm a woman. Wow, just look at our cars! There's
nothing left, but we're unhurt. This must be a sign from God that we
should meet and be friends and live together in peace for the rest of our
days".

Flattered, the man replies, "Oh yes, I agree with you completely, This
must be a sign from God!"

The woman continues, "And look at this, here's another miracle. My car
is completely demolished but this bottle of wine didn't break. Surely God
wants us to drink this wine and celebrate our good fortune." Then she
hands the bottle to the man.

The man nods his head in agreement, opens it and drinks half the bottle
and then hands it back to the woman. The woman takes the bottle and
immediately puts the cap back on, and hands it back to the man.

The man asks, "Aren't you having any?"

The woman replies, "No. I think I'll just wait for the police...."

MORAL OF THE STORY:
Women are clever, evil bitches. Don't mess with them.

roadtrip se
04-23-2007, 09:31 PM
because it isn't and it's wrong in so many ways, I don't even know where to start. Get some counseling.

realbold
04-24-2007, 06:29 AM
roadtrip needs to lighten up!

Cuda
04-24-2007, 06:35 AM
roadtrip needs to lighten up!
Agreed.:rolleyes:

Carl C
04-24-2007, 06:36 AM
I thought it was funny.

hardcrab
04-24-2007, 07:19 AM
because it isn't and it's wrong in so many ways, I don't even know where to start. Get some counseling.
YOU'RE kidding, Right?

If not, this is an excellent example how overly sensitive our society has become.

Yes, do get counceling. :confused: :confused:

Johntrip
04-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Funny & So True.............:bonk: :bonk:

chappy
04-24-2007, 07:55 AM
:rlol:

Funny joke.

Rich

Sweet little 16
04-24-2007, 08:26 AM
just remember you guys are a phone call away from being replaced by Armando the pool boy :yes:

gold-n-rod
04-24-2007, 08:28 AM
just remember you guys are a phone call away from being replaced by Armando the pool boy :yes:

If we haven't been already!!!! :bonk:

BUIZILLA
04-24-2007, 08:53 AM
does Armando do windows and screens??

BigGrizzly
04-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Guys it wasn't the joke it was the moral of the story that is the problem. Our partial success is because of our significant others. The motor in my Criterion is my wife's.:wink:

roadtrip se
04-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Still not funny to me at all.

"MORAL OF THE STORY:
Women are clever, evil bitches. Don't mess with them."

Stupid? Absolutely. Mean spirited? Yep. Funny, no not really.

If this is so fricking hilarious, why don't you show it to your significant others and ask them how they would react if you told a dumb story like this one.

Now, let me go dig out my sense of humor, so I have it available when I really need it.

realbold
04-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I will show it to her and I'm sure she wont be offended. Get a life!

roadtrip se
04-24-2007, 10:06 AM
I will show it to her and I'm sure she wont be offended. Get a life!

not quite sure why finding this attempt at humor just plain dumb has to do with my lifestyle, but you are entitled to your opinion and so am I.

Free country, right? I guess having no class and degrading your soulmate through association goes with it, right? Not exactly the way I would introduce a nice light moment into my conversation with the spouse over dinner, but to each their own. Good luck to those of you who do attempt this.

Intended to be a joke or not, it isn't funny to me.

Now, let me go find my sense of humor and my lifestyle, as I seem to have lost both of them at the moment.

gcarter
04-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Sory Todd......
Ya need to loosen up.
I just showed it to Elaine who's older than many here except me an Mop, her first reaction was to laugh hysterically.
She absolutely thought it was funny.

Carl C
04-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Actually I think the joke works better without the "moral" part. Maybe DonziDave could delete that part to help keep the peace here.:)

Cuda
04-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Actually I think the joke works better without the "moral" part. Maybe DonziDave could delete that part to help keep the peace here.:)
Just what we need, more morality police in our life. How about if Todd keeps his ill founded idignation to himself, and let the rest of us have a sense of humor.

Cuda
04-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Stupid? Absolutely. Mean spirited? Yep. Funny, no not really.
If this is so fricking hilarious, why don't you show it to your significant others and ask them how they would react if you told a dumb story like this one.
Now, let me go dig out my sense of humor, so I have it available when I really need it.
Dude, you have some serious issues. I just showed it to Debbie, and she thought it was funny.

fegettes
04-24-2007, 10:47 AM
...... Yep, I have to agree with Roadtrip on this one. It isn't funny, and it is sad. Sad because I happen to know this woman. Actually, I was married to her for a short period of time, .... and it wasn't funny. The upside is that I appreciate the woman I have right now, every single day.

Life is good. I have a good boat and a good woman to enjoy it with.

Cuda
04-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Free country, right? I guess having no class and degrading your soulmate through association goes with it, right?.
If my significant other found this to be with no class, and degrading, she certainly wouldn't be my soulmate, or significant other very long.:rolleyes:

WA-LO
04-24-2007, 11:25 AM
We take wine very seriously in our life, I would have never gotten the 1st
sip and she would have restled me to the ground taken the bottle and drank
the whole thing!!!!!

roadtrip se
04-24-2007, 01:24 PM
MORAL OF THE STORY:
Women are clever, evil bitches. Don't mess with them.

Okay, okay, the way I read this...
aside from the references to my lack of humor, lack of a life, lack of an understanding spouse who would find this absolutely hilarious, lack of looseness, accusations of attempts to become the morality police, and all of the other unrelated references to my makeup...

that the group thinks this is one funny piece of stuff. I still don't.

Isn't that the meaning of boards like these? To share points of reference and your own opinion on topics. I've shared mine. It is a joke, but the moral to the story doesn't strike me as funny at all. Simple opinion. Beat away all you would like, but my opinion is what it is, group think and all...

MOP
04-24-2007, 02:46 PM
I have read this thread about 5 times! I loved the joke the end tarnished it a bit, Bonnie laughed first then hated it after she read the last line. Now that everyones shorts are in a knot stand back Diffenent strokes for different folks" and the othe old one "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" lets drop it! This kind of stuff can and will harm relationships that have been formed over time, that is the trouble with all boards our fingers out run our A holes!!!

M.O.P.

Marlin275
04-24-2007, 03:05 PM
I just read it to my wife and she guessed the ending,
and laughed at the final part.

gcarter
04-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Anyone ever watch Dr. Phil?????
If so, then you know there is a segment of womanhood this applies to.......
not all, but a significant segment.
I've known this woman myself.
I'm just glad I didn't marry her.

BUIZILLA
04-24-2007, 05:16 PM
this is not the first time i've read this joke....

in fact, it has been circulating for several years...

it's basically the same wording, and conotation verbage everytime..

EXCEPT for the word *evil*, that's new, wrong choice of words

dfunde01
04-24-2007, 07:11 PM
The fact that several people, apparently all male, could be offended by that joke is a sad commentary on today's society.

"EXCEPT for the word *evil*, that's new, wrong choice of words"

"This kind of stuff can and will harm relationships"

"Stupid? Absolutely. Mean spirited? Yep. Funny, no not really."

Over 30 years ago I commented to some co-workers that we would live to see it be against the law to hurt someones feelings. They all told me I was crazy. We are pretty much there now.

Dave

BUIZILLA
04-24-2007, 07:22 PM
I never said I was offended, do NOT put words in my mouth,,,

I just stated someone added the word *evil*

dfunde01
04-24-2007, 07:40 PM
I never said I was offended, do NOT put words in my mouth,,,
I just stated someone added the word *evil*

I didn't say that you were offended. I said "The fact that several people, apparently all male, could be offended by that joke is a sad commentary on today's society." Please do not put words in my mouth. You did imply however that the addition of the word evil was well, evil.

Dave

BUIZILLA
04-24-2007, 08:36 PM
I just stated someone added the word *evil* oh puhleeeesee Dfunde....

i'm done

realbold
04-24-2007, 08:47 PM
....if only DonziDave knew what kind ch!t he stirred up here....:hyper:

DonziDave
04-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey Guys - I am very sorry that I offended some of you.....it was just a joke that someone sent to me and I pasted it here verbatim. BTW - I sent it to my girlfriend and she thought it was funny....

Admin - Please delete this thread.....I enjoy and value this site too much to be the cause of such anger....!!!!

Dave

realbold
04-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, most of us thought it was funny.

catch 22
04-24-2007, 11:14 PM
This is Catch 22's wife. I just read it and thought it was funny. Did I take it serious? No. Am I a Bitch? Sometimes. Evil? No. Clever? You betcha. :yes:

Johntrip
04-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Wow.......

Cuda
04-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Yeah, we better delete it since one person was offended by it. After all, that's the politically correct way. God help someone would keep being offended to themselves.:rolleyes:

BigGrizzly
04-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Its like my Dad. We are Italian, he could tell an Italian joke at family reunions etc. with no problem. Let a non Italian tell the same joke and he would be offended. The bad part is he was a verifiable genius, with common sense to boot a machinist by hobby and a Doctor by profession. I could never understand the double standard from an intelligent human being. But nobody is perfect.

smoothie
04-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Its like my Dad. We are Italian, he could tell an Italian joke at family reunions etc. with no problem. Let a non Italian tell the same joke and he would be offended. The bad part is he was a verifiable genius, with common sense to boot a machinist by hobby and a Doctor by profession. I could never understand the double standard from an intelligent human being. But nobody is perfect.
Yep...sounds Italian to me...and I mean that in a good way...:italy:

Ranman
04-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Is this supposed to be funny?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lame.

MOP
04-25-2007, 11:08 AM
This is Catch 22's wife. I just read it and thought it was funny. Did I take it serious? No. Am I a Bitch? Sometimes. Evil? No. Clever? You betcha. :yes:

Gina You Betcha!!!!!:)

roadtrip se
04-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah, we better delete it since one person was offended by it. After all, that's the politically correct way. God help someone would keep being offended to themselves.:rolleyes:

First of all, I can not believe that since I stood up and stated my opinion that I simply did not think this joke was that funny, because it was plain dumb, would get such a reaction. I just don't think humor that is made at the expense of others is all that funny, be it women/men, ethnic groups, or whatever other group we are picking on today. It's just a put down.

Politically Correct? Ask anyone who actually knows me and I don't think politically correct is going to be a trait that comes up in the description. I speak my mind, listen to other's point of view, and sometimes change my view if their point has some validity. Cuda, you have actually been using a politically correct tactic of name calling, put downs, and just general intimidation. Do you really think a public put down is really going to make me change my opinion, when this is exactly what I pointed out in the first place as objectionable? It ain't working my friend.

As for keeping it to myself, why don't you exercise your own advice and hit the reply key a little less often. Funny thing, I have received about half a dozen calls from people out there who have not posted here to discuss this, most of which supported by opinion. It's an opinion, sorry if you don't like it.

I never stated that I wanted this thread deleted. I just don't find the "joke" tag line funny. What the heck is wrong with that?

dfunde01
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
First of all, I can not believe that since I stood up and stated my opinion that I simply did not think this joke was that funny, because it was plain dumb, would get such a reaction............... I just don't find the "joke" tag line funny. What the heck is wrong with that?

I would suggest that if your comment had been limited to saying that you didn't think the joke was funny you would not have received any reaction. Adding "it's wrong in so many ways, I don't even know where to start. Get some counseling." to the comment is most likely the part that elicited the reactions.

Dave

Carl C
04-25-2007, 02:02 PM
I have read this thread about 5 times! I loved the joke the end tarnished it a bit, Bonnie laughed first then hated it after she read the last line. Now that everyones shorts are in a knot stand back Diffenent strokes for different folks" and the othe old one "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" lets drop it! This kind of stuff can and will harm relationships that have been formed over time, that is the trouble with all boards our fingers out run our A holes!!!
M.O.P. Now this here post form the guy with the highest rep number here makes the most sense. Hey DonziDave, way to go. You single handedly shattered Donzi.net!:rlol: :hyper: Now that was a joke BTW.

Ranman
04-25-2007, 02:51 PM
http://spams-ukwildcatbasketball.com/thisthreadsucks.mbe.jpg

roadtrip se
04-25-2007, 03:41 PM
http://spams-ukwildcatbasketball.com/thisthreadsucks.mbe.jpg

from the very first post, pure drivel.

realbold
04-25-2007, 04:09 PM
from the very first post, pure drivel.
...from the very first reply! Goes to show how 1 post can destroy a whole thread.:frown:

Ranman
04-25-2007, 05:18 PM
http://spams-ukwildcatbasketball.com/deargod.mbe.jpg

p729lws
04-25-2007, 10:07 PM
http://spams-ukwildcatbasketball.com/deargod.mbe.jpg

Now that's funny, lol! I was drinking a coke and now you owe me a keyboard Ranman!

Cuda
04-25-2007, 11:19 PM
I should know better, as usual, the best way to win an argument is to avoid it. The more you argue your side, the more the other guy is sure he's right.