PDA

View Full Version : No hecho en China here

FUELPOWERED
04-21-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm having a bit of a dilemma finding a 14" tire x 4 made domestically to replace my dry rotted ones. I was told Carlisle no longer makes them here either. WTF? Who does? If I have a choice between car tires made here or real trailer load rated tires from Asia, I'll go with the car tires.

smoothie
04-22-2007, 08:46 AM
I wouldnt go with car tires on a boat trailer...bad things could happen...my trailer had truck tires on it and they started to split the rims because the side wall flexed so much couldnt find the slow air leak until I had em changed and the tire guy told me my rims were splitting in the middle from the truck tires...had to buy new rims...trailer tires are class rated and have stronger side walls because of all the weight on em in one place...hope this makes sense...

BigGrizzly
04-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Check at Northern, you can buy tires and rims to fit the application as cheep as the tires would cost you. As for the car thing vs trailer thing. Its the law if a cop pulls you over, or and accident happens then your in trouble.

FUELPOWERED
04-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I guess I will put trailer tires on it after all. I'll post when I find some that are made in the U.S.