PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Graphics...

jason95819
04-21-2007, 01:45 AM
I am trying to get information about 'stock' graphics for a '86 Crossbow (33').
I bought this boat last year and I am currently 'restoring'.
Anyway, please see the attached pic and let me know if the graphics are true to the year of production.
If not I am going to strip them and replace with the chrome donzi logo with shields/coat of arms/logo.
Thanks in advance!!! All advice is appreciated.
Jason
p.s. If you are in Lake Tahoe let me know. I see a lot of 'you' up there and I think it's about time we get organized!!! ;)

Donzigo
04-21-2007, 06:46 AM
Jason,
You have a nice boat for sure; but, it's not the original graphics. The original graphics on all of the Z-33 boats was the simple letters DONZI and a creast Americal flag and dolphin/lion logo. Your boat was most likely white from the factory, unless it was repainted. The original colors were teal, red, white and yellow, unless they made a "one-off", which rarely occurred back then.

Good luck and if you need any info while you are refurbing, throw me a call.
I've been totally through my entire boat.

Richard
727-867-7020

jason95819
04-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks Richard.

I was 99.9% sure those graphics didn't come on the boat originally. But then I started to wonder (the 0.1% haha) because I haven't seen that particular style of stripes on any other year of Donzi so I began to wonder.

Everyone tells me to leave as is even though it isn't original, but I don't quite agree..

By the way, do you know of where I can get the Donzi decal with the flag and crest?

Thanks again,
Jason

techspecial
04-25-2007, 10:33 AM
I just got mine from Jamie at Lakeside...
Very nice!!!
Richard Weaver is getting out of the decal business and doesn't have much left.:)

bigalups
05-05-2007, 01:53 AM
Hey Jason,
Your up in Tahoe! I will be bringing my Z-21 to the Keys next week for the rest of the season. Maybe will see each other on the lake. See attached photo. If you find where to get the decals let me know. I have a faded one in the rear that needs replacing.
See you on the lake.

Al