PDA

View Full Version : Clearing Out the Oklawaha River Article

rustnrot
04-20-2007, 04:08 PM
"With alligators in the water, such incidents potentially put helpless boaters into the food chain, he noted."

INTO THE FOOD CHAIN??? Once into the Food Chain, will the so called Hapless Boater Residue (presumably alligator effluent) cause an unnatural algae bloom??

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/index.php?id=109

gcarter
04-20-2007, 04:38 PM
This is really good news. I've been waiting since the storms for this. It used to be an effortless trip up the river to Silver Springs...but no more!
I can't wait ....for this, and some rain!:yes: :lightning

Cuda
04-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Just a few minutes ago, I got off the phone with a friend of mine who just spent the weekend with a Jeep club running along the river. He didn't understand why they made such a high bridge with wooden fenders around the supports until I told him it was originally supposed to be flooded into a lake back when the ill fated, and stupid Florida Barge Canal project was being built. Rodman Resevoir is also full of stumps, and has some of the best bass fishing in the state because of it. Anyone stupid enough to get their drives torn off running there deserves to be part of the food chain. Darwinism at it's best.