PDA

View Full Version : CAUTION:Beware of this ad!

chappy
04-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi all,
I don't know whose boat this is, the owner may not even know about the ad. I tried to make an offer for this boat, the alleged seller wanted me to wire $7700 cash via western union to an address in Las Vegas. He said it was to an agent of escrow.com. Escrow.com does NOT accept western union as a form of payment. Also, I was e-mailed payment instructions from what was disguised as escrow.com, escrow.com does NOT e-mail payment instructions. Nice looking ride though. Anyone ever heard of an 18 classic named "Double Agent"?
http://www.boatsdepot.org/boat.asp?id=158
and
http://www.buyusedboats.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?action=sad&adid=13780
Rich :mad:
P.S. Of course, for that price, I should have known it was a scam.:bonk:

Ranman
04-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Obviously a scam. Probably heisted photos of a legit boat.

Doubt it will go very fast with 76,100 liters of fuel. Must be a drug runner. :cool!: :cool!:

Carl C
04-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Should someone contact the site adm. before someone gets scammed?:(

mrfixxall
04-20-2007, 10:37 PM
ill see if i can run the hull number and find out who the owner is on monday??

Its nice to know someone in the repo bizz and do the skiptrace for me..

Donzigo
04-21-2007, 08:12 AM
This boat is sitting at Lightning Bay Donzi dealership in St. Pete, Florida, as we speak, unless it's already been sold. I looked at the boat a couple of weeks ago for a guy in Boston, who found me on this board. The price wasn't $6,000, it was considerably higher.

chappy
04-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Funny thing is, I called three agencies to report it to, they all asked me how much money I lost in the scam. I told them I didn't lose anything, and they told me to ignore the ad. I was told that there are so many scams like this online that unless someone loses money, it's not looked into. Sad. Oh well, caveat emptor I guess.

Rich

Cuda
04-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Obviously a scam. Probably heisted photos of a legit boat.
Doubt it will go very fast with 76,100 liters of fuel. Must be a drug runner. :cool!: :cool!:
......and an eleven foot draft. Of course, I could be wrong since the boat weighs one pound.