PDA

View Full Version : Doral 24'

peregrine
04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Anyone own one? What did they have for power? Twin screw? I never see anyone mention one. Most of our discussions revolve around the classics, ZX's, and occasionally someone mentions a Criterion, but the Doral looks pretty nice.

steve74
06-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Hello, I have a 74 Doral SS. They were available w/various power set-ups.
My boat was built w/ twin Chris Craft 300hp V-8. I think also available was 2x320hp. I just finished a re-power/resto/leap of faith on a boat I bought in 99'.
The Doral is great. It is fast and sturdy. The more I drive it ......The better!!

peregrine
06-07-2007, 06:28 AM
any pics?

steve74
06-07-2007, 07:30 AM
I am going to be posting some in the gallery.

Dregsz
06-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Project boat I saw last night and ran away from, too late in the season for a project of this magnatude

steve74
06-16-2007, 09:23 AM
What was the price of that boat?

Dregsz
06-16-2007, 11:00 AM
That hull is listed for $1500 on a galvanized trialor. The axle bearings are reported to be in good shape but the trailor needs a new jack and winch, (about $50 at walmart for both).
He would probably take a few hundered less.
The trailor alone is worth more then that but it comes w an old donzi.
The hull looks like an original single engine model but it last had twin OBs and gil brackets. If you were to rig it w OBs again I can offer a good deal on a pair of matching, counter rotating, 1995, 175 HP mercs complete. shipping available
(The motors made the project feasible for me but I'm thinking how they'd do on a 22c hull, probably overkill, or maybe just one on an 18' hull, 20" mid w 200hp or bigger carbs,,, hmm)
I'm looking for a boat to buy today and run tomorrow. I think we could of had the Doral up and running and in the water in about 3 weeks. But to prep the hull and spray it etc would have taken alot more time It's really not too bad and has the sportster seats which need rebuilds but they are there.
If this was Oct. and I was looking for a winter project I would have scooped it right up
It needs motors, controls, riggig, a major cleaning, (the guy said he cleaned it up every year he's had it and it comes out fine) about 1-2 sheets of plywood for the floor depending on how they get cut, steering w helm and dash and interior.
Shipping it to FL will add a few bones to the project. I finally got a real job and now longer long haul boats.
There are other posts on it if you search.
Email me if you want the other 6 pics for this boat