PDA

View Full Version : 275Z questions

Archnawan
04-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Hi all,

I recentely bought a 2000 275Z and have a few questions hoping you someone could comment on. Also any reviews/problems with this boat I should be aware of.

First wondering where you guys typically get parts replacements for the boats, specifically right now I would like a owners manual.

Two my vacuflush toliet doesnt seem to be working even though the motor is running and I dont seem to have pluggage.

Lastly, whats the most bang for the buck if I want to add a few ponies to the 7.4 MPI? It cruises at about 35 and tops out at around 45 but I would like a little more out of the hole and 50 top end wouldnt hurt either!!!

Thanks!!

RedDog
04-17-2007, 08:26 AM
I wouldn't worry about an owners manual - the ones made for boats are even much-much less useful than those for autos. They usually just have generic boilerplate on safety. Look for a Clymers or Sealoc maintenance manual that covers your Mercruiser engine / drive package. Your local West Marine or Boaters World will have one.

For your vacuflush try and find the brand/model number and do some searches on the web for trouble shooting. Or call the manufacturer.

For a boat that big it is going to take a whole lot of additional power to see speed gains. I don't think you will find it worthwhile. You may see some modest gains through prop experimentation. And keeping the bottom clean if you keep it in a slip

Donzigo
04-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Owner's manuals aren't too helpful with boats. Boat manufacturers are just assemblers. Most make their own fiberglass parts and some do upholstry. Most of the other parts come from suppliers.

Take apart the potty and you'll find the problem...........

Increasing the ponies is a hard thing to address; because, there are so many variables. You should probably find a good mechanic you feel confident in and discuss the many possibilites and what they would cost.

If you ask specific questions here on this board, you'll get the answers you need.

Welcome aboard. Post some pictures of your new ride. Everybody likes to see a guy's new boat.