PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop looking @ this ZRComp

RickSE
04-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I can't believe this Comp boat is still for sale and hasn't been snatched up.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/7/88326067.htm

It's down to $150K :eek!: . I'm gonna have to pull some equity out of my home if someone doesn't take this thing off the market.

Anyone know some history on this boat? Is it the old R. Nelms boat?

http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/4078598/88326067_1.jpg

farmer tx
04-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Rick, That would look great as it sliced through The Narrows on a toasty Powell afternoon.

ITTLFLI
04-17-2007, 10:14 AM
That is not the one nelems had. His was owned by a guy in KY then got painted w/ an american flag theme.

I am 95% for sure this is the one that was involved in a bad accident on smith mtn lake, VA.

I agree with ya though!! I check it out one a week!! Have you ridden in one? Don't do it if you don't want to buy one!!!

RickSE
04-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Have you ridden in one? Don't do it if you don't want to buy one!!!

Yes, I've been in two, one of the first F-2 ZRC that Donzi set-up with side by side 525's and one like this one with staggered 575's, both had Bob Teague at the wheel.

If this is the VA boat didn't it run right over the back of a big cruiser? I remember the pictures of the cruiser so this ZR must have suffered some hull damage.

Mark, my wife is already bought into the idea of a ZRComp after seeing one at the factory last month. She also rode in the 575 boat with Teague a few years ago. It certainly would make the Powell narrows a no-brainer, but I'd have to sell the SE. :frown: Bring this boat out to the Southwest and give it a new life.

Now if I could just find $100K somewhere.

DonCig
04-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes, I've been in two, one of the first F-2 ZRC that Donzi set-up with side by side 525's and one like this one with staggered 575's, both had Bob Teague at the wheel.
If this is the VA boat didn't it run right over the back of a big cruiser? I remember the pictures of the cruiser so this ZR must have suffered some hull damage.
Mark, my wife is already bought into the idea of a ZRComp after seeing one at the factory last month. She also rode in the 575 boat with Teague a few years ago. It certainly would make the Powell narrows a no-brainer, but I'd have to sell the SE. :frown: Bring this boat out to the Southwest and give it a new life.
Now if I could just find $100K somewhere.

Rick, I am sure that you would enjoy this Donzi 38 ZR; but remember rule #1; big fast boats make great big lakes feel very very small. That is why God created the Pacific Ocean.

Don

RickSE
04-18-2007, 10:38 AM
... That is why God created the Pacific Ocean.
Don

Yes I know, I'm only 6-hours from Dana Point, then off to Catalina. I'll head west to the Pacific with my big East Coast boat while all the goofy CA people head East to Lake Havasu with their big West Coast boats. :boggled:

This is just a dream but as Ronnie James Dio said, "dream for a while of the things that make you smile."

RickSE
04-18-2007, 12:24 PM
My dad just called on this boat and was told that the boat was not in an acident, has 120 hours of use, stored inside and condition is an 8 out of 10. The price is firm at $150K and a trailer is available at additional cost. They also said it's being sold due to fuel and insurance costs.

The accident rumor question can be quickly answered by having Donzi check the previous ownership with the H.I.N.