PDA

View Full Version : Storm....

Pismo
04-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Who is getting clobbered by this storm? Lots of rain in Boston but no snow. Some sleet and wet snow in Lake George but not 2' like predicted. Not much wind yet either. The worst may be yet to come.

Cuda
04-15-2007, 09:24 PM
We even got a taste of it this morning here in Florida. It rained real hard for about an hour, then cleared right up, and high winds followed it. Hours after the rain and lightning, we lost power for two hours. I hear it's from the rain softening the ground, then the wind pushing trees down over power lines. I hate when we lose big oaks here like that. We lost a ton of them the year of the hurricanes because of the same situation. The huge old oaks is one of the great charms of this town.

MOP
04-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Been blowing real hard here for hours, we had moderate rain most all day. From speaking to a few other guys the wet stuff stayed north of me but I got the wind, I am guessing at about 45 maybe 50 but very gusty the trees are swaying like crazy surprised we have not lost power yet.

f_inscreenname
04-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Rained hard all day except for 6pm to 8pm and then the wind picked up and started raining again.:mad:

maddad
04-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Just got back from walking the dog.
Anybody seen LI's south shore beach?
It's not where it usually is.
:confused:

peregrine
04-16-2007, 07:06 AM
CT is getting wacked pretty good. My brother in law is out on the shore protecting stuff with fire dept. I have an inch in the basement.

boxy
04-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Looks like yesterday was the wrong day to take the snowblower off of the my John Deere.... :eek: