PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering

DonziJon
04-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Do the engines installed in Donzi Classics since.. lets say 1997, have an OBD II connector like automobiles.?? :lookaroun: :lookaroun: John

penbroke
04-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Oh come on now, that would be too easy. :eek!: I believe it is the same thing, only different...

Frank

MOP
04-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Can they be read the yes, are they always right ask a few here on the board.:bonk:

DonziJon
04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I just bought one of these http://www.scangauge.com/ for my truck. Forget error codes and troubleshooting. This gismo tells you everything you need to know while you are underway. Examples: Real time GPH, engine water temp, air intake temp, MAP, fuel pressure, ignition timing, etc. etc.

It's not designed for boats, but seems to me that there might be other little things that any red blooded Donzi owner absolutely needs to know at any given moment.. Like maybe "Fuel Burn" at WOT, or anywhere inbetween. We won't call it gas mileage because some Donzi owners are not concerned with such trivia, ...and rightly so. :bonk: By the way, you can unplug it from the boat and plug it into your truck in two minutes for the trip home.

This gismo plugs into your OBD II plug. That's it. Nothing else to do. Stick it on the dash with velcro.

It's in my truck and I love it. :wink: :wink: :wink: John

BUIZILLA
04-16-2007, 10:33 AM
thanx, I just ordered one to check it out

:cool: