PDA

View Full Version : new hobby ?

BUIZILLA
04-13-2007, 03:17 PM
i'm thinking about a new hobby....

I need something to move the boats around the yard...

Johntrip
04-13-2007, 03:35 PM
I used to use the 4 wheeler to move the Contender around...... Tried to move the Donzi with it but No Go...........

Cuda
04-13-2007, 04:10 PM
I've used my four wheeler to move the 20 foot Formula around, and it's a pretty heavy boat.

Jim, you go much bigger on you boats, and you'll need a Peterbuilt to move them with. :wink:

BUIZILLA
04-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Jim, you go much bigger on you boats, and you'll need a Peterbuilt to move them with. :wink: Cuda, there is no u in Peterbilt.. :)

gcarter
04-13-2007, 05:04 PM
You could move in on Rootsy's hobby and buy a Deere....1940'ish GP tractor....if nothing else it'll definately move the boats around and irritate the neighbors at the same time!!:mad: Ka-Pop Ka-Pop

BUIZILLA
04-13-2007, 05:23 PM
www.lakefield.net/~wgtpweb/

click on > 1450 class in photo section

find the blown Pinto with a GMC 3-71 blower, and Hilborn alky injection :eek!: :eek!:

the tandem Gold Wing engine rig isn't too shabby either.. :yes: :yes:

personally, I like the Cub lightweight

boxy
04-13-2007, 07:36 PM
You've got to love Pulling Tractors.... :D

The first turbine I ever saw that was not in an airplane was in a tractor.

roadtrip se
04-13-2007, 10:20 PM
This little shindig is less than ten miles from where I grew up outside Toledo.

The display of power and ingenuity has always been impressive. Probably the first place I ever heard the sound of true big power. C'mon up Jim. Early August, for the biggest and baddest.

I mess around with small Deere's. My Gator has no governor. Top end is a liitle over 30 which is great until you try to stop the thing. Contemplating bringing it down to Kentucky, but I'm not sure how she would do on the hills around here. Never thought about moving the Donzi with her. The EX seems like a better bet.

ITTLFLI
04-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Tractor pulls are a fond memory of my childhood! :wink: Every 4th of July the Wayne county fair(east side of cumberland) had pretty major tractor pulls. They had some high dollar stuff there! I bet most of them attended the national there where you grew up RT!

I don't have much of a need to move the boat around my property but here is my Deere!

Now while over at dads we move stuff around with tractors all the time! Here is one of his Deere's......

farmer tx
04-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Wow,a 720. Thats what I learned to plow with back in the mid 60's. POPPIN JOHNNY !! The ones we had were butane powered.

LKSD
04-14-2007, 08:57 AM
We use a small tractor (JD240) & a Kawasaki prairie 360 4x4 atv to move most of the boats up to about 20-23' After that I use the truck.. Although If i need to move a big boat in the shop or storage bays where it is flat then the small tractor works quite well.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

BigGrizzly
04-14-2007, 10:08 AM
I use a Honda HP250 Power carrier. I need to take a picture but it is a small Treaded caterpillar looking thing.

Dr. Dan
04-15-2007, 09:31 AM
:wink: Byron.... whose Bird is that in the background and do you guys still have it? And what's an X340? I know its bigger than my little Deere lawn tractor, but what's its features? We have a Deere Dealer less than a mile from my house...so we had to get a Deere for our postage stamp size yard! And the Cool little fiberglass dump Trailer to match...cuz we ain't got no wheel barrel junior! :smash:

Just Curious!

Doc of Mutant Ninja Deer :eek!:

ITTLFLI
04-15-2007, 10:01 AM
:wink: Byron.... whose Bird is that in the background and do you guys still have it? And what's an X340? I know its bigger than my little Deere lawn tractor, but what's its features? We have a Deere Dealer less than a mile from my house...so we had to get a Deere for our postage stamp size yard! And the Cool little fiberglass dump Trailer to match...cuz we ain't got no wheel barrel junior! :smash:
Just Curious!
Doc of Mutant Ninja Deer :eek!:

That is one of dads T-birds. Nice little car with a 390fe. Oh yeah he still has it...about the only thing he has sold in the last 20 years was his 22 classic!

The x340 is hydrostatic, has 54" deck, and a 25hp "vtwin air cooled itorque motor" (actually a kawasaki). It cut my mowing time in about half!! I don't have a trailer yet but its on the list! I still muscle the wheel barrel around!

gcarter
04-15-2007, 11:34 AM
I like your dads Deere 720.
I checked and they were introduced in 1956.
In '58, the -30 series became available.

Rootsy
04-15-2007, 07:40 PM
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I'm plugging my ears errr... covering my eyes... no more green!!! :boggled:

Ahhh soon is the time to come for local fairs and tractor pulling... oh how i looooove summer...

extreme lawn tractors...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P9Op88Vs_lY

and the real reason folks go to tractor pulls...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RcJslNsgM2c

I sure hope owen doesn't come hunting me down now...:rolleyes:

gcarter
04-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Jamie, it looks like you could get hurt around one of those things.:frown:

Team Jefe
04-16-2007, 09:30 AM
I too, just got into the tractor business...if you call a 25 horse craftman a tractor:lookaroun: .

Well it is for me, Kohler v-twin, 48" cut deck...Craftsman red...all I need is some flames on the cowling and we're good to go.

Of course, I guess it is really Angel's tractor as I will be delegated to the wedeater since the new place will be too BIG to having a hired "lawn service"