PDA

View Full Version : To our moderators!

MOP
04-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Any possibility of posting the picture MSN resizer link here on the site, I am on a T1 at work and some of thse pics are just rediculous to load. I have heard some like them for detail, Ok but you have to slide them all over the screen!

Phil

Formula Jr
04-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Uhmm, can't people make their own link?

Such as....

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/resize.php

Everybodies got a profile page. You can put what ever on line tools You want in there.

rustnrot
04-13-2007, 02:08 PM
MOP! The Secret is Out. Here we have all been feeling so sorry for you and your hand-cranked, pull-start, dial-up connection. Glad your not all dial-up all the time!!

MOP
04-13-2007, 03:27 PM
MOP! The Secret is Out. Here we have all been feeling so sorry for you and your hand-cranked, pull-start, dial-up connection. Glad your not all dial-up all the time!!

Tommy I am on a T1 line here at work way faster then cable, some still paint the screen. The MSN one is free and super simple to use, also many cameras have an email size setting which works well. The far bigger issue is using up site storage/band width. Hell I am an old fart and figured out how simple it was to use!

MOP
04-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Load the two in this post you wil get the picture, a few sites have it in the header.
Having it in ones profile is a waste as it would not serve the masses only those that viewed the profile.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48661

Cuda post
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41990&highlight=picture+resizer

Formula Jr
04-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm not speaking for the Harbormaster, but freebee link buttons are always problematic from the view of a website owner.

Its a link that goes out of the site. And that other site has its own sponsors and ads and stuff. The first rule of website design is, "keep the eyeballs here."
DR now accepts sponsors like the Lakeside Restoration link. That link shouldn't have to compete with any other freebee links, such as MSN. Even if it has a useful tool. That tool comes with an associated assortment of other ads.

You have to think of this place like an interactive radio station.... a talk show for example. That show wouldn't last very long if all the callers said "Turn the dial over to this other station." Yet people try to do that all the time and they try to do it in sneaky ways..

We are very much affected by the "work at home on the internet schemes."

This is one of the reasons that I request of people to state in their header if an ad is on eBay or Graigslist, or some other site. I personally don't like these sorts of links. I have no control over them and I can't monitor all of them to rectify any misunderstanding or lack of clarity in those postings. But if someone is posting here directly, they will get 100% effort and attention to help make the best ad possible.

I don't have an answer to the resize problem, except to say that people should understand their cameras or their scanners a little better.

MOP
04-13-2007, 05:38 PM
MSN resizer! Microsoft has none of the crap you mention just a great simple very easy to use program. Granted many of the other free resizers have bad links so stay away and use the good stuff!

No 11 in the right hand column a minute or so down load.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Formula Jr
04-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Thank you MOP. You just convinced me of something...

RedDog
04-13-2007, 10:14 PM
I think you confused your message by calling it MSN Resizer. It's not MSN (the TV network) but MS.

Cuda
04-14-2007, 08:15 AM
If you don't want to make a sticky for the resising program, many sites have their own resizer built into the program that posts the pictures. Some pictures posted on here are HUGE. I have a fast connection, and I'll even give up on loading some of them. I'd think losing the wasted bandwidth of huge pictures would be worth linking to a program.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.