PDA

View Full Version : Bucket seat alternatives???

Craig S
04-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I am starting to think about the new buckets for the Nova, and want to know...is there an alternative to poly buckets? I am worried they will pull out whe dealing with my mass.
Fiberglass source? I have nothing now (when bought the boat had two stand-up bolsters installed).
btw, according to what I've read here, I plan to use Gerlick hardware.
Craig

MOP
04-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I am starting to think about the new buckets for the Nova, and want to know...is there an alternative to poly buckets? I am worried they will pull out whe dealing with my mass.
Fiberglass source? I have nothing now (when bought the boat had two stand-up bolsters installed).
btw, according to what I've read here, I plan to use Gerlick hardware.
Craig

The poly stuff is not bad, but if you can scout up a pair of Donzi buckets they are glass with plywood, pretty strong. Even guys like the tall oak RTE has not broken them, several have lunched the sliders but you are on track with Gerlick.

Phil

Cuda
04-13-2007, 03:58 PM
I've got a pair of brand new PPI bucket seats. They are the one's used in today's new Donzis. I also have sliders and pedestals.

Should be in the parts for sale section.

juststartinout
04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi, Looking in the classifields i see a few different seat listed by you but reading the post it looked to me that they were all gone do you still have something up for sale.

Cuda
04-14-2007, 05:42 PM
I just bumped them to the top in parts for sale.

Craig S
04-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the tip. I want to get the same local guy to do the seats 3 seats and the cockpit bolsters so that they match.