PDA

View Full Version : Cover for 18 Classic

3rdDonzi
04-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Just had a UV / Dust cover custom made for my 18 Classic. It is extremely light weight ( probably less than 2lbs total )and for use when the boat is either under cover on the lift or in the sun.
It came out perfect thanks to one of the Registry members who suggested that I send a pattern of the waterline and deck on a plastic sheet. ( the cover was made in Seattle and I live in North Carolina.) It could not fit better if the boat had been at the shop!
If anyone needs a cover, she has saved the pattern for the 18 Classic. Any other sizes would be no problem either but a tracing and measurement would be necessary. I would be glad to share the way we measured mine. As I said, mine is just for dust / UV protection but I'm sure they can make it with any fabric.
Cost was $430. Estimate from the folks who make the covers for the factory was $1175.
I've had some aircraft covers from the same people for six years with no wear at all. Find them at http://www.cunninghamcovers.com or 800 940 0342. Nothing in it for me, just like to send some more business to these good people.
Corky

DonCig
04-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Corky, can you post a picture of the rear of the boat with the cover on it?
What year is your 18?
What fabric did you select, after looking at their website they offer a lot of choices.

Thanks,

Don

BigGrizzly
04-13-2007, 06:02 PM
If you look in Overtons they have them with the picture of the U19 for around $250. It says generic but it fits really well, even on the Corsican.

3rdDonzi
04-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Don,
My 18 is a '95, 350 Mag. Alpha.
Can't remember the name of the fabric, it is almost like parachute material. If you call Cunninghams, ask for Sylvia, she will know. They do have a lot of choices.
I will send a picture from the back but it may take a while. Its an ugly weekend here and to get a good shot I need to be on another boat. If I don't get out soon I will just take one at an angle from the dock and post it.
Corky