PDA

View Full Version : IMCO 2" shortie installed

zimm17
04-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Here's a couple cool pictures of it.

undertaker
04-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Take those TURBO stickers off that prop:) :) :) :) .....looks good...

Undertaker:cool:

ITTLFLI
04-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Look great! I like the "stealth mode black!" :wink:

catch 22
04-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Starting to shape up. Can't wait to see it in Kentucky. Looking Good.

BigGrizzly
04-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I have more Turbo sticker you can put them on the utakers boat:wink:

zimm17
04-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm more worried about getting my steering, throttle, and seats installed before I start dinking around with old crustie stickers :)

Cuda
04-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Easier than mounting the throttle eh? :)

zimm17
04-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Easier than mounting the throttle eh? :)

Yeah, that's still kicking my ass. Waiting for parts on EVERYTHING. Throttle needs a K35 hookup kit. Steering needs a plate from Brian at XS. Oh well, I'm learning that nothing marine aftermarket fits right or has decent instructions.

Barry Eller
04-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh well, I'm learning that nothing marine aftermarket fits right or has decent instructions.
Instructions? What are instructions?
By the way, your avatar photo is taken from the same place by Ft. McRea as mine. Also the photo of me in my boat that was the Registry Header was taken there also.
Does anyone make a "Shorty" for a King Cobra?

undertaker
04-14-2007, 03:07 PM
I have more Turbo sticker you can put them on the utakers boat:wink:

:) :) :) :)

Dr. Dan
04-14-2007, 05:38 PM
:smash: Does anyone make a "Shorty" for a King Cobra?

Barry....Those are for low horsepower motors (Kidding)... the King Cobra seems to be a bit more efficient than most people think...just ask RoadTrip, we both have HP500EFI's and he has a Shorty and all the goodies... and other than the very cool Rooster Tail, I don't see alot of performance difference when it comes to Top end between his boat and mine?

I really would like to get a Bolt On Hydraulic Steering System, now that would be an improvement. Pretty sure no one makes those systems for our drives either? Although Latham will build one for a small fortune! If I could get one for under $5000 complete, I might consider it...but at the prices they have quoted... it might be just as cost effective to do the ITS System when I am ready!

Hey it's only money right?

Doc of Negative Cash Flow:spongebob:

98shovel
04-14-2007, 08:23 PM
dan can get u one through zieger under 5 grand complete

undertaker
04-15-2007, 08:12 AM
the King Cobra seems to be a bit more efficient than most people think...just ask RoadTrip, we both have HP500EFI's and he has a Shorty and all the goodies... and other than the very cool Rooster Tail, I don't see alot of performance difference when it comes to Top end between his boat and mine?

What is his side of the story.......I heard alot of stories at Cumberland last year....:) :) :) :) :)

Undertaker:boggled: :bonk: :propeller: :pimp:

MDonziM
04-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Zimm,

Your 22 looks great. Just curious, what did the shorty set you back, with the install?

MM

roadtrip se
04-15-2007, 02:29 PM
:smash: Does anyone make a "Shorty" for a King Cobra?
Barry....Those are for low horsepower motors (Kidding)... the King Cobra seems to be a bit more efficient than most people think...just ask RoadTrip, we both have HP500EFI's and he has a Shorty and all the goodies... and other than the very cool Rooster Tail, I don't see alot of performance difference when it comes to Top end between his boat and mine?
Doc of Negative Cash Flow:spongebob:

"stock" 500EFIs and see what the difference is sponge pants!

Dan's boat does run great with the Cobra and I would guess he is running somewhere between 540-560 horsies through it. Only way I can figure he makes up the efficiency I get with the shortie. He and I do run neck and neck, even with all the driving tricks I can throw at him!

Funny thing, all of these 496HO 75+mph boats seem to disappear in the distance when the evil twins show up ready to run....

roadtrip se
04-15-2007, 02:40 PM
The time has come for you boyz to beware the all mighty TRS.... :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

It will be interesting to see how the two 540 cube Crits run, if we can ever get them on the same lake...

Man, I remember when 80 put you up in front of the pack, now 80 just keeps you there!

BUIZILLA
04-15-2007, 03:12 PM
LG is gonna be a might bit interesting... :lookaroun: :cool:

catch 22
04-15-2007, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=roadtrip se;
Funny thing, all of these 496HO 75+mph boats seem to disappear in the distance when the evil twins show up ready to run....[/QUOTE]
Is anybody allowed to crash this party?:wink: :eek!: :bonk: :smash:

Cuda
04-15-2007, 07:58 PM
No, you wouldn't stand a chance with that Junior Acheiver 454.:wink:

Cuda
04-15-2007, 07:59 PM
The time has come for you boyz to beware the all mighty TRS.... :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:
Preach on brother!:yes:

Dr. Dan
04-15-2007, 11:06 PM

:smash: Catch it would be awesome to have you head on up to Lake George...I know if you came once, you would come back...just ask Poodle and Buizilla.... it would be great.... now if the new Kentuckian.... can ever leave his roost with his MYCO and his Ex...then the Twins can run what they brung...and everyone can air them out up at the top of the Lake!

On the Lake George runs...everything is fairly normal up until ya head north towards "Rogers Rock", on that part of the run...people tend to let it all out ...there is little to no on coming traffic and there is literally miles of open consistent water with no Logs, Freighters, Tugs or Manitees to screw up your "Chi"...and its in this water that I first opened up the new motor on my boat... its also in this same area I almost burned the boat up by not realizing my friggin Map Light Lighter they installed got broke off in the socket, when the dash started to smoke, I grew a bit concerned! Pearson will never let me live that down!:eek!:

But I digress, LG is an awesome experience, great people, super area for everyone even the kids.... :wavey:

So head on up, Roadtrip drag your sorry ass over to Lake George and lets show these Southern Boys how to really play the "Blues" if ya know what I mean.... now all we need is Damn Yankee to show...and all will be complete.

Doc of Blue Venom :spongebob:

Frozen Member of the LGDCC :beer:

BUIZILLA
04-16-2007, 06:21 AM
now all we need is Damn Yankee to show...

Danny, DY is gonna be there...

:cool:

BigGrizzly
04-16-2007, 12:07 PM
If you guys don't mind I'm just going to sit back and watch, I am getting too old for this. But back to the K cobora drive yes it is slicker than a Bravo but not as slick as a Imco. Point is two HP500s side by side, one will be faster! As for driving tricks Dock does pretty him self. There are two Hp500 one carbed and one injected. I am partial to the carbed version.

undertaker
04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
"stock" 500EFIs and see what the difference is sponge pants!
Dan's boat does run great with the Cobra and I would guess he is running somewhere between 540-560 horsies through it. Only way I can figure he makes up the efficiency I get with the shortie. He and I do run neck and neck, even with all the driving tricks I can throw at him!
Funny thing, all of these 496HO 75+mph boats seem to disappear in the distance when the evil twins show up ready to run....

Hey take it easy on those 496HO boats.....:wink: :wink: we shall see what one does at AOTH this year without any driving tricks:) :) :propeller: :propeller:

ITTLFLI
04-16-2007, 03:53 PM
All this competitive chatter makes me think we might need a "King of the Creek" award this year at AOTH!! That way its official until the next year:bonk: :eek!: :)

catch 22
04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Dr. Dan, LG is a bit to far for me this year. I was hoping I could run with the evil twins in Kentucky.

BUIZILLA
04-16-2007, 05:35 PM
All this competitive chatter makes me think we might need a "King of the Creek" award this year at AOTH!! That way its official until the next year:bonk: :eek!: :) ya know, this is a GREAT idea here.... the S&F guys do this, and it looks like it's a lot of fun, and solves any grudge smack, we could do a standing start 1/4 mile, or a flying start half mile, i'm pretty sure I can come up with a radar gun to use... whatsay we try it ??

:cool:

Dr. Dan
04-16-2007, 06:23 PM
If you guys don't mind I'm just going to sit back and watch, I am getting too old for this. But back to the K cobora drive yes it is slicker than a Bravo but not as slick as a Imco. Point is two HP500s side by side, one will be faster! As for driving tricks Dock does pretty him self. There are two Hp500 one carbed and one injected. I am partial to the carbed version.

Randy.... I "Pretty Myself?" Hmmmmm guess that means I either look good runnin or I only try to look good running.... guess I will wait to hear what you mean specifically?

Where's that Popcorn? :wink:

Doc of Ugly Driving :eek!:

BUIZILLA
04-16-2007, 06:34 PM
As for driving tricks Dock does pretty good himself. Danny bee, I think this is what Grizz meant..

Jerry Eisele
04-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Poodle, Can you bring the Radar gun to the awkening??

zimm17
04-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey Zimm, run the shortie yet?? :) :) :)

hahahahahaha :hyper:

Still need to finish the steering install, seat sliders, trim indicators, and new dash. I'll be lucky to get it on the water in the next couple of weeks...

It was so windy today I couldn't work on the boat. 50mph gusts today and tomorrow here in VA.

I'll post a ride report when I get on the water.

undertaker
04-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Well, there ya go Grizz, time to teach Dr Demento why they call it the dustoff....

:) :) :) :)

BigGrizzly
04-17-2007, 04:17 PM
What buzz said I was doing too much at once and Messed up , but you are pretty too!

roadtrip se
04-17-2007, 05:37 PM
The competitive chatter is just that, chatter.

What I really love is all of the ambush "racing" that occurs at these rallys. I don't how many times somebody has come up behind me, never signaled their intentions, cut a corner short to get ahead, and then I hear about how I got beat back at the docks. C.S.

Worse yet, somebody does signal that they do want to run and then as I am pulling away from them, they quickly get off of plane and pull the hatch to discover a mysterious problem. B.S.

As Griz said, I'm getting too old for this... You guys can have your creek racing and I'll run with my buds. If you can run quicker than 79-81 then you can beat me.

Lake George is on the mind Dr. Evil...

ITTLFLI
04-17-2007, 06:09 PM
The competitive chatter is just that, chatter.
What I really love is all of the ambush "racing" that occurs at these rallys. I don't how many times somebody has come up behind me, never signaled their intentions, cut a corner short to get ahead, and then I hear about how I got beat back at the docks. C.S.
Worse yet, somebody does signal that they do want to run and then as I am pulling away from them, they quickly get off of plane and pull the hatch to discover a mysterious problem. B.S.
As Griz said, I'm getting too old for this... You guys can have your creek racing and I'll run with my buds. If you can run quicker than 79-81 then you can beat me.
Lake George is on the mind Dr. Evil...

Ahhh come on roadtrip! Where is the sense of humor?! :wink:

A radar run would be a lot of fun! Add another dimension to the AOTH smack talk!

btw...all those excuses listed above are just facts about "lake racing"! They happen! We probably have all been beaten at one point or another by one of those tactics! I personally don't care if somebody beats me with them! Its lake racing! If I was worried about it then i would be racing on a closed circuit.

What are the "C.S" and "B.S." at the end of your paragraphs?:confused:

Dr. Dan
04-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Dude, your so full of it.. Hell, I know for a FACT I dont have to run 79 - 81 to keep your boat in my rear view mirror... :yes: :yes:

:spongebob:
Well there ya have it.... smack from the Canine Critter, Todd you have to come to Lake George now.... just to uphold your very strong 74 to 76 mile an hour Rooster Tail Spray Devise and Fuel Injected V8 Atomizer!

Bring the Daquiri Whacker, some Scotch and a couple of them thar Cigars and Matty will handle the grill. It's always good stories and cold brews at Treasure Cove. Maybe you can convince some more MidWest Donzi Lake Racers to venture this way as well.... tell them it will be a new experience boating with Water and No Logs! I know it's No Dam Problem...

Anxiously awaiting getting wet... from the Evil Twin.:wavey:

Doc of Demented But Pretty Boat Handling....according to Bears :beer:

roadtrip se
04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Ahhh come on roadtrip! Where is the sense of humor?! :wink:
A radar run would be a lot of fun! Add another dimension to the AOTH smack talk!
btw...all those excuses listed above are just facts about "lake racing"! They happen! We probably have all been beaten at one point or another by one of those tactics! I personally don't care if somebody beats me with them! Its lake racing! If I was worried about it then i would be racing on a closed circuit.
What are the "C.S" and "B.S." at the end of your paragraphs?:confused:

I love smack talk. It's part of the game and I like the game. But out on the lake, face off and let's go! And suck it up at the dock, if you get beat that day. Bring the gun to AOTH. I'll be the fastest Classic with a 500 and a P5 Hydro!

roadtrip se
04-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Dude, your so full of it.. Hell, I know for a FACT I dont have to run 79 - 81 to keep your boat in my rear view mirror... :yes: :yes:

MP did it running maybe 50-55. That blue thing was all over the place and there were was no way to get around him!

Mad Poodle can be one ornery dog!

gero1
04-17-2007, 08:31 PM
can i play too???? my boat runs a gazillion mph!!!!!!! ah hold on a minute..... sorry i almost chocked on a strawberry

gero1
04-18-2007, 06:48 AM
my dock lines where wraped around my feet, i was also running low on fruit loops, 9 of my spark plug wires came off, my ecu was telling me my butt was running out of seat grip. you were not running wot so i had to slow down to show trip what i saw for 6 hrs the day before!!!

Dr. Dan
04-18-2007, 06:48 AM
:wink: Well, as much as I am a willing protagonist in this classic thread hijack.... I think we owe the thread originator... something?

If he private mails me his Name address and phone number, and maybe Jacket or shirt Sizes, also what's the color of your Classic?.... I will see if I can't come up with some Donzi Hardwear to heal this scalding fantasy fest that RoadTrip keeps stirring up! :smash:

We all know he(Roadtrip) is only trying to compensate for his "Shortie?" :spongebob:

So I mean who can't feel for Todd, after all he is just an unwilling participant and victim of his own Ego and Natural "Short"comings? Let's all pause a moment and remember Todd does actually have one or two endearing qualities...the most of which is his wife(and Boat Minx) Jill, and also his abilty to Smoke Dead Cattle better than most...Oh Great BBQ King.

Ahhhh the smell of Smack Downs in the morning.... the only thing that's better is the hazey fog that hovers over the Lake in the morning, the crack of the V-8 firing up in the morning, the moments spent idling out to the open water before you bring the boat up on plane and peircing the silence.

Driving out to the rendevous point to meet the other Donzis, the anticipation of that morning run and the great memories of that weekend.... another day on the water...another Great Event with friends and the Donzi Family.... , another day of celebrating the legend of Don Aronow.

Just another day of living the dream!

Doc of Walden Pond :wavey:

BUIZILLA
04-18-2007, 07:11 AM
boy, i'm damm glad everything I own is a slowpoke...

undertaker
04-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Well, we may let ya get away with the "fastest Classic with a 500" title..

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) I love this stuff....:yes: :yes:

undertaker
04-18-2007, 08:07 AM
my dock lines where wraped around my feet, i was also running low on fruit loops, 9 of my spark plug wires came off, my ecu was telling me my butt was running out of seat grip. you were not running wot so i had to slow down to show trip what i saw for 6 hrs the day before!!!

That's funny right there.........:) :) :)

peregrine
04-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Doc of Walden Pond :wavey:
I don't remember seeing you there when I was swimming there. It was usually dark though, as we would sneak in late with our dates and skinny dip....

Sorry, that just brought back some good memories of Boston.

Carry on.....I don't have a boat and I was feeling left out!

maddad
04-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Holy cow!:eek!:
I have to go to the Dust Off, just to see how all this spray settles out.
:)

RickSE
04-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Well, we may let ya get away with the "fastest Classic with a 500" title..

Heyyyy...Not so fast, I ran 78 in FL under propped and on the rev-limiter @ 5400 RPM with trim and throttle left in the bank. I just need more pitch.

One day the 500 boats will unite and rule the world. :shocking:

RedDog
04-18-2007, 11:51 AM
boy, i'm damm glad everything I own is a slowpoke...

I'm with you Jim - I couldn't stand the stress of having a fast boat. I'll just play clean-up crew and watch...

undertaker
04-18-2007, 12:47 PM
One day the 500 boats will unite and rule the world. .......

.......until somebody drops a 625 Ilmor in a 22 classic:eek!: :eek!: :yes: :yes:

Undertaker getting slower by the day.....:boat: :boat: :pimp: :pimp:

catch 22
04-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Since currently the 454 and 502 boats are ruling the roost, yuze guys wit the purty blue motors best get your poo together... Soon!!
What about purty blue motors that used to be black?

Cuda
04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
What about purty blue motors that used to be black?
What are you doing still up?? There ain't no Dancing with the Stars on tonight.:eek!: :wink:

catch 22
04-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Very Funny:)

Cuda
04-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Very Funny:)
American Idol? :)

Tony
04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
This is a fun post...I guess I'll have to chime in:
I hereby claim to have the fastest bone stock Volvo 7.4Gsi/DPX 22' classic.

:beer:

BERTRAM BOY
04-18-2007, 09:09 PM

Yeah, What 'Poodle said !!!!! All hail the mighty TRS!!!!!!!

Cuda
04-18-2007, 09:38 PM
I mentioned the 454's..
What ARE you still doing up anywho?? Does Gina know you're playing on her computer?? :eek!: :eek!:
Gina is probably doing the typing. :)

OKII
04-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Take those TURBO stickers off that prop:) :) :) :) .....looks good...
Could anyone tell me what the website if there is one. for turbo props

RedDog
04-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Could anyone tell me what the website if there is one. for turbo props

http://www.precisionpropeller.com/ - Turbos are made by Precision Propeller

BigGrizzly
04-19-2007, 05:59 PM
For
turbo it ia www.turbo-props.com.

Cuda
04-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Doesnt she always??? She darn sure has to post pics for him..
But my boy tries hard. It may take him half an hour to type a post, but his spelling, punctuation, and grammer is good. :)

That's why when people email, or pm him, he gives his phone number. :)