PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Paint

Rich
04-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm looking to keep the 7 Meter in the water this summer which means I need to bottom paint. I'm in Long Island Sound. I'm looking at Supershipbottom paint. does anyone have any experience with this stuff?

Johntrip
04-10-2007, 03:56 PM
If its only for the summer I would'nt paint the bottom. 23' boat with a painted bottom will loose some value. Grab a mask and snorkle a couple times and wipe her down... Another good idea is a zinc ball in the transom.

sub-bass
04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
My mechanic who is also a general freak of nature recommends a product called Lanaguard spray across entire underneath of hull - he says it's a guarentee to not have growth.
We get it here in Australia, maybe Google it - it's good for anything from rust prevention to insect repellent on sheep. It's a Lanolin by-product.

realbold
04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
IMO any boat that is kept in the water should have a barrier coat like Interprotect 2000 applied followed by paint to prevent blistering. If you're not worried about growth VC epoxy bottom paint is KA. Looks like white gel and is hard as rock. Contains teflon and should clean up easy.

glashole
04-11-2007, 06:57 AM
we used that product on my friends Boston Whaler that stays in the water all summer :boat:

After he repaired the osmosis he painted the bottom with the interprotect and it looks good and is "hard as a rock"

and he hasn't had any growth on the bottom either :)