PDA

View Full Version : drive shower water pick-up (blackhawk)

glashole
04-10-2007, 09:13 AM
I am debating on the water pick up on my drive shower for a blackhawk drive

I have the set-up to go through the tansom and hook up to the sea strainer but am beginning to get a little concerned about plumbing into the water line as I don't want to starve the engine of water if i have an issue with water flow. :eek!:

has anyone installed the water pick-up behind the props and if so dies this provide adequate water flow when running at speed :confused:

Shea

MOP
04-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Shea I doubt like heck that you will not have ample water for both, a few feed the top cap with a line tapped of the sea pump outlet. Most of us have to much water, that is the reason for pressure relief valves.

Phil

gero1
04-11-2007, 06:41 AM
do not waste your time putting one in the lower unit behind the props! you'll get no water.

glashole
04-11-2007, 06:48 AM
:) didn't think so

glashole
04-30-2007, 02:01 PM
this is the route that I took

the first picture is the sea strainer out of the boat the other 2 are of it in the boat

MOP
04-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Shea looks good well thought out, that will keep that pesty green crap out! The BH needs a strainer a lot more then a standard drive, when I ran the BH drive up on the river I had to clean my strainer at least once/twice a day. I put the Bravo diesel X on which has dual pickups and rarely pick up anything while I am up there.

Phil