PDA

View Full Version : arg... how do you take the livorsi throttle apart?

zimm17
04-09-2007, 04:40 PM
You livorsi throttle owners.... how in the heck do you get the handle and flange off to install the damned thing? The instructions are absolutely horrible.

Any idea as to the colors for the trim switch wiring?

zimm17
04-10-2007, 03:08 PM
I figured it out after sitting on hold forever for tech support. They installed the livorsi sticker over the screw that holds the handle on.... so they're sending me a new sticker for free.

It's not exactly a drop in like Mike Livorsi bragged about. I had to open up the hole to 3.5". Now I'm going to marine-tex the two exposed bolt holes that the flange just barely doesn't cover up and install the rest of it.

Also, the trim switch has three wires- my control has 4- one extra for the trailer button. So now I need to wire the trailer wire to the "up" so I can override the limit switch. Time to break out the manual.

catch 22
04-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Zimm I got your pm. Sorry he didn't get back with you, he's pretty busy there. I talked to him again and he mentioned about the sticker and the wire to me. I was going post the info when I got up this evening. I see you got it figured out. I drive a truck for Publix SuperMarkets here in FL. and I'm an early morning driver. I usually go in around 12am and home by 12pm so I sleep in the afternoons. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've had Doller do quite a bit of work for me as I can't do it at my house. I have barely enough room to store the boat let alone the Homeowners Association has a COW when they see my toolbox or the boat in the driveway. I had the boat in the driveway 1 day and the next got a letter. Needless to say they weren't asking for a ride. I'll be home most of the day Wednesday give me a call if you get a chance. Jim

zimm17
04-11-2007, 05:31 AM
I wish my camera was working. I had a pretty crazy St. Patty's party and lost my battery and charger. Battery showed back up (it was borrowed), but charger is gone. New one gets here Thursday.

I have to do some major cable adjustments. In neutral, the throttle is half pulled back and I have no reverse. I used up the adjustment at the engine, now I have to pull the throttle again to adjust :frown:

zimm17
04-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Next part of the mystery.... I talked to catch22 and the shop that did his throttle needed kit "K35" to hook it all up. He also mentioned that part of the throttle is made by uflex. Wow, I would never have figured that out.

So after some research I found out that the livorsi is a jazzed up uflex model B184.

I also read on this page: http://www.uflexusa.com/engine_c_cables.html
that my merc cables look just like "C-5" cables. According to their notes, I need the K35 kit. Although the control hooks up to my cables, I don't think I have the required throw. I hope the $13 kit fixes the problem (and has instructions).

I'm glad I was told "it drops right in". That should be the aftermarket motto.