PDA

View Full Version : BlackHawk Issues

evetsathom
04-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Several years ago after buying my 22 classic w/ blackhawk drive I took someones advice from this forum and I went ahead and bought a new Blackhawk Drive for the garage. It was pricey but it turned out to be good advice and a good decision. Last summer I had the unfortunate opportunity to bolt it on. The original drive has been at the local Mercruiser Shop for a couple of months "waiting on shop time" ? They called earlier and said the parts are available (shaft) but the tools to make the repair are not. What's the deal here? I live close to Ocean City Maryland and I am willing to drive this unit a couple of hours in order to get it to the right shop. I will ship it if necessary. Any other advice on blackhawks is welcome...

evetsathom

evetsathom
04-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks Poodle. I may very well take you up on that. Let me see what comes in from the Mid-Atlantic area for a couple of hours.
evetsathom

glashole
04-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Don't just let anyone work on that drive

Many Merc shops will say that they can until they actually understand what is involved and the appropriate tools required :confused:

find someone who knows what you are talking about before going to them

if you find someone, where ever they are, take it to them and let them work their magic

more money upfront is worth the peice of mind that it is done correctly :wink:

good luck