PDA

View Full Version : black hawk trailers

gero1
04-06-2007, 06:52 AM
my eagle trailer was not made for my rocker hull, close to a 1" gap at the back and about 3/4 at the front. the two in the middle are ok. can't afford a new trailer but have the tools to cut off the front and back pedastels and reweld them. need some one to measure from the bottom of the bunk plate were the lag bolts go into the bunk board to the bottom of the frame rail. the thought of useing spacers is not what i want

MOP
04-06-2007, 10:23 AM
What about removing the bunk padding and trimming the bunks to match the hull so the boat sits on them full length, seems like that would be a easy way.

Phil

fegettes
04-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Interesting. I just had my Magnum steel trailer blasted, painted, and replaced the only two bunks on the trailer this last November for my Blackhawk. Originally, the bunks were too short, and I increased the length about 18" with 2X6's to run from the transom forward. The bunks bow just enough to hug the hull. I thought the boat looked to be resting fine on the bunks. Am I overlooking some thing here?

MOP
04-06-2007, 01:39 PM
The rocker as we know kicks the back end of the hull up so it has no contact with the bunks aft, I noticed just how much on the only BH I saw on a trailer. From what I could see the transom was up more than an inch, that puts a lot of stress in the area of the main aft bulkhead all major weight is behind that point.

If you lay a straight edge the thickness of the gap at the transom on the rocker section you could mark that angle to its apex then carry it forward using dividers following the hull and get a glove fit. I have fitted many trailers one in particular was for a Blue Jay fleet, I marked the bunks with dividers, set the foot on the Saws All to a median angle hit the rough spots with a side arm then installed the carpeting.

Phil