PDA

View Full Version : SRQ Poker Run pics

WOT-sup
04-02-2007, 01:39 PM
What a deal! Ms. Bobbi had a long layover in Sarasota, our current hometown, at the Hyatt on Saturday night. Figured we'd take the boat there and hang out. Turns out there was a Poker Runs America event happening, so we only had the 18 there for the afternoon, but drove back for he evening. What a show, they expected over 100 boats. Met a bunch of interesting people, including Mr Magoo from the Regestry (howdy Kurt!)

Also, When we were bringing the boat home, ran into (not literally) a local guy with a '74 conversion.

Pictures tell the story

fasttrucker
04-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Nice wish I has there.It snowed here in md today.Spring?:crossfing:

Mr X
04-07-2007, 07:59 PM
And a good time was had by all...........the Donzi's

New screen saver opportunity.....enjoy!

Cuda
04-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I've been there during that event. It's pure sensory overload. Sights, and sounds.:cool:

boxy
04-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Looks like Frank had a pretty good time....

He sure sounded like he was having fun when I talked to him late Thursday night..... :D

Looks like Typhoon may have 2 Poker Run boats this summer.

thriller
04-08-2007, 01:52 AM
I'n my dreams! Looks awesome!
MM

Barry Eller
04-08-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm curious about the Classic with the outboard hung off the back. What kind of performance does he get from that combo? I'm sorry, but it just doesn't look right too me...I don't think it would sound right too me either...

But outboards are MUCH more dependable than mine!

Shanghied Again
04-09-2007, 08:57 AM
We had 2 boats running, my Customer Robert took delivery on his 38 ZR with 700s and a KILLER stereo system! He has no Bathroom they built a special Cabinet to host his 3 Big Amps and I mean BIG! with 2 batterys wired to the amps when you put his radio on she was so loud that she made the lagoon shake..
Now back to the boat I ran with Gene Weeks on throttles and me on the wheel we had the 38ZR comp rocking with Merc 700s we hit the gulf and with 3-4ft chop we running a solid 90mph with a couple triple digit spurts (Felt More Like a boat race) With The Donzi helicopter next to us we almost nailed her a few times. Gene and Myself made a great team together. The 38 ZR is one of the best sit down boats ever made and the Sarasota Poker Run proved that and Yes Boxy you called me when I was feeling pretty good..

roadtrip se
04-09-2007, 10:10 AM
C'mon Powerball...

MOP
04-09-2007, 12:51 PM
THat OB 22 is interesting, it sure looks like a late 80's-early 90's hull judging by the late style square instead of angle iron lifting bracket, lefty steering is kind of odd. And yes a humungus beer cooler/rumble seat!