PDA

View Full Version : Take a guess...

Tony
04-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Who do you think is such a Donzi fanatic that they would turn their old rear seat into the world's sweetest porch swing?

:beer:

Last Tango
04-02-2007, 10:53 AM
WOW!!!! What a cool idea! Nice work. Even the extra teak arm rests. What did you use for those Donzi logo side panels? I hope you hung it from the ceiling with Classic lifting rings!

Tony
04-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Mark, it's not mine...but I'm entertaining guesses as to the owner.

I can give you a hint...I'm currently in Florida, and I took the picture.

Last Tango
04-02-2007, 09:04 PM
GCarter? Cuda? Madpoodle? Mr. X? Jetbert? And about 10 other rabid Donzi freaks in this State that would do that! LOL!!!!!

Tony
04-02-2007, 09:49 PM
No to all five of your guesses.
I'll narrow it down for you...I'm staying on the gulf coast.

Last Tango
04-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Budmann, Donzigo, JamesBon, SmokeDiver, MikeMiller, GeneD?

Tony
04-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes, one of those!
The picture below is my final hint...

Last Tango
04-02-2007, 10:33 PM
DONZIGO!!!!!!!! You are THE MAN! But then we all knew that! Nice swing buddy!
Fun quiz, too, Tony!

roadtrip se
04-03-2007, 10:54 AM
I hear somebody else might be making up a set of tan bar stools out of the front buckets of a huricane boat down there in FLA.

Just something not quite right about this, but I sure would be willing to break one of them in! Line'em up!

Tony
04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Yes, Donzigo it is...and that swing is just a glimpse of how cool his Z-33 is!

What a great guy, too, as he took my wife & I, daughter, and son-in-law all for a fantastic tour of Boco Ciega Bay...including Shell Island and a newly formed party spot called Horseshoe Island. We had an awesome time, and then he let me take the helm...I thought I was in heaven!

Thanks again, Richard!

Donzigo
04-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the kudos, Tony, and, its not over yet. I hope we can get together again before you leave. My whole crew enjoyed meeting you and your's. As you saw, we never quite know wo's going to show up an any given weekend. Nate usually comes down, we didn't see him. Sometimes Cuda shows up too. For anyone who hasn't met the Sporos, they are a hoot. Great low maintenance guests.

Don't forget to send me the other pictures you took........

Cuda
04-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Once you narrowed it down to the gulf coast, Donzigo was my main suspect. When you are looking for his house from the water, it's not hard to pick it out. :)

Where is this secret island you speak of???

Cuda
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
These pictures were taken on one of the best days I've ever had boating. I think we just ran into Richard at the Bridgeview, which I hear isn't open anymore. :(

Cuda
04-03-2007, 06:35 PM
That day, Debbie got in Donzigo Jr's 22 with Richard to run to his house to pick up a friend of his. She said he was flying that 22!:eek!:

Anyone who doesn't think a 33 Crossbow can fly, has never ridden next to Richard when a cruiser goes by. I swear I saw the whole bottom of his boat!

DG Jr even got his 8 month pregnant wife to head to Shell Island with us that day.

I also ran into the guy I bought my Formula from. He had some pretty nice bow candy.:cool:

I sure do miss the boating over there.

Tony
04-03-2007, 07:14 PM
The newly formed island lies south and west of Shell...we could easily see the Fort DeSoto State Park beach mostly south and slightly east of us, and off in the distance a lighthouse whose name I don't remember. It's a very small horseshoe shaped sandbar, which broke the surf on one side and left the inside of the horseshoe calm as glass. Pretty cool...

Yes, Richard runs with an active crew! It was fun meeting his son Dave and his wife Erin, and his friend Aaron & family. Not to mention the Minnesota connection who are probably peeling skin as we speak...

More pictures...btw, the fourth picture posted is apparently a 75' Donzi!!

Cuda
04-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm guessing that new island is the sandbar that used to be barely underwater, and damn near impossible to see when coming in during the late afternoon with the sun at your back, looking for Bunces Pass. I shined more than a few props on that bar.:(

I've seen that Ivory Lady before at Tierra Verde. If I'm not mistaken, those two tenders on deck are beak boats.

Trust me, you don't have to be from up north to resemble a lobster after a long day on the boat. You would think Debbie would know better.:bonk:

Cuda
04-03-2007, 07:51 PM
We were in my fishboat one day, and I saw Donzigo heading from Bunces to Pass-a-Grille. He never did see us, but we saw his hat blow off the boat.:)

Donzigo
04-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Joe,

The new island is just on the North side of Bunces Pass as it goes into the Gulf. Nice place. I hope we keep it during the summer.

Tony, the lighthouse is Egmont island.

BigGrizzly
04-05-2007, 07:00 PM
actually I have my old Corsican seats to be made into a couch

Cuda
04-06-2007, 06:54 AM
Here is the lighthouse on Egmont Key.

Donzigo
04-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Joe, your Formula has one of the most beautiful rooster tails I've ever seen. Are you using her regularly?

Debbie, shame on you, girl............dang, you're red. What happened?

Cuda
04-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Had it out once last year. :(

I was going to take it out last Sunday, but I got up with a severe case of the lazy ass. :(

Cuda
04-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Debbie, shame on you, girl............dang, you're red. What happened?
That was the same day we saw you at Bridgeview. We were on the water from 9am until dark that day. We went all the way up to Hamlins after we left Shell Island that day.