PDA

View Full Version : looking for sites

slamdry
04-01-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm looking for any sites or catalogs that sell original, original replacement, or reproduction parts for donzi's. I need a few peices for my 70 and want to change out some warn pieces. Any help would be great. Thanks.

MOP
04-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Do a search on restoration parts and another on hardware, you will come up with Richard Weavers. His number is posted a few times@

Phil

Rootsy
04-02-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm looking for any sites or catalogs that sell original, original replacement, or reproduction parts for donzi's. I need a few peices for my 70 and want to change out some warn pieces. Any help would be great. Thanks.

what specifically are you looking for?

Donzigo
04-02-2007, 06:25 AM
If we need parts for our car, we go to an auto parts store; but, there is no "one place" that would have Donzi parts. Boat manufacturers are assemblers of boats. Most will only produce the hull, interior, and upholstry. The rest they buy from others. That's why the earlier post ask you precisely what you needed. Then, someone will give you a source for the part, if we know one. many stainless parts have to be custom made. There's a guy here in St. pete, Florida that can make most any part out of aluminium or stainless............JTR manufacturing.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

slamdry
04-02-2007, 05:07 PM
well right now i am looking for how the rear engine hatch is supposed to be held down, and the hard ware to do it> the rear hinges are there but somone put hood pins from a car in the front to hold it shut, i am told there are supposed to be latches that it looks like there are holes for but i cant seem to find any decent pictures (if anyone has some pics that would be a big help)

also i am looking for a bezel that trims out the steering colum, mine is cracked, and maybe th eoriginal size and decals that go on a 1970 s16 ( somone re did them and put a different style on, and i can see were the original go and would like to line them up over it.)

any help would be grand.

Rootsy
04-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Decals can be aquired from Richard Weaver - do a search here for the name and you will find the phone #... he resides in Maine.

the chrome teleflex bezel is NLA from teleflex (pretty sure on this but not 100%). NOS and used can be found from time to time on ebay, someone here might have one they'll part with. YOu can still buy the black cast ones i believe but you'll have to have them chromed.

the hatch latches (one at each front corner) are Perko items availiable various places online or at West Marine, something like $40 / ea. I will look up the part number tomorrow and modify my post.

Hope that helps to get you started and if i am incorrect i am sure someone will correct me shortly :)

slamdry
04-02-2007, 07:33 PM
that would be spectacualr if you could get me that part number!!!!

and the boat has a black one, a polished would be even nicer, but i could deal with a black one if you happen to see or hear of one

Donzigo
04-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Brian,

West marine has a website......................?????????

slamdry
04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
i know this, i was looking at it earlier but i dont know what the latches are supposed to look like, mine are gone, all that is there is the holes, and i would like the ones that look like what is supposed to be there.

Rootsy
04-02-2007, 09:07 PM
hatch latches... ouch on the price but i have to buy 2 also eventually...

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/22803/0/0/perko%20latch/All_2/mode%20matchallpartial/15/0

slamdry
04-02-2007, 09:12 PM
lol good thing i got a good deal on the boat, i can feel it getting expensive already, whats the deffinition of boat, i think its: a hole in the water surrounded by wood into which one ours money: lol thats on a sign at my grandfathers camp in LG.

Thanks for the link!!!!!!!

Rootsy
04-02-2007, 09:15 PM
B.O.A.T. = Break Out Another Thousand... :)

Have a nice day and you don't even want to know what i have into my restoration or a few of the others around here such as mr. pearson's pumpkin ;)

slamdry
04-02-2007, 09:17 PM
i can only imagine :)

slamdry
04-03-2007, 05:22 PM
hatch latches... ouch on the price but i have to buy 2 also eventually...
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/22803/0/0/perko%20latch/All_2/mode%20matchallpartial/15/0

i found some on ebay for $26 if your interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D170037048082%26f vi%3D1&item=170037048082

Donzigo
04-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Brian,

There are many out there who will give you the pciture of what the hatch should look like, then you can have two made by a good machine shop. There is one here in St. Pete that will make you the hatches then mail them to you. I've had several things made over the years.

JTR Machine shop 727-321-6321 speak to Derrick or Dee Dee, his wife. Many people on the boad have had things done.

To know whether you are a true boater, you get a 50 lb block of ice & put it in your tub, now get a 1 foot stack of $50 bills from the bank, you turn the shower on straight freezing COLD (so you are sober), now roll up and stuff the $50 bills down the drain, if you're still having fun when the ice is melted, dude, you're a boater.

slamdry
04-03-2007, 06:17 PM
lol thats cute!

well i actually found those latches (the perko ones) on ebay new for $26 each, so i baught two, but thanks for the number i wrote it down incase i do need somehting machined. The peice im looking for around the steering wheel doesnt seem to be comming up, when i search bezel i get the round peice behind the wheel, and i need the square peice that trims it out and bolts to the dash, but i dont really need that right now.

:confused: does anyone know if the plug wires on the 289 in the boat are the same from a car or truck?? or do i ned to get the wires off something with a big block ford??

Kirbyvv
04-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Brian, welcome aboard. I'm in Queensbury and work in Clifton Park so am in your neighborhood. Where are you going to be running your new toy? I don't have any hardwear, but do have a few boxes of Volvo drive parts and pieces. Not to scare you, but I've owned mine for a little over a year and have almost spent what I paid for it on upgrades, repairs etc.
You need to go to the Lake George Donzi Club Dust-off, the weekend of June 16-17. There will be so much Donzi expertise there in one palce it will be scary. You'll meet a lot of like minded people with the Donzi habit. Post a photo of her, we all like to see pictures.

slamdry
04-05-2007, 03:53 PM
THANKS!!
i will actually be spending alot of time on lake george with it, i have a house just behind the million dollar beach, and i know quite a few people with docks so i plan to have a good summer, i'm going to try and make it to the dust off hopefully atleast one day, i may have to work the saturday but i dont know yet.
were in cp do you work?? just curious??

slamdry
04-05-2007, 04:07 PM
here is a link to a gallery of pictures i took when i first got it home.
1970 sweet 16 (http://65.184.54.94/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=61127)