PDA

View Full Version : Trim Tab Advice- 22 classic

MDonziM
03-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm thinking of replacing the stock Bennett 12 x 9 dual ram tabs with either 12 x 12 or 12 x 16 "sport tab" which comes in black and can hopefully use my existing actuator setup. Is the 16" overkill? Too much?

Running a stock 502mpi now but thinking of building a 540 sometime in the future and thought the extra tab size might help. ( Also installing full hydraulic steering)

Thanks, MM

MOP
03-31-2007, 04:54 PM
I am running 12X12's on my 22, Todd the other half of the "Evil Twins" says no are tabs needed at speed on a 22, I whole heartedly agree. I only use my tabs to balance passenger weight and at idle speeds to disappear the wag these deep V's have, never at WOT.

Phil

MDonziM
03-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks Phil, I thought the 12's were prob best and yes I hardly use what i have now but I wondered if bigger tabs might help in the Long Island 3' slop sometimes. Speaking of slop, you said ,I think,on another thread that you use Maguires wheel cleaner to get water tannins/ staining? I bought some and it didn't seem to do much. Are we talking about the same staining? ( light browning on the bottom)

Marshall

Carl C
03-31-2007, 06:19 PM
I'd stick with the stock size. I use very little tab in 3-4' chop on Great Lakes. Any worse isn't really runable in a 22. I also have to use a little port tab to correct for listing except at all out top speed.

BigGrizzly
04-01-2007, 09:55 AM
I have been mulling this over for two days now and this is my thoughts. I have the stock tabs on my Criterion an it does well over the 80 mph mark. If I was to change tabs I would go all the way foe the cool factor. No one has picked up any speed with tabs, if they did its is because they don't know how to trim!! This is tabs not rocker plates, which i won't discuss here at all, because my experience is limited on them.