PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor(s) in my new SS manifolds ??? POLL

Lenny
03-31-2007, 10:44 AM
In my new manifolds I am having made (SSM) should I have an oxygen sensor put in, and if so, one or two? Does it only matter to monitor one side of the motor? Small Block Chebby...

MOP
03-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Do you need them maybe yes maybe no, I was in on a really good discussion about them. You do need to monitor both sides as you will spot a problem as it starts and hopefully before it causes damage. Thing 99% of us get away with reading the plugs in fact I don't know and Donzi owners running them, I know there is a plug color chart up here or easily found on the net. Personally unless you are going overboard on HP I would not bother.

Phil

gcarter
03-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Can the engine read two? If so I would.:yes:

Rootsy
03-31-2007, 07:03 PM
if you are extremely serious about tuning her for all she is worth.. do both sides.. if you want to use it to play with the carb and such just do one side... it'll pretty much cover what i am pretty sure you are trying to do.

Ed Donnelly
03-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Lenny; When Brownie made mine, I had O2 both sides, pyrometers both sides.
They come in handy if you have thm.........Ed

penbroke
03-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Why not have the fitting put in both sides? The fitting can't cost that much and you can always put a plug in them if you don't need 'em...

Frank

BUIZILLA
03-31-2007, 09:13 PM
help me out here..... i'm kinda slow on this tech stuff.... :lookaroun

WHY do you want these??

DonCig
03-31-2007, 09:30 PM
help me out here..... i'm kinda slow on this tech stuff.... :lookaroun
WHY do you want these??
Jim, 2 reasons:
1. Because Lenny is a little short on mechanical aptitude, but the kid could write a laptop program to put an an X-18 on the moon if we gave him the tools! LOL
2. When Lenny kills the ignition at 93 mph in this X-18 to do a plug reading, his beautiful girlfriend freaks out.

Don

Lenny
04-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Jim, as stated, I have NO mechanical aptitude, and without trying to sound ignorant, I have SOOOO much on my plate, in my life now, that I do not want to even learn,... ever...

I want dummy guages to tell me to freak.

Sorry motorheads, but my plate is full....hence my question, and I do not "read" plugs.

Ed Donnelly
04-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Buiz; Don't at least one of your several Criterions have pyrometers on the dash???.......Ed

BUIZILLA
04-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Ed, none of them do..

Ed Donnelly
04-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Buiz; I stand corrected.. Mine has pyrometer gauges left and right
hydraulic pressure gauges left and right for the Bennetts......Ed