PDA

View Full Version : spring startup

MDonziM
03-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Anyone have experience with an injection cleaning product they would recommend for a 502mpi?

Thanks, MM

MOP
03-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Can of worms ??

I like the STP which I double dose.

Phil

MDonziM
03-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Do the worms use a scrubrush to clean the injectors? How do they hold the brush?

I guess I'll just try the STP.

Thanks

BUIZILLA
03-28-2007, 01:05 PM
the STP works great, but it is concentrated..

Pismo
03-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Techtron

RickR
03-28-2007, 05:59 PM
+2 Techron

RedDog
03-29-2007, 07:34 AM
OK - I'll play. Is the use of a cleaner recommended each Spring or only if you have problems? I have never used it in my '98 502 MPI and have had no problems.

I play on starting her up in the driveway this weekend or next for the first time since winterized last November.

BUIZILLA
03-29-2007, 09:17 AM
here's my .02 with being in the FI business for 26 years...

the STP product is a great SHOCKER to start with, the TECHRON is a great MAINTAINER to stick with.... however, if you use 89 or 93 octane Chevron fuel, Techroline is supposedly already in there, TECHRON is Techroline. So you don't add additional Techron to 89 or up octane Chevron fuel. Techron works very well with other fuels and octane grades.

Now, here's the current snafu where *I* live... for some reason Mobil/Exxon and Amoco/BP is NOT working out for my clients in ANY octane form. it just isn't. This may not be the case in your neighborhood, but it's damn sure an issue in my territory. In fact, my GS, Nova, race car trailer generator, both small gas home genny's, both Sea Doo's all MELTED the rubber/viton needle and seat assembly's. EVERY single carb had an issue, due to this Mobil fuel I was using. But, my Tundra burned every drop I pumped out of the suspect other items, and ran through it, without a whimper. We have gas injectors come into this shop virtually every day with issues. By far, most have been using the fuels stated above.

Put that info in your pipe and smoke it...

JH

MDonziM
03-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Hmmm.
Well Buizilla, thanks for the info, truthfully I never really gave the type of gas that much thought. Hess station (might only be in the Northeast, not sure)is near the ramp so thats the high octaine i've been running the past 2 years with no issues.

I am more certain about what to put in my pipe, white rhino.

RedDog- I have yet to use any injector cleaner either.(96'eng runs great) just figured after fall fog down it couldnt hurt.

I guess if it runs fine leave it alone...

mikev
03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
I use berryman's B-12 dump in the tank of all vehicles injected or carbed been using it for years and cheap at wally world.