PDA

View Full Version : OT - philadelphia info......

boxy
12-13-2002, 09:44 AM
....does anyone have any good info on Philly - bars, restaurants. I am flying in next Friday afternoon for the Sens/Flyers game on Saturday afternoon, then back to Ottawa Saturday night.
Frank C a run to AC Friday night is still a possibilty.

mattyboy
12-13-2002, 10:48 AM
sorry Boxy,
I have not been down to the new arena in Philly,yet,( I miss the Spectrum) I here that Bernie Parent's son runs a neat bar in the Arena it self. got to have a philly cheese steak and a pretzle! I hope your enjoy your trip and I hope the Sens don't have a nice stay if you know what I mean , did you search the web??
Philly can be a rough town not only on the ice!!!
try this link
http://www.philadelphia.com/music/index.html

Matt
Let go Flyers

boxy
12-13-2002, 10:59 AM
Thanks Matty, it should be a great weekend, I'm flying down on the Sens charter with the guys from Molson. We probably won't stray to far from the team hotel, unless we hop in a limo and head to AC :D .
I probably won't be wearing my Sens jersey eek!

rms
12-13-2002, 11:20 AM
boxy, after the game take a cab or whatever to Pat's Steaks, 9th and Passyunk. Best cheesesteaks, and all the colorful people. Have fun.

boxy
12-13-2002, 11:26 AM
rms, thanks for the info, but no can do. We are flying on the team charter, and we leave right after the game. (you know - kick JR's ass, then high tail it out of town)
Any suggestions for Friday afternoon/night ?

mattyboy
12-13-2002, 12:02 PM
sounds like a sweet deal, enjoy everthing but the hockey wink

matt

McGary911
12-13-2002, 12:20 PM
Pat's (Pat's Webpage (http://www.patskingofsteaks.com)) has the best cheesesteaks in philly, no doubt. If youre on South Street, Jim's is pretty good too. There's a ton of cool bars along the river. Dave and Busters is one of those huge arcade bars, and is a lot of fun. There's a hooters there too. If the hooters girls have too many clothes on for your taste, there's always Delilah's smileybo

Have a blast

fasttrucker
12-13-2002, 01:45 PM
i was down on the waterfront.they have an old boat turned into a hooters,but it was closed.there is a dave+busters..some kind of dance bar i think its called phenox?its a whole block.i was there on biz. so i didnt have time to party.

chucknoonan
12-13-2002, 05:38 PM
Ok Boxy, here's the deal from a local:
AVOID Pat's, I think that they use horse meat. Jim's on South Street is way better. Dave and Buster's is a good bet. Not too far from the FU center, great place to grab a bite, have a beer, and have some fun. The PERFECT place to go about an hour before gametime is the Pennsport Pub. Its on Columbus Blvd., same as Dave and Busters, but closer to the FU center. Cheap beer, EXCELLENT scenery!!! Then its about a five minute ride to the game.
Have fun.

chucknoonan
12-13-2002, 05:46 PM
By the way, kick JR's ass??? Did you see the hit last night? WOW!!!!
I think Robert Svehla's great grandkids are going to feel that one!

Shanghied Again
12-13-2002, 06:04 PM
Dave and Busters a place were big folks can have a great time playing video games and drink at the same time! Got my Vote :D
Boxy give me a call when you get up here.

Gearhead99
12-13-2002, 07:35 PM
Sorry to disagree........But, Pat's is "THE" place for Cheese Steaks. I was there in May. It was GREAT. Of course I am orignally from Philly.

Go to Front St. The Bar/Restaurant there on the river is........sorry senior moment. It is an Irish name bar around 2nd and Front. I can see it, but can't name it.

WarPath137
12-14-2002, 09:36 AM
go to geno's it's better than pats, i was just there last weekend, also check out south street there is alot of good places to eat there. dave and busters is a win win place good food nice bar pool tables game room it has everything or there's a hooter right next to it.

boxy
12-23-2002, 07:24 AM
We made it back....I think they named it the FU Center cussball first, then tried to find a sponsor to fit. You guys have great hockey fans eek! :D , and a great building....
Friday night we started at the bar at the Four Seasons, then went to Devon's then went to The Irish Pub (gearhead if that was the place you were talking about, it rocks) then to Fado, another great Irish bar, then smileybo , then it was back to the hotel for a couple of hours before game time. The 1:00 start is tough on players and fans... :D
Thanks for all of the in city info..
Frank C - sorry I dropped the ball, and didn't make the call, but once things got rolling we didn't seem to have much time, we were in and out in less than 26 hours.
It should be an interesting game tonight, JR has vowed revenge for Fisher's hit.