PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy theory #1

Sofa King
03-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Why are there NO diesel SUVees currently made by the big three? Hmmm.....
Lots o' peeps bitch about how big and GAS guzzling the SUV's are, they should be the very FIRST vehicles to offer a diesel.
I'm purdy sure the big three are trying to make the OPEC countries, Russia & Canada richer. This must stem from the top executives at the big three getting their pockets lined by these countries not to produce a diesel.
GM in there infinite wisdom choose not to offer a 3/4 ton engine or a one ton engine in their Burbon. No wonder the idiots are in financial trouble.
Ford discontinued the excursion, good job buddies you guys had the only diesel on the market.
Chrysler is to busy trying to sell to GM.

WTF?

SOFA KING :confused:

Johntrip
03-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Diesel fuel is not cheap at the pump anymore...... I heard GM was coming out with the Suburban diesel for 08...........

Johntrip
03-26-2007, 07:55 PM
They've been going in this direction..

Hybrid

Sofa King
03-26-2007, 08:18 PM
My bidnit pardner just got a 3/4 ton 4x4 burbon with a 6.0 gas. He gets 11 mpg. Iffin he had a diesel he would be getting a good 70% better mileage even if it cost .30-.40 more a gal it would be WELL worth it. If you wanna talk about hybrids a smaller diesel engine is MUCH more cost and fuel effective.

Sofa King
03-26-2007, 08:21 PM
The Germans know whats up. They offer a diesel in a bug for heavens sake and the new Mercedes Blue Tec is once again ahead of the curve.
The big three are dumbing down America HARD!

Johntrip
03-26-2007, 08:45 PM
pulling power w/a hybrid....??????

Sofa King
03-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Go figure...

BUIZILLA
03-26-2007, 09:06 PM
all the INDY cars at Homestead this past weekend ran on Ethanol

Sofa King
03-26-2007, 10:09 PM
knowing the crap company GM is iffin they do come out with a diesel it will have the detuned duramax like the use in their vans without the ally.

Craig S
03-27-2007, 08:31 AM
pulling power w/a hybrid....??????

I'm a teacher. There's this guy that shows up at my school to test kids with his Prius with...a receiver hitch. I don't think he's pulling a 22' though.
LOL!

roadtrip se
03-27-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm purdy sure the big three are trying to make the OPEC countries, Russia & Canada richer. This must stem from the top executives at the big three getting their pockets lined by these countries not to produce a diesel.
SOFA KING :confused:

so why should Ford continue to build it? GM and Chrysler look at this and say why should we make the same mistake?

I am on my second diesel Excursion and love it. My wife drives a diesel Jetta and loves it.

The Blue-tec has already been passed by better technology, before it even gets out of the chute. They have already been passed by our friends at Honda who have produced a cleaner running, more efficient diesel that doesn't require the customer to re-fill the urea tank. There are several diesel vehicle alternatives coming between now and 2010, including light duty SUV and pickup diesel options.

The big three will produce what the customer will buy, period. Your comments above are some of the more mis-guided that I have seen on this site in awhile. Give me a break.

Sofa King
03-27-2007, 10:32 PM
So why should Ford continue to build one you ask? I think you answered your own question lol. I believe the reason they stoped is it wouldn't fit in the standard garage (around 22'). Concept cars are cool to talk about but I'm talking about the present. Where are the diesel SUV's ...

Sofa King
03-27-2007, 10:35 PM
BTW Roadtrip, You take the Honda I'll drive the Benz.