PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving Donzi... (for a while)

Patrik Sweden
03-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm leaving Donzi for a while, but soon when I can buy a Shelby for decent money, I will get one of those!! :yes:

I sold my 22 Classis this weekend, but I found and bought this one today..

This is a Hydrolift F29; Norweigen built boat from 2000, it was stolen 2001 and have been stored in the Police garage to 2005 while investigation/legal process went on!!

The new owner bought and repowered it, installed all new electrics etc etc..

Merc 6.2 MPI Horizon/Bravo III

Carl C
03-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Looks nice but I have to ask why you sold the 22C? I don't suppose we'll see you here much now but I hope you keep in touch. Good luck with the new ride.

Patrik Sweden
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Looks nice but I have to ask why you sold the 22C? I don't suppose we'll see you here much now but I hope you keep in touch. Good luck with the new ride.

I needed a bigger boat (I think).. and got an offer I couldn't refuse on my 22. This boat is easy to sell in Scandinavia, and if I find a Shelby around $55000 I hopefully buy that one and sell this one...

If a buy a Shelby I need to ship it ($5000), pay tax (25%), custom and a CE certification (european union crap)

Carl C
03-26-2007, 01:23 PM
pay tax (25%) :eek!: :eek!:

MOP
03-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Patrik good luck with the new boat and yes do not be a stranger I enjoy your posts, I know you will always be welcome.

Phil

Morgan's Cloud
03-27-2007, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Patrik Sweden
pay tax (25%)
Only 25 % ....... Try our 33% ! ! And it was 55% for about 10 years back in the later -80's / Oh have I mentioned the $7 a gallon gas recently ? :bonk:
That looks like it can do nearly everything a Donzi can do (except maybe 60 mph) so you ought to be happy for a while.
I thought you just got everything the way you wanted it in the 22 , someone must have made you an offer you could'nt resist !
I'd speculate that you're going to have to wait for a Shelby to get to be a few years older than they are now for the price to go down to the point where you won't take a bath due to the shipping and import tax.
Do people over there try their luck with marking down invoices in an attempt to get by with paying less tax/duty ?
Not at all unusual here .. just don't get caught !
Steve

Team Jefe
03-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Good Luck Amigo, nice lookin' ride....please don't be a stranger.

realbold
03-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow, whats that wood lookin boat in the background of the last pic?

Patrik Sweden
03-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Patrik Sweden
pay tax (25%)
Only 25 % ....... Try our 33% ! ! And it was 55% for about 10 years back in the later -80's / Oh have I mentioned the $7 a gallon gas recently ? :bonk:
That looks like it can do nearly everything a Donzi can do (except maybe 60 mph) so you ought to be happy for a while.
I thought you just got everything the way you wanted it in the 22 , someone must have made you an offer you could'nt resist !
I'd speculate that you're going to have to wait for a Shelby to get to be a few years older than they are now for the price to go down to the point where you won't take a bath due to the shipping and import tax.
Do people over there try their luck with marking down invoices in an attempt to get by with paying less tax/duty ?
Not at all unusual here .. just don't get caught !
Steve

The Hydrolift could never do as much as a Donzi, a Donzi is always a Donzi!

$7/gallon gas.... we have the same price on gas all year year round...

We always try to make ways to pay less tax! :wink:

Good Luck Amigo, nice lookin' ride....please don't be a stranger.

Thanks! I will always be a Donzi friend!

Wow, whats that wood lookin boat in the background of the last pic?

We have a lot of wood here in sweden... I think it is a Petterson Boat
, I will trade you one for a Shelby... :yes: :yes: :hyper:

Staffan Berg
05-16-2007, 03:24 PM
The Wooden boat is a "Solö 25" (25 foot)

A very popular boat from late 50:s and begining ot the sixties.
It was for that time a large boat for rich people.
Made in mahogony.
There are a lot of wooden boats still in good shape in sweden.
Price is usually low and compared to other countries in Europe.

Budmann
05-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Looks kinda like a 23Z-F Cuddy Donzi built in '88. Nice boat!!!
Bud

f_inscreenname
05-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Hell I dont own a Donzi and I'm here all the time. No reason for you to go.:wink:

noisynova
05-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Hell I dont own a Donzi and I'm here all the time. No reason for you to go.:wink:
Me too.

lars
05-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Congratulation to a great choice Patrik!!! Hydrolift isn't known in USA yet even though a broker I believe in Michigan has brought a few in from Norway. High quality, great ride and good on gas. Check out Hydrolift below. They will be around for a long time.
http://www.hydrolift.com/boats/boats_start.asp

Patrik Sweden
05-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Thank you Lars!

It's a very nice ride! 50 MPH at top, cruising at 35 MPH!

A Merc 496 HO or a HP 525 would be very nice.. but my bank account doesn't agree with me.. :mad:

I named her "Hydrobitch" after my wife :tongue:

BUIZILLA
05-22-2007, 08:02 AM
I really like that boat... :cool:

realbold
05-22-2007, 02:03 PM
I named her "Hydrobitch" after my wife :tongue:
:hyper: Great name!

Staffan Berg
06-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Patrik
Where is your yellow Hydrolift

There is one close to my summer-house.
Are you around Fågelbro-Tranarö-Strömma.
(Sorry for spelling with these odd characters)

Patrik Sweden
06-30-2007, 06:06 AM
Patrik
Where is your yellow Hydrolift
There is one close to my summer-house.
Are you around Fågelbro-Tranarö-Strömma.
(Sorry for spelling with these odd characters)

No, thats not mine, I have mine located at Lidingö Bro's världshus or on my vacation I have it Österskär, north of stockholm. We have a summer house just west of Saxarfjärden between Ljusterö and Furusundsleden.

But I've been in your hoods many times this summer, I have friends on Djurö, Dalarö and Edelsö and we've been dining at Strömma couple of times. Next week I going there to look at the Cape North Event.. and Stockholm Poker Run. (sorry for even more odd swedish characters...)

Team Jefe
06-30-2007, 09:10 AM
I really like that boat... :cool:

You and me both Jim...that is a sweetie.

And Gents, no worries about the Swedish Characters.....what we need is some pics of the Swedish Bikini Team.:yes: