PDA

View Full Version : Mini blown engine

LKSD
03-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Here is something cool I saw on another site.. I thought you guys may think it is neat too..

Its a mini blown alchol V8 engine. It was all made in this guys hobby cnc machine shop. This would definitley kick as$ in a Rc boat!!! Jamie

http://www.weberprecision.com/

zelatore
03-25-2007, 04:45 PM
That is so cool!

Think of all the "builders" out there (bikes and cars come to mind) who turn out all these really cool hotrods but really just do cosmetics - they never do mechanical build-ups. This has it all over those guys.

I think the owner should ramp it up and make a full size version just to say he did. Put it in anything. Boat, hot rod, old farm truck...just do it. How many other people can really mean it when they say 'I just built an engine...'

Don

LKSD
03-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Don, you got that right.. Jamie :)

MOP
03-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Those little buggers are way cool, The owner of Mattituck Air Base one of the best piston engine re builder's in the US has an aircraft engine about 5 inches long in finite detail that runs. It looks like it was built by a Swiss watch maker! I found one similar to your find below.

Phil

LKSD
03-28-2007, 08:43 PM
That stuff is pretty neat.. It must take those guys a long time to make that stuff.. Knowing how long it takes to do some of the full size stuff.. :) Jamie

mikev
03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
That stuff is pretty neat.. It must take those guys a long time to make that stuff.. Knowing how long it takes to do some of the full size stuff.. :) Jamie

I hear you and we can buy the parts already made for the most part we dont have to make them.