PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Texas!

ChromeGorilla
03-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Just chillin here in Galveston. Arrived at the ship yesterday. Checked in today. Not too shabby..... Private statroom, Phillipinos runnin around to do my laundry and clean stateroom/ make my bed everyday. Kinda nice.

So I got the grand tour today. Holy crap. Boat has a basketball court, swimming pool, sauna, indoor golf driving area, cinema with about 15 seats. 2 TV rooms with 55" plasmas with DirectTV hooked up. DirectTV in my stateroom (gotta pay the basic subscription for that though).

Not a bad set up for when you get off shift.

When underway I have access to both internet and a satelite phone to keep in touch with Michelle. Although they like the sat calls to be less than 10 minutes a day.

I can't believe I'm doing this! :bonk: LOL :eek!: :D

Wish me luck! :crossfing

I've got some pics but no way to upload. Those will have to wait till I get back.

CG

need for speed
03-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Good luck!!! get us some pics of that ship at some point!!

DONZI
03-25-2007, 07:47 AM
Best of luck to you, C.G.. Give Jefe a shout while your out there.
You two will make a great team.:biggrin:

Cuda
03-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Best of luck Scott. Compared to being on subs, you should be able to do your time between days off standing on your head. :wink:

Any progress with moving back to Jax?

Sofa King
03-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Let's hear it for TEXAS! Hell we're so great we got our own President.

ChromeGorilla
03-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll post the pics first chance I get. Cuda, we put moving on hold for a month or 2 as I'll be away.....

Oh yeah... I get here and need to charge the ol cell phone.... friggin 22 outlets in the cabins! LOL...I didn't even think about it.... I gots me an adapter now though.... :D

Later.... CG

Cuda
03-25-2007, 12:32 PM
So basically you're leaving Michelle up in BFE, while you take a cruise.:eek!: :)

BUIZILLA
03-25-2007, 08:52 PM
she won't be lonely... :wink:

Cuda
03-25-2007, 09:52 PM
she won't be lonely... :wink:
:eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

Seeing how CG has been in the military, I'm sure he's familiar with Jody.:eek!:

Team Jefe
04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Best of luck to you, C.G.. Give Jefe a shout while your out there.
You two will make a great team.:biggrin:
No Doubt there Monkey Boy....Your ten minutes from me and no word at all....Man I'm really feelin' the love:smash:

tiger lily
04-26-2007, 11:26 PM
chrome, what are you doing offshore? im sittin in a hotel because our boat got demobed, sounds like your on one hell of a nice boat, compared to the junk i ride around the gulf on.

ChromeGorilla
04-27-2007, 08:19 AM
I work on the Express. It's a deep water pipe lay vessel.
Here is a link with a picture of the Express.

http://www.helixesg.com/deepwatercontracting/dwvessels.html

tiger lily
04-27-2007, 11:18 PM
I work on the Express. It's a deep water pipe lay vessel.
Here is a link with a picture of the Express.
http://www.helixesg.com/deepwatercontracting/dwvessels.html

ah pipe lay, is there a sat system on that boat? those dp boats are awesome, whats your title if ya dont mind me asking, im currently busting my ass trying work my up to a all out diver, instead of just tender/diver, does your company have a diving division? i know its not a good idea for fresh guys like me to jump companys, but im about to and so are a few of my friends because of the problems we are having with our employer

ChromeGorilla
04-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Diving.... uh yea... until recently Helix did not exist.... we were known as.......

Cal-Dive

Basicaly Cal-Dive started buying up other diving outfits, deep sea outfits, ROV companies and so forth. Then Helix was created to put a new face to the company as to get away from the "diving only" image.

Only the largest diving company in the world. I was considering a saturation tech job a while back but decided to turn it down due to the rotation. 6 weeks on/ 2 weeks off. Current job job has 28 days on/28 days off rotation. I am a lead Pipe Lay Tech.

And no... no divers on our boat...... thank god. :wink: :smash: We work way to deep for that. 8000-9000 feet.

tiger lily
04-28-2007, 12:15 PM
thats nice, i didnt know helix was part of cal-dive, i do know about cal dive buying up every company , that defitnley is a nice boat, and yeah, your rotation is alot better than mine, i dont really have one