PDA

View Full Version : Pictures today from Dora Lunch Run

Cuda
03-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Got a few.

Cuda
03-24-2007, 07:04 PM
We met Rick SE today. I had never seen his boat on her before. Beautiful boat, and a real nice guy. If they gave out a prize for farthest towed, he had the prize. Long way to Arizona from here. :)

Cuda
03-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Wot-sup from Sarasota. I think he said it was 5+ years getting it to the water.

Cuda
03-24-2007, 07:10 PM
We were by the ramp on 441, and saw this 22. I didn't catch his name, but he's from Merritt Island.

Cuda
03-24-2007, 07:13 PM
20 foot Cigs.:cool:

Cuda
03-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Catch 22. That Donzi lettering below the boot line looks really sharp when he's running.:cool:

Cuda
03-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Back on the trailer. We had a great time. Weather was in the low 80's, not any wind until later in the afternoon, motor ran great. :)

Cuda
03-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Oops, I almost left one out. I met the legendary MOP today, and also Minx Guy. I didn't catch Minx Guy in a picture.

Johntrip
03-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Looking Good.....!!:wink:

DONZI
03-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Thanks for sharing the pics. Cuda!
I needed spirtual uplift after looking at the freshly fallen snowfall this morning.:(

Sagbay32
03-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Great Pics. Looks like a good time was had by all. I can't wait to retire and move to FL. :yes:

Gee, I only have another 19 yrs :(

Mike

Cuda
03-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Great Pics. Looks like a good time was had by all. I can't wait to retire and move to FL. :yes:
Gee, I only have another 19 yrs :(
Mike
Hell, I wish I could retire and move to Michigan, anywhere as long as I can retire.:wink:

Sagbay32
03-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Cuda,
Something tells me you couldn't handle the Winter withdrawls here.

Mike

BigGrizzly
03-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks Cuda, I missed it again this year. Kind of like you and Eufala. I did however get the Corsican in the water and Lady grizzly and I took a ride on Friday early evening. great cruise looking around seeing the houses through the trees you normally can't see due to foliage. Glad you all had a good time, maybe next year.

WA-LO
03-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Well we didnt get there with the boat but we made it!!! Great to see everyone! thanks Mad p for the parking pass it came in very usefull!! Had to
leave early but had a great lunch. Thanks Brad for the lunch tab it was awsome!!! Looking forward to more great events like this!!!

Cuda
03-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Well we didnt get there with the boat but we made it!!! Great to see everyone! thanks Mad p for the parking pass it came in very usefull!! Had to
leave early but had a great lunch. Thanks Brad for the lunch tab it was awsome!!! Looking forward to more great events like this!!!
Good to see you and Kathy again. Your brother had some funny stories. :)

MOP
03-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Had a great time and never ever can fully tell you all how hospitable the "Southern Boys & Girls" were! The Dora run should be on everyones calender for next year, the lakes, Dora canal and Dead River made for some very nice running.

A super big thank you to Laney & George for putting Ken & me for the weekend, and we sure enjoyed meeting all the new neat people and renewing old friendships.

MOP

A- P.S. Joe we will swerve along the way!

Tim Morris
03-26-2007, 07:05 AM
I met the legendary MOP today, and also Minx Guy. I didn't catch Minx Guy in a picture.

I guess with the ladies tripping around Portugal, these guys think they're
on vacation too. Minx Guy did ask...'so where do you want to go?'... but
I said I was stuck back trying to solve some of my 'job-jar' issues.

Thanks for posting the photos, looks like a good time.

CHACHI
03-26-2007, 08:12 AM
It was a wonderful time. It didn't take too long to acclimate to the 80 degree weather. Thanks to George and his bride, great host and hostess. (Fried grits, how cool is that.) It was nice to finally put a face to a name. Oh, thanks to Bob (Woods?) for planning the lunch. It was a great escape from 30 degree weather.

Ken

Craig S
03-26-2007, 08:30 AM
I enjoyed meeting you guys. And thanks for the ride, 'Poodle.

WOT-sup
03-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Question: What's better than going to a Donzi gathering?
Answer: Going to a Donzi gathering with your own boat FINALLY!

What a fun weekend. Great to see you folks and looking forward to many more.

(John, thanks and glad to reciprocate for the hospitality at Lake Cumberland years (!) ago.)

catch 22
03-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Gina & I want to say thanks to:
Bob (Tidbart) for setting up another fine lunch at the Crazy Gator
Scott (MP) for the Friday night get together at pool side.
Phil (MOP) for helping us out with the MINX.
Phil, my parents & I really appreciated all your help in getting the Minx back together. I told my dad that I felt bad, but I was glad it wasn't me who broke down this time.:wink: :) . We owe you one. It was a real pleasure to finally get to meet you and Minx Guy. If you guys are ever down in the West Palm Beach area we know a couple of good restaurants on the water we can go to and get a Cuda Swerve on.:boggled: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: . Gina & I were hoping that we would have been able to run with you guys, maybe next time. Here are a few pics from Saturday.

undertaker
03-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know the price tag on those 20 cigs...they are sweet...:)

Undertaker:propeller :propeller

pmreed
03-26-2007, 10:23 PM
You don't want to know.

Cuda
03-27-2007, 07:41 AM
I thought that purple 20 Cig was this boat, but it wasn't . This one was at Dora last year. The guy that owns it, Rick, also owns a Cig 45 Maximus. I believe this one is "Little Max", with the same paint scheme as Maximus.

Cuda
03-27-2007, 07:45 AM
I told my dad that I felt bad, but I was glad it wasn't me who broke down this time.:wink: :) . .
Look on the bright side, at least your mom got her hat back. :)

Budmann
03-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks everyone for sharing the pics!!! Um, I think the Donzi's in this thread are WAY nicer than any Cig ever made!!!:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

undertaker
03-27-2007, 08:15 PM
You don't want to know.

:) :) :) :) :)

Cuda
03-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Here are a couple of videos shot on Saturday. One is us taken by Catch 22, and the other is visa versa. :)

http://video.google.com/videouploadfinished?docid=102086813900073768&cid=d476fb248fcca031

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7672791637038475887

WOT-sup
03-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Nice pics of weekend. How about the grin on the guy driving the orange 18.

I've got a few that I'll post when I get home this weekend.

Thanks again for hosting, Bob, it was great.

RickSE
03-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Well we finally made it home on Tuesday night. Somewhere over 2,000 miles and 270 gallons of gas to get home. An uneventful trip for the most part other then having a meatball sized rock off a semi almost come through my windshield in Louisiana, a wicked rush hour traffic rain storm through Dallas-Fort Worth and having to drive through the snow storm from the movie "The Shining" our last 20-miles into Flagstaff.

Somewhere in the middle of Texas I looked over and FarmerTX was driving in the lane next to us. He was on his way home from Dallas-Fort Worth and just happened to come up behind us on the highway, kind of funny. We stopped and chatted for a while, ate some dinner then he offered my son and I a room for the night. Thanks again Mark and Polly.

It certainly was a pleasure meeting all you guys and I never expected to meet some of you that were there. I'm really bummed that I wasn't able to spend more time with you guys. Once we finally got all the wiring issues figured out it was 4-5pm and everyone had scattered or was pulling out. We did finally get a chance to run the boat on Lake Harris for about 45 minutes before we pulled back out and wrapped it up for the trip home. Sea level is fun but I also realized that I don't have enough prop for sea level. We ran the boat up to 77-78 on the speedo but I was on the rev-limiter at 5,400 RPM with a little more throttle and trim left to go. Many thanks to SpeedRacer for sticking it out with me and helping to fix the problems.

Here are a few fun pictures we took on our drive back. We stopped at the USS Alabama for a quick tour and then later at Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo.

Mr X
03-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Glad your back home safely Rick. It was good to see you and meet your family.

WOT-sup
04-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Here's the pics previously mentioned...not so good of shots on most of them :bonk: , but it was a fun wekend. Look forward to meeting and hanging with more folks in this group!