PDA

View Full Version : Which one??

Donzi26ZX
03-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Had a quick question I am looking at two 22 Classics and one is a 2004 40th Anniversery Edition with a yellow hull and yellow/white stripe interior and custom matched yellow trailer. Second boat is plain white with a blue boot stripe and has a regualr galvinized trailer, options on both are the same. My question is which one would retain it value better, I guess what I am asking is the yellow on yellow a popular color or not? They are both the same price. Just looking for feedback on Re-Sale etc.

Thanks!

vonkamp
03-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Buy the one that makes YOU happy and you wont have to worry about selling later. :yes:
Good luck with your purchase, you cant go wrong either way.
Cheers,
von

Donziweasel
03-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I would think the condition of the boat and how it was cared for would dictate the value more than the edition. I am sure a 40th anniversary edition will be a little more valuable in the future, but probably not much.

Personally, I never really liked the yellow on yellow with yellow interior of the anniversary editions. I think the blue one probably looks better. Once again, just one man's opinion.

A boat is worth what someone will pay for it. Instead of anniversary vs. non-anniversary edition, I would look at condition. Are both motors in good shape, regularly maintained, good oil pressure and good compression? Scratches in the gel coat on the deck or hull? Faded gel coat anywhere? Torn or faded fabric in the seating and carpet? Any cracked stringers or mounts (been an issue in some 496 HO and 502's)? Covers not faded and in good shape? Drive been maintained and shifts well? Leaks? Maintenence records? For me personally, these things are more important in determining the value of a Donzi. In any event, you will own a Donzi and for most, that is enough!:)

yeller
03-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Personally, I never really liked the yellow on yellow with yellow interior of the anniversary editions.:uzi: Take that DW. :fire: :D

I don't know if either one will hold it's value better than the other. The anni's were a limited boat, but there is nothing really different about them except the color.

I will say this though, don't pass judgement on the color until you've seen one in person. The yellow boats look wwaaaaayyyy better in person than in pics. My wife was so pissed off with me when I bought a yellow boat, but then when she saw it in person she couldn't believe how good it looked. She absolutely loves it now.

Formula Jr
03-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Same price? Same "condition?" Go with the Anny Boat and matching trailer.
A boat is a million little steps to construct. I would have to believe that the mind set of working on a "show case" boat makes your centers a little more exact, the details a little more clean. Not necessarily to any degree anyone would immediately notice. But its Likely that the little stuff got a few more seconds of attention.

Cuda
03-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Personally, I'd kill for a yellow Aniversary Edition. I love my yellow boat.:cool:

yeller
03-24-2007, 03:17 AM
...custom matched yellow trailer.Just curious, is the trailer striped as well, with matching 'Donzi' decals?? If it is, then it is probably Ismac00's old boat. The same boat I WANTED, but missed out on by a couple weeks.

yeller
03-24-2007, 03:23 AM
I would have to believe that the mind set of working on a "show case" boat makes your centers a little more exact, the details a little more clean.So you would think, but unfortunately, far from the truth.:(

Donziweasel
03-24-2007, 05:25 AM
Damn, tough crowd. I guess I really put my foot in my mouth on that one. Let me clarify- Yeller, no disrespect to your yellow boat. I actually like the yellow Donzi's. For example, I like the color scheme on Carl's boat. From the pics I have seen of the 40th anniverary editions, they just look like a little too much yellow for me. Got to admit, that is a hell of a lot of yellow.

My choice of color is a baby blue one. Not sure why, maybe becuase we had a baby blue 16 growing up in the 70's. Second choice would be navy blue. Just personal taste.

Now I am really going to put my foot in my mouth, but hell it is 3:45 A.M. and I am up for the 118th day straight going to work and my brain is not exactly awake yet, but my least favorite color is red. Before everyone lines up to beat me, understand my own Donzi is red. Red seems to fade quickest in the sun and it seems 1 out of 2 Donzi's are red. I always like something unique. For example, the 22 for sale last December with the checkered racing graphics I thought was amazing. Kinda a white and black look. Loved it and wish I could have afforded it.

I also like the Shelby's which are a solid color except for the deck and boot stripe. Haven't seen one I wouldn't take in a heartbeat.

One thing to remember, no matter what the color, people love the classic Donzi's for thier lines, not color. When someone sees one for the first time, they don't think "wow, what a great color", they think, "wow, that is a fast, sleek looking kick ass boat".

Lastly, Yeller, I would love to see a 40th in person and will hold off final judgement till then. Please accept my humble apologies for dis'n your color. One day perhaps you could give this humble Donzi owner a ride in yours!.:wink: :bonk: :)

DonCig
03-24-2007, 05:31 AM
If it makes any difference to you I have been told that the white one will be faster than the yellow one if everything else is identical. LOL

I am not kidding, ask those in the know!

Donziweasel
03-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Don, what did you think of the new toy?

I heard that about the white ones as well. Something about the molecular make up of the white gel coat that creates more lift and less drag. At least a 10 mph difference!:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Donzi26ZX
03-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Thanks I appreciate all of your responses, they are basically identical boats with 15-20 hours on them. Here is the link for the Yellow one, the guy will take $37,000 for it and same price for the white one. They are both 2004's even though the yellow one is listed with 2005. I think for some reason I am going to go with the white one, but part of me likes the yellow! To many choices and to little time!

Link:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/boatDetails.jsp?currency=USD&units=Feet&currencyid=100&boat_id=1665099&checked_boats=1665099&back=%2Fcore%2Flisting%2Fcache%2FsearchResults.jsp %3FfromYear%3D2003%26sm%3D3%26toYear%3D2006%26toLe ngth%3D22%26cit%3Dtrue%26currencyid%3D100%26luom%3 D126%26fromLength%3D22%26man%3DDonzi%26slim%3Dquic k&searchtype=

DonCig
03-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Don, what did you think of the new toy?
I heard that about the white ones as well. Something about the molecular make up of the white gel coat that creates more lift and less drag. At least a 10 mph difference!:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
John, I like your new toy, I may drive up this summer so I can go 4 - 6wheelin with you!

Don

yeller
03-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Go with the yellow. You won't regret it. And don't listen to DonCig, he's just jealous that he's stuck with a bland white boat. :wink: :biggrin.:

Donziweasel, not offended at all. I always prefered the yellow boats and was hoping to find one like Carls. I admit I was a bit nervous about all that yellow when I bought mine. I hadn't seen it in person and wasn't sure if it was too much. Obviously I'm biased, but it really does look way better in person. It doesn't look like too much yellow at all.

Donzi26zx, if you do get the yellow, protect it well. Yellow is just as difficult to maintain as red.

MOP
03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I have a dark blue 22 one of my my best Buds has a yellow 22, they both look great and draw the same Ooh's & Aah's around the docks. It is a DONZI and you just can't beat that, buy the one that looks the best in your eyes. When you go to sell guaranteed someone will love it just a much.

Phil

Carl C
03-28-2007, 06:12 AM
Same price and same condition? Go with the Ann. Edition. It's funny how, for me, yellow works on boats but not cars and red works for cars and trucks but not boats. The red and white Classics look OK but IMO solid red boats are fugly. Also, yellow is the most visible color and, unless you're smuggling stuff, that's a good thing!