PDA

View Full Version : Other boating message boards!

YmeHP
03-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Well, it seems spring is just around the corner and I cannot get enough boating info. in before the ice melts. What other boating message boards/forums are you all members of? I've looked over iboats.com and thehulltruth.com but would like to find something similar to this site and our competitors.

hardcrab
03-18-2007, 07:09 PM
this is it. thats all there is. there ain't no more.

Carl C
03-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Well, it seems spring is just around the corner and I cannot get enough boating info. in before the ice melts. What other boating message boards/forums are you all members of? I've looked over iboats.com and thehulltruth.com but would like to find something similar to this site and our competitors.Most know about offshoreonly. I don't know if it's OK to talk about the others here.:confused: :boggled:

kd5cue
03-18-2007, 07:17 PM
donzi.org -- perfomanceboat.us

Cuda
03-18-2007, 07:21 PM
www.offshoreonly.com
www.boatfreaks.org
www.speedwake.com
www.formulaboats.com

Those and this site are my regular rotation. :)

If you're an outboard kind of guy www.screamandfly.com

YmeHP
03-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys, this should be enough to keep me busy at work TMW.

For those that care my current boats include a 89' Yellow Z-25 w/ 460 King Cobra and a 1998 Larson Senza 22' with a 350 merc.

dfunde01
03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Well, it seems spring is just around the corner and I cannot get enough boating info. in before the ice melts. What other boating message boards/forums are you all members of? I've looked over iboats.com and thehulltruth.com but would like to find something similar to this site and our competitors.

There are enough boat site links on this page to keep you busy forever.

http://www.powerboatpages.com/

Dave

zimm17
03-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Hotboat.com forums are pretty good for technical engine info. Most of those guys are do it yourself hot rodders. Offshoreonly.com I've found if you ask a question you get the following responses:

1) Call my mechanic at 1800-xxx-xxx
2) I have something to sell you, call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx

I've even had to say "Please don't try to sell me anything, but how would you build a budget 540 engine." and I still got advertisements for other people's stuff. Lots of info though, good videos, great classifieds, etc.

Carl C
03-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Carl, you're weird... :boggled: :) ;) :tongue: Yup:) It's so easy to piss people off with this web thing that I try to tread lightly now!:wink: I thought this might be kind of like walking into my used CD store and asking "where else can I get cheap CDs?" If you're into adult only boating sites try www.lakepirateforums.com or www.HavasuDoug.com :boat: