PDA

View Full Version : wanted volvo prop cone

margo
03-16-2007, 09:50 AM
I need a prop cone long hub 250 volvo or where can i get one..

problemchild
03-16-2007, 10:47 AM
I got one for mine at French Creek Marina, Clayton NY.
this guy has everything for volvo's but isn't cheap...

penbroke
03-16-2007, 11:37 AM
I guess I could sell ya one of mine and replace it with one of the ones I posted in your other thread. (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48397)

Frank :confused: :boggled:

margo
03-16-2007, 06:10 PM
This probably sounds like a dumb question but for a long hub which cone do you use...Presently have a short hub with the spacer and locking tab

penbroke
03-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Look at this thread. (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44799&highlight=prop+cone) It shows the two piece cone and explains which parts to use. It sounds like you already have what you need. With the two piece cone you can use either long hub or short hub props. Just use the spacer for the short prop and not for the long. Use the locking bolt in the end for either assuming you won the battle drilling and tapping your shaft.

Frank

margo
03-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the imfo. i do have what i need from what you said....I didn,t win the battle drilling the shaft i guess a broken tap in there....Will try tapping the cone and useing a bolt to lock it in place i hope....Thanks again Joe

penbroke
03-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the imfo. i do have what i need from what you said....I didn,t win the battle drilling the shaft i guess a broken tap in there....Will try tapping the cone and useing a bolt to lock it in place i hope....Thanks again Joe

That should work fine. Just keep an eye on it. If you ever take the drive apart you can have a machine shop drill it or just change out the prop shaft.

Let me know how the Solas prop works out for ya.

Frank

margo
03-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Pembroke will let you know sometime in May will be useing a 19 pitch on my little 302...Thanks again Joe