PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Buddy Bearings

Zinger
03-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Hello All are buddy bearings good or bad for the bearings , the trailer company claims that they are no good for the standard tampered axle causing too much pressure on the seals. What are most of your inputs and currently running , my trailer is always going into both salt and fresh water. Thanks.

vonkamp
03-15-2007, 04:55 PM
I've been running mine since 1999 (heavy use in salt water) with no problems.....yet:crossfing .

BigGrizzly
03-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Done extensive research on the subject in the past 6 weeks. Bearing buddy does not have a problem. Only put grease until the fitting rocks. The trailer guys blame the other guy all the time. Problem is breaks especially Disks need to cool before launch. The buddy bra fills with water and gets in behind the spring and seeps in while heating and coolingcycles of breaks.

DickB
03-15-2007, 09:41 PM
I agree. The spring is not that strong. No problem if you don't overfill. I've had good experience with them on several trailers going back a lot of years. Get the original Bearing Buddies - there are some crappy imitations.

Donzigo
03-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Badd for the bearings - Ridiculous..............buddy bearings are the way to go,for sure.

BigGrizzly
03-16-2007, 10:46 AM
I had a bad axle with a grove where the seal rides. The trailer guys blamed the bearing buddy. Called Tie down for a axle bearing sleeve and they told me they didn't have one. Funny the oil bathe hub the sold Bad Tat had them, then he said he wouldn't sell one to any one. He blamed bearing buddy. Then I told him I was using theirs (not a bad copy), then he blamed the seal, I used theirs and their bearings. He ran out of excuses. So I called UFP (bearing buddy manufacture) and I told him it wasn't his problem I just wanted to know how to fix it. This guy had all the answers and didn't bad mouth anyone. He gave me the part number for the sleeve and what distributer to call. These guys make trailer axles for trailer companies. We talked for quite a while and we exchanged information, he gave me more than I was able to give him. If it weren't the fact that I have Tie down stainless breaks on the trailer already I would put UFP on my trailer! So Just because I went out and trashed the Tie down ones and Put the buddys on everything that didn't already have them. This is my way of paying back. UFP won't know but I do a small thank you, but one never the less.