PDA

View Full Version : Who insures your 70+ mph Donzi's?

Jamesbon
03-13-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm bringing her home from the shop in Zephyrhills to my glass guy's place. With that said, I'll be trailering her 50 miles and want to be sure she's covered in the event that I would experience a mishap on the highways.

As always, I appreciate any input you can provide....

royalbcat
03-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Nathan,
I use:

http://www.nmu.com/

J

Dr. Dan
03-13-2007, 06:21 PM
:wink: Nate,

Mine is written through Progressive out of East Lansing Michigan through Worldwide Marine Underwriters... if ya want specifics...email me.

They know it does over 80 mph and that its over 500 ponies.... I do full disclosure when it comes to Insurance, we also carry a serious, umbrella policy on it as well, should the unthinkable happen.

Good Luck!

Doc
717-512-3656:bonk:

RedDog
03-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Progressive - you can set up a policy over the internet in no time

Decreasing deductible over time for not filing a claim

In my 1 near-claim that I later decided not to pursue (wouldn't have met the deductible) they were quick to my needs

p729lws
03-13-2007, 06:43 PM
One more Progressive policy here.

Dan

BUIZILLA
03-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Progressive here too

undertaker
03-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Nate, I have my insurance through ACE USA, Stephanie @ jackson marine sales handles the specifics for me, give her a call 410-287-9400 press insurance extension or go to www.jacksonmarinesales.com click on insurance link. She got me a good rate with excellent coverage with correct speed & horsepower stated. Tell her Undertaker sent ya. Good luck. Feel free to PM me if ya want anymore info.:yes: :yes:

Undertaker:pimp:

undertaker
03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
:wink: Nate,
Mine is written through Progressive out of East Lansing Michigan through Worldwide Marine Underwriters... if ya want specifics...email me.
They know it does over 80 mph and that its over 500 ponies.... I do full disclosure when it comes to Insurance, we also carry a serious, umbrella policy on it as well, should the unthinkable happen.
Good Luck!
Doc
717-512-3656:bonk:

500 plus horsepower:confused: :confused: :confused: I thought your motor was stock:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Undertaker:cool:

need for speed
03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Progressive here
about the only people I could find to take me. age and 496 Ho was a big no for the other 5 or 6 I tryed.. :confused:

Jamesbon
03-13-2007, 07:22 PM
NICE! Looks like another "no brainer." Thanks for the input fellas.

I think Progressive already insures my Rabco.... Will give 'em a hollar tomorrow....

I'm w/you Dr. Dan, full disclosure is fine w/me. I told a local co. in Sarasota she had est. 500 hp + and she said "try again..." :(

undertaker
03-13-2007, 07:36 PM
I have a question???? Wouldn't a marine only insurance carrier normally have better rates then say automobile & other insurance carriers (ex. ACE is marine only I think??, progressive etc. auto, marine etc.) just curious, or maybe I just had to much to drink tonight:eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

Undertaker still vaporizing bodies:) :) :)

Tony
03-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Worldwide Marine Insurance (http://www.worldwidemarineins.com/index.htm)
Bob Luellen
800-339-1235

Bob's a friend of mine...tell him Tony Sporer says hi.

:beer:

Marlin275
03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
USAA is the best company out there, but you have to be military or affiliated service.
They give me rebate checks every year and have covered two big boating losses, broken stringers and water in the engine.
Can't beat that company.

Johntrip
03-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey Ed.... Depends, most insurance comp. give a healthy discount for multiple policies... When you say the best do you mean the cheapest or best service and coverage?? I use PMA (Performance Marine Associates) Reps name is Buzz Fyhrie 954 583 5558. Never had a claim so can't tell ya much other than they bill me consistently and they have a good chunk of my $$......:bonk: www.pmafastins.com

pmreed
03-13-2007, 10:35 PM
USAA for me too. Highly recommended if you can get it.

Phil

Roadrunner
03-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I also use progressive for my 2003 22c and 1987 Supra ts6m. I only have liability on both boats. The price for full coverage insurance on the 22c with 2 speeding tickets with Progressive was high, but progressive was the only company that would insure my boats.

DonCig
03-13-2007, 11:20 PM
A USAA military brat that I am!

But they do not insure Jet Skis or Wave Runners; I beleive that they used to send their customers to Progressive if they would not insure it.

Don

Uncle Fester
03-14-2007, 01:36 AM
What is USAA? I'm a vet and would like to know about this. Only paying 5 something now but always looking for a deal

Marlin275
03-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Geico means
Government Employees Insurance Company
It started out that way but now is open to everyone.

USAA started out military and stayed that way.
https://www.usaa.com

In 1922, when 25 Army officers met in San Antonio and decided to insure each other's vehicles, they could not have imagined that their tiny organization would one day serve 5.6 million members and become the only fully integrated financial services company in America.

USAA membership is a privilege earned by those in uniform — and it's a privilege that can be handed down to their children and grandchildren. Those eligible to join the association include:
Active duty officers and enlisted military personnel.
Former spouses and adult children of USAA members.
National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).

Kirbyvv
03-14-2007, 07:47 AM
I use AMICA and get a rebate check each year if no claims. But I also insure my house, camp, and 4 vehicles with them. Never had a claim on a boat with them, but they were very responsive when my daughter totalled a car last summer.

Marlin275
03-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Consumer Reports rates AMICA right up there with USAA.
I think they are the top rated company in many categories.

Ranman
03-14-2007, 10:43 AM
For theose of you who use Allstate for your homes, cars, etc, particularly in Michigan, they have revamped their marine insurance possibilities and quoting structure.

My home and vehicles were under Allstate and the Donzi was with Progressive. My renewal came in and it went from $385-ish to $425-ish for the year. Pretty reasonable right?

When talking with Allstate, they sad they wanted to quote the boat and they were targeting marine insurance. They said Progressive has over 80% of the market and they wanted in. Bottom line: Allstate rolled the Donzi into the rest of my program for $350/yr with a disappearing deductible.

RickSE
03-14-2007, 01:29 PM
USAA will not insure the higher horsepower boats. I've been a USAA member for 20-years and they've said "NO" to insuring my last two Donzi's. What they will do now though is help write a policy through Progressive for boats that they can not insure. My 470HP 22C is written with Progressive through USAA. This way if I have problems with Progressive I can call USAA for assistance. I've also had good luck with American National www.anpac.com, but last time I quoted Progressive beat them by $100/year.

undertaker
03-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey Ed.... Depends, most insurance comp. give a healthy discount for multiple policies... When you say the best do you mean the cheapest or best service and coverage?? I use PMA (Performance Marine Associates) Reps name is Buzz Fyhrie 954 583 5558. Never had a claim so can't tell ya much other than they bill me consistently and they have a good chunk of my $$......:bonk: www.pmafastins.com

My local insurance agent who is a good friend and insures all my personal & business stuff (cars, home etc.) told me that I would do better (Less $$) with a marine insurance co. rather than with him even though I have multiple items insured with him. Oh well that was a few years ago maybe I should go back to him and see what he has to say, maybe things have changed. Although I am please with my current rate....and coverage.

Undertaker:convertib

zimm17
03-14-2007, 01:52 PM
USAA is the best company out there, but you have to be military or affiliated service.
They give me rebate checks every year and have covered two big boating losses, broken stringers and water in the engine.
Can't beat that company.

I'm USAA, but they don't insure boats directly- they write me a policy through guess who? Progressive! Very low rates, in fact low enough that I'll be keeping this boat for a long time...

Carl C
03-14-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm insured through Progressive but I'm not sure I'd recommend them. They seem to want to take shortcuts on repairs. Hopefully my boat gets repaired properly. It's been in the shop since Sept. 9 for insurance and warranty work. :(

royalbcat
03-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Nathan,
First off, Thanks! You just saved me $ 400.00! I called my Nationwide agent who insures my house, cars, etc. He was 25% lower then NMU on the new 27ZR! Woo Hoo! More beer money:cool:

Sofa King
03-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Allstate