PDA

View Full Version : A great day for a 16 year old

gold-n-rod
03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
We went tonight and picked up a 4th car for the family fleet. Although I've given the speech about how I paid for it and I insure it so it must me mine and he can drive it as long as he takes care of it and keeps it gassed up......

But of course, all he hears is "blah, blah, it's all mine, blah, blah!"

It's a $400 wonder, a '94 Olds Ciera with 220K miles and lots of rust.
Call me old fashioned, but an old beater is a good first car. Hopefully, it instills the desire to get an education, a degree and a good enough job to pay for a decent car!! :convertib

peregrine
03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Beaters are the best. Good choice. As long as it is safe. All my cars were beaters, until... like....I was 30! Man I waited a long time to buy new!

Tony
03-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Randy, I guess great minds think alike. We did the same thing for both our kids...my (2nd year in college) son is currently driving our handed down '95 Voyager mini-van with 170k miles on it.

If all goes well it is a good plan. My daughter's packaging degree (MSU) landed her with Covalence Specialty Products, who just merged with Berry Plastics to form the largest packaging company in the world. (Press release announcement here.) (http://www.covcorp.com/pressroom/20070312.aspx)

:beer: